This Instant And Moment - 2024!

Yeah I didnt think getting a dog was a good idea. But same way people get about babies my gf got about having a dog. He's ended up being more my boy than hers. And I love him too bits. He's more important to me than anything else. But it's not been easy and he will be my last one. Because like you say.. Its a lot of cash! It's come from my van savings basically.

I remember my friend in the US had a German Shepard, who was only like 3 years old. It developed leukaemia I think. She spent her life savings at the time trying to save him.

I remember my friend in the US had a German Shepard, who was only like 3 years old. It developed leukaemia I think. She spent her life savings at the time trying to save him.
Oh man, and that's basically a lost cause I believe. It's a little eye opener to the world we'd live in without an NHS. It's shocking how much a half day procedure can be at a vet

Last edited:
I'm just at the tail end of a Covid infection (at least i hope it's the tail end), hopefully you don't get too many more.
You too huh lord its been rough went for a chest x-ray today as a precaution its been very slow to clear been more than two weeks now. At least its probably covid LFT was negative but probably left it too late or something

Hopefully not speaking too soon but COVID around here seems to be producing really mild infections at the moment like only 1 in 20-30 people are having anything more than a bit of a cough or mild sniffles with maybe a little fatigue and the odd person losing sense of smell and you'd barely know you were ill if not for some people still testing or having it worse.

One of those weird ones - I was looking on Google Maps about an hour ago at where someone I know is on holiday and there's a somewhat unique/unusual named place nearby I'd never heard of before, was just reading an article on the BBC and the person the article was about comes from that same place.

Harvested my sunflowers.

from 20cm pots which are tiny, I managed to get 6-7ft Mongolian giant sunflowers with 7inch diameter heads on them :O

Last edited:
X-ray came back as normal thats the best news I've heard all week, still croaking like a good 'un and had to cancel a dental appointment but hey

Harvested my sunflowers.

from 10cm pots which are tiny, I managed to get 6-7ft Mongolian giant sunflowers with 7inch diameter heads on them :O
As in collected the seeds? They turn mouldy in my experience due to the cold and damp this time of year can never get them dry enough. The heads were as large as dinnerplates though, amazing

Last edited:
X-ray came back as normal thats the best news I've heard all week, still croaking like a good 'un and had to cancel a dental appointment but hey

As in collected the seeds? They turn mouldy in my experience due to the cold and damp this time of year can never get them dry enough. The heads were as large as dinnerplates though, amazing
no just chopped the heads off and left them hanging to dry in the kitchen window.

I think your supposed to let them dry for many weeks, They'll be going to the birds in winter apart from a few seeds I'll keep for next year.

Ima just leave the heads hanging for a couple of months, then put what I want to save in a paper bag

Last edited:
Reflecting on 9/11, barely got a mention today. Always remember, it was about 10:30pm I got home 23 years ago, to switch on the TV. WAP was in its infancy, so you couldn't check your phone.

I was working in a Peterborough warehouse and a student preparing to go into my final year. The warehouse was staffed by a skeleton shift, three students and one warehouse manager, even though it was daytime, it was eery. We were archiving / destroying sensitive company HR documents in a warehouse devoid of staff, which added to the surrealness.

We only had Radio One (at 2pm it was Mark and Lard) and we heard it unfold. Radio One just played low-key music with few interjections from the presenters for the remaining day.

Pics or it didn’t happen
yGtBaQK.jpeg

Mongolian Giants, if it wasn't in a small pot the head would be massive.

oops just noticed my original post said 10cm pots, it should have said 20cm! but still a small pot for such a big yield.

20cm pot is 4 litres I think. which isn't a whole lot of compost.

Last edited:
Thanks. :)

Not planned the honeymoon yet, we've been together years anyway! Will have a decent holiday next summer though.

Yep got very lucky with the weather and got our wish of being able to be outside.

Back
Top Bottom