This is why people are losing respect for the police...

Status
Not open for further replies.
so what is the sweet punchline ?
I've got to wonder if embedded tweets contain identifiable, to Musk, tracking information on the poster.

I keep seeing Mina smallman being solicited by the media to criticize the police (the new committee setup) and their failure to acknowledge met institutional racism -
the police photographs whilst regrettable are nothing compared to horror at the guy who killed her daughters surely, her bile just seems misplaced/irreverent.

Last edited:
This is disgraceful behaviour by the police. Because an autistic girl said to her mother, in her house, that the police woman looks like a lesbian like her nana, this police woman went over the top demanding an arrest.

This is disgraceful behaviour by the police. Because an autistic girl said to her mother, in her house, that the police woman looks like a lesbian like her nana, this police woman went over the top demanding an arrest.

Yep all over Twitter now, that Lesbian looking woman needs to be FIRED!

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Somewhat similiar to the 'gay horse' case from quite a while back....

Is it illegal to say to someone they look like a lesbian? Genuine question.

It probably depends on context, in most situations I'd say no.

Apparently one of the officers was told the daughter was autistic and they responded with "I don't care". So it seems only certain protected characteristics matter to them.

Looked into it a bit more. Yeah there is no way this was a crime. It would be like someone saying to me I look like a Scotsman when I walked down the street wearing a kilt.

Why not just message said person and say this is unacceptable behavior and quote the law. She may have replied differently saying it wasn't meant any harm? Job Done
But no, use your abusive powers yet again!

Have you guys seen their twitter feed though? It's full of LGBT stuff

UPDATE :
"Comments were made which resulted in the girl being arrested on suspicion of a homophobic public order offence."

Arresting a child for engaging in a ‘public order offence’ within her home by likening an officer's appearance to a lesbian, similar to her grandmother. This incident raises serious concerns about the quality of policing
@WestYorksPolice
. Top-down organisational changes needed and compensation owed to the family.

:cry:

Last edited:
Whats this about? It seems to have been ignored.

The 16-year-old, who also suffers from scoliosis, had been driven to her home in Leeds, West Yorkshire, by officers after midnight when she allegedly made the comment.

In response, West Yorkshire Police said a relative of the girl had earlier called to say she was intoxicated in Leeds city centre.

Driven from where and why?

Looked into it a bit more. Yeah there is no way this was a crime.

In your capacity as what? Are you some type of lawyer or something?

99 problems

Last edited:
In your capacity as what? Are you some type of lawyer or something?
I've heard that line from the police so many times. You do realise that the law is public right? It's not hidden away in law offices, anyone can read it:
(1)A person who uses threatening words or behaviour, or displays any written material which is threatening, is guilty of an offence if he intends thereby to stir up religious hatred [or hatred on the grounds of sexual orientation].

(2)An offence under this section may be committed in a public or a private place, except that no offence is committed where the words or behaviour are used, or the written material is displayed, by a person inside a dwelling and are not heard or seen except by other persons in that or another dwelling.

It might not have been the first incident of the night. They had just driven her home while she was intoxicated.
She wasn't arrested for intoxication though. If she was committing criminal acts and the police wanted to arrest her for that, then that's what they should do. They should not be arresting someone because they are such **********, that they can't help being visually compared to someone who happens to be a lesbian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom