This Instant And Moment - 2024!

Soldato
My parents would never let me take the train alone to a friends house but they (aka my dad as my mum couldn't drive at the time) also weren't willing to drive me so my friend would get the train to me and then we'd get the train back :o on the odd occasion my dad would pick me up so that my friend didn't have to do the same route back with me. Trouble is the first time I then took public transport alone I was so anxious because my parents had got it into my head that it was so bad.
Yes there are creeps out there who don't care that it's the middle of the day but I could have had a creep hassle me on the walk to school. At least on public transport there are usually other people around.

Last edited:
Soldato
My parents would never let me take the train alone to a friends house but they (aka my dad as my mum couldn't drive at the time) also weren't willing to drive me so my friend would get the train to me and then we'd get the train back :o on the odd occasion my dad would pick me up so that my friend didn't have to do the same route back with me. Trouble is the first time I then took public transport alone I was so anxious because my parents had got it into my head that it was so bad.
Yes there are creeps out there who don't care that it's the middle of the day but I could have had a creep hassle me on the walk to school. At least on public transport there are usually other people around.
Bonkers. I was defrauding bus drivers from like 11 years old (paid in coppers so they CBA to count it :) ) Sorry @Resident

Once got away with about 32p for a 90p fare.

Caporegime
I am more sick today. Feel like I could stay in bed.

My desk atm:

S1IYHWw.jpeg

Soldato
My Niece has work experience next week one town over, 5 miles away. Apparently there is no way of getting there or back without being dropped off and delivered by mother, and mum has work so can't do the pickup.

Taxi? No the driver might be a predator
Train? she might forget to get off 2 stops later
Bus? Enough said tbh but it is equally as good as the train in terms of travel time but is less frequent.
Bicycle? No there is a 'dangerous' dual carriageway (google maps has a nice new cycle lane on it). I look for alternatives and this national cycle route runs parallel and drops you off outside the place https://dgtzuqphqg23d.cloudfront.net/7PY84D_d7K23mbFa2F2yymhHCx1WJNddYqU1OgtrRDo-1536x2048.jpg nope, not good enough, she might get lost.

What have we done in this world that a 15 year old needs chaperoning by a parent 24/7? What hope do teenagers have of being productive in the workplace if they can't get somewhere independently?
I've heard of wrapping up kids in cotton wool but thats taking it to a whole new level. Its typical of parental anxiety these days though where schools have to have seven foot fences surrounding the entire school grounds and automatic gates you have to call or use a pass to gain admission

Caporegime
Couldn't sleep, so got up early. Just as well I did. I thought one of my cats seemed super interested in something behind the bookshelves, then a little later she was sitting on my shoulder having a good ol' purr before suddenly leaping off. Looked round to discover a cute little baby rat moments from death, with three interested cats around it.

Rescued it and put it outside, where it can grow up and invade our attic. Hmm.

Caporegime
Slightly concerned* that I can't stop watching the finale of The Outlaws Season 3 on repeat.

Ranis's redemptive arc! Wonderful.

* I am not because it is glorious.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom