This Instant And Moment - 2024!

Man of Honour
Getting a little wound up by one of my colleagues - every day before work they go to the supermarket and buy a load of food and a reusable carrier bag to put it in, sit on their lunch break and put the wrappers back into the bag and then stuff the whole lot in the bin, repeat. Just goes against everything I stand for to bin a reusable bag like that.

Soldato
Just had my first tea break and finish in an hour, I am not too keen on this full time lark again but at least Fri afternoons can do my life admin stuff , make a curry and have a nap .........I am 60 now

Caporegime
Getting a little wound up by one of my colleagues - every day before work they go to the supermarket and buy a load of food and a reusable carrier bag to put it in, sit on their lunch break and put the wrappers back into the bag and then stuff the whole lot in the bin, repeat. Just goes against everything I stand for to bin a reusable bag like that.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why the ban on free carrier bags actually increased the amount of plastic used in bags from supermarkets.

Soldato
Am I strange for picking them out of the litter bins when no-ones looking and reusing them? Saves me a small fortune I swear

Man of Honour
I witnessed someone get absolutely brutally friend zoned by a girl they like today, you had to be there though I can't really convey it. Don't think she did it intentionally she was being so sweet and sincere but the intonation when she said "friend" just left no room for doubt. From seeing other people's reaction I think she was the only one who didn't realise what just happened.

Caporegime
There is no such thing as a "friend zone", but that sounds pretty brutal if they thought they were more than friends for whatever reason. :p

Poor kid!

But if they haven't expressed their interest, what is the girl meant to think they are other than friends? :confused:

Being friends also doesn't mean there is no possibility of a relationship, tonnes of people are friends and then get together.

Tell the idiot to tell her how they feel, at least they actually learn something then. :p

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Being friends also doesn't mean there is no possibility of a relationship, tonnes of people are friends and then get together.

This is why I say you had to be there - the way she worded it and intonation though I don't believe intended to made it absolutely clear she had no interest and there would never be any interest beyond being friends.

Tell the idiot to tell her how they feel, at least they actually learn something then. :p

I don't know for sure but I don't think they have any problem with asking someone out, etc. they've been in committed relationships before.

Soldato
First time training in jiu jitsu for 12 weeks since my slipped disk.

Nerve-wracking, but it was great to be back.

I’ve found slightly heavy deadlifts with good form worked wonders for my back when I did mine, but the internet seems split on if working a disk like that is helpful or harmful.

Soldato
There is no such thing as a "friend zone", but that sounds pretty brutal if they thought they were more than friends for whatever reason. :p

Poor kid!

But if they haven't expressed their interest, what is the girl meant to think they are other than friends? :confused:

There is certainly a friend zone, and a lot of people get stuck in it with inaction or praying that one day they will get picked. Meanwhile, the person they are pathetically waiting for is out spending time with people they are attracted to.

Caporegime
There is certainly a friend zone, and a lot of people get stuck in it with inaction or praying that one day they will get picked. Meanwhile, the person they are pathetically waiting for is out spending time with people they are attracted to.

No, there is no such thing as a friend zone. Its a term used by incels and schoolchildren that somehow got into common language. :p

There is a reason it is usually only used by cishet men when talking about cishet women.

You can like someone and have them not like you back, that is often how things work out. People can also like people they never used to like.

Saying "they friendzoned me" is a way to put try and appoint blame to the other party for not liking you. Its stupid and a bit pathetic honestly.

Last edited:
Soldato
No, there is no such thing as a friend zone. Its a term used by incels and schoolchildren that somehow got into common language. :p

There is a reason it is usually only used by cishet men when talking about cishet women.

You can like someone and have them not like you back, that is often how things work out. People can also like people they never used to like.

Saying "they friendzoned me" is a way to put try and appoint blame to the other party for not liking you. Its stupid and a bit pathetic honestly.

I disagree. I think there is far more to the friend zone than simply being rejected, and doesn’t appoint blame, it simply describes a certain type of sexual rejection and a form of reaction to said sexual rejection.

I know of plenty of non cis and non het people who have used the phrase.

Associate
I've never been friend zoned, I was usually too reserved with females I really liked, 'shy' I suppose, to tell them how I felt etc. Resulting in me only having romantic relationships with females with whom they made the 1st move, or having no relationship at all with them. I missed out on having female friends, like I've had male friends, which I regret.

Man of Honour

That can be one side of it but I don't think that is the be all and end all of it.

Back
Top Bottom