This Instant And Moment - 2024!

Soldato
PayPal is such a steaming pile of trash. My finance excel says the payment will happen on the 17th - I login today, and it says no payment required, payment made the 14th.

kPyQK1i.png

^ payment received, no payment due

(check my account: payment hasn't left my bank).

Click on the other screen and it says:
yyUiCJt.png

I just don't get why PayPal got it so wrong. In the age of digital wallets etc they were in prime position to dominate. This is after a bunch of headaches where they refunded the value of a 3 month credit plan against a 3 year credit plan --- which meant I had to pay interest if I hadn't had realised.

I got no surprise, they came home at 5:30 after stopping off at kfc for dinner, so had to cook and eat my food alone.

Literally feel like I’m nothing more than a walking atm to them.

Took the dog out for a late night walk and was tempted to not come back if I’m honest.

I’m just done now
This sucks. Speak to her. Although I'm not one for the massive attention on Father's day. I much preferred moving some bags of cement and ballast off the drive; did 2 tip runs etc...

Last edited:
I got no surprise, they came home at 5:30 after stopping off at kfc for dinner, so had to cook and eat my food alone.

Literally feel like I’m nothing more than a walking atm to them.

Took the dog out for a late night walk and was tempted to not come back if I’m honest.

I’m just done now
I think it's totally understandable that you would feel like that. :(

That would have really upset me too.

Are you able to talk to her about how it made you feel coz I personally think it's important she knows how it has left you feeling?

Soldato
Think I would have gone out with the dog and had a fantastic day chilling with the pup maybe Being extravagant with the spending and leaving a message saying you don't know what time you will be back then making sure she knows what a brilliant day you had

Caporegime
Think I would have gone out with the dog and had a fantastic day chilling with the pup maybe Being extravagant with the spending and leaving a message saying you don't know what time you will be back then making sure she knows what a brilliant day you had

Me too. As someone who isn't into gifts (giving and receiving) I'd just make the most of the day.

Soldato
Yay, was successful with one of the interviews I had last week.

Annoyingly I didn't get the other one, which was my preferred job. That interview seemed much more positive, too- you never can tell.

Ah well, I am pretty pleased with that.

Back to telling people their figures are nonsense for me!

Yay, was successful with one of the interviews I had last week.

Annoyingly I didn't get the other one, which was my preferred job. That interview seemed much more positive, too- you never can tell.

Ah well, I am pretty pleased with that.

Back to telling people their figures are nonsense for me!
Congratulations on your new job. :)

Man of Honour
PayPal is such a steaming pile of trash. My finance excel says the payment will happen on the 17th - I login today, and it says no payment required, payment made the 14th.

Mine only varies by 2 days - mostly taken on the day scheduled, not sure why there is some variance and/or whether they combine it with other payments to reduce fees or something.

Also 0% = winning

IprXLS5.png

Chucked the money in an ISA instead and probably going to make around £200 off the interest as things stand unless rates plummet again.

Soldato
This story is nuts:

June and Jennifer Gibbons, known as the "Silent Twins," had a pretty tragic and haunting life. Born in 1963 to Barbadian parents in Wales, these twins were inseparable and spoke only to each other in their own private language. This led to extreme isolation and some serious psychological issues.
As kids, they were heavily bullied, which made them withdraw even more. Despite various interventions and attempts to separate them by psychologists, the twins stayed intensely bonded and silent to others. Their isolation and shared fantasy world eventually led to petty crimes and arson.
In 1981, they were arrested for their criminal activities and sent to Broadmoor, a high-security psychiatric hospital. Their time there was tough, with severe mental health struggles and high doses of antipsychotic meds. They believed one of them needed to die for the other to live a normal life. In 1993, during a transfer to a lower-security facility, Jennifer suddenly fell ill and died from acute myocarditis. Her death was unexpected, with no drugs or poisons found in her system.

Caporegime
:cry:

Genuine question, people from hereford (or in deed Ross on Wye), have you ever bumped in to or seen Richard Hammond driving about ?

I haven't. I have very few reasons to go to South of the river Wye unless I go to Cardiff. Or many reasons to go to south side of the city either.

Edit - North of the river has basically everything, the city center is there, the cinema is there, hospital, police station, fire station, the railway station is there. The only thing south of the river is Asda and the slightly larger Tesco. But there is Sainsbury's, Aldi, Lidi, Morisons, Waitrose and another Tesco north side of the river anyway.

South of the river also has the "rough" area call Newton Farm (name of the housing estate), it is seen as less attractive place to live. House prices south side on average are about 20% less due to this, you have to cross the bridge, which is always congested during rush hour.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom