This is why people are losing respect for the police...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you talking about the Christians?
The Islamic community mainly as they are most actively against lgbt.

I've seen a few demonstrations were Orthodox Jews have been complaining.

Some Christians are against it. But because we have a collapse of Christianity, any opposition is disorganised.

There seems to be a general mind set that most minority groups are left wing. Most are more conservative (small c) than the straight white male.

Tbh I don't believe I've actually ever seen these apparently common rainbow coloured police cars, only ever images on the internet which as we all know is infallible.

Last edited:
It wasn't a comeback Dis, it was a conclusion I reached long ago based on the various encounters I've had with you on this topic before. It's like talking to an AI trained solely on the Daily Mail website.

Sure it is. Like your reasoning (which tbh is non existent) your conclusion is flawed.

In fact, happy to await some logic from you on why there is any flaw in my point and what the flaws are. Also when Tony is the only person supporting your argument, you should probably give up.

Last edited:
Sure it is. Like your reasoning (which tbh is non existent) your conclusion is flawed.

In fact, happy to await some logic from you on why there is any flaw in my point and what the flaws are. Also when Tony is the only person supporting your argument, you should probably give up.

To be fair I’ve disagreed with you before and you are rather incorrect on a lot of issues that are clearly beyond your comprehension.

The general public dont help because the police have failed them for too long. They can deploy numerous officers to dance along at a pride parade, spare resource to paint or label their cars with rainbows but cant find the resource to bother to attend after someone has gone through the incredibly traumatic experience of a burglary.

Do you think all resources are equal? The lack of officers at the moment isn’t a money issue, it’s a man power issue. They cannot recruit police officers, no one wants to be one, the ones that are applying are wet, the few that get through then need to be trained.

Spending money on civilian staff to do other things, is not affecting the attendance rate for a burglary because of a lack of officer resources.

And yet every time facts are provided for you you run away like a little girl. Even the mods mock you.

Oh no, not mockery from the esteemed moderators of a computer parts shop forum, their opinions of me is vital to my piece of mind! How devastating. I will hence forth quickly try and establish some respect around here with more effort in my posts to reverse this devastating news.

I'm afraid I won't be falling for the tired tactic of posting something without evidence or basis in fact and then expecting someone else to present a logical argument against it. There's plenty of available data out there about what makes up service demand on policing and I've posted enough about it in this thread and others before.

Nonetheless, to get you started on the journey to becoming informed, I can categorically state that no credible studies of police resourcing issues and non-attendance of burglaries, shoplifting etc suggest that pride cars and/or dancing are to blame.

Do you think all resources are equal? The lack of officers at the moment isn’t a money issue, it’s a man power issue. They cannot recruit police officers, no one wants to be one, the ones that are applying are wet, the few that get through then need to be trained.

Spending money on civilian staff to do other things, is not affecting the attendance rate for a burglary because of a lack of officer resources.

The man power issue is caused cuts to the budgets. Which is due to...ah yes, money.
Pride dancing police officers, are just that, officers. They arent just civilian staff. Happy to have you provide a citation to show otherwise though.
And hey, nothing stops a civilian staff member visiting a burglary victim.

I'm afraid I won't be falling for the tired tactic of posting something without evidence or basis in fact and then expecting someone else to present a logical argument against it. There's plenty of available data out there about what makes up service demand on policing and I've posted enough about it in this thread and others before.

Nonetheless, to get you started on the journey to becoming informed, I can categorically state that no credible studies of police resourcing issues and non-attendance of burglaries, shoplifting etc suggest that pride cars and/or dancing are to blame.

Except there is evidence of officers attending those events. And cars with decals. And burglaries not being attended. So all rooted in fact.

The man power issue is caused cuts to the budgets. Which is due to...ah yes, money.
Pride dancing police officers, are just that, officers. They arent just civilian staff. Happy to have you provide a citation to show otherwise though.
And hey, nothing stops a civilian staff member visiting a burglary victim.

The budgets were cut. Officers and staff were let go or not replaced when they retired. This occurred for years. The budget has now gone back up slightly to bring in more officers. The money is now there, the officers are not because no amount of money will magic out trained police officers out of thin air.

How do you know the officers that are dancing are not doing so in their own time, aren’t specials, aren’t assigned to community outreach, aren’t desktop based, aren’t on response duty ready to attend any jobs that need attending?

The budgets were cut. Officers and staff were let go or not replaced when they retired. This occurred for years. The budget has now gone back up slightly to bring in more officers. The money is now there, the officers are not because no amount of money will magic out trained police officers out of thin air.

How do you know the officers that are dancing are not doing so in their own time, aren’t specials, aren’t assigned to community outreach, aren’t desktop based, aren’t on response duty ready to attend any jobs that need attending?

Because forces have broadcast the fact that theyre full fat officers, including senior officers.
Last time i spoke to a senior officer about the issue their reasoning is its no different to policing a football match.
I pointed out i regularly attend football and rugby matches with more attendees than pride events and not a single officer in sight.
Wheres the community outreach there? Wheres the outreach to victims of crime who never get to see nor in some cases even speak to an officer.
And yes budgets were cut, hence the loss of officer numbers. But those decals, which are across fleets of cars and cost several hundred pounds per car could have been spared to retain some talent.

Of course that’s not the case. This is the British Police we are talking about. They love a good jolly up with the margins of society, just as long as it isn’t the criminal margin.

Last edited:
Because forces have broadcast the fact that theyre full fat officers, including senior officers.
Last time i spoke to a senior officer about the issue their reasoning is its no different to policing a football match.
I pointed out i regularly attend football and rugby matches with more attendees than pride events and not a single officer in sight.
Wheres the community outreach there? Wheres the outreach to victims of crime who never get to see nor in some cases even speak to an officer.
And yes budgets were cut, hence the loss of officer numbers. But those decals, which are across fleets of cars and cost several hundred pounds per car could have been spared to retain some talent.
Shouldn't be too hard to show what percentage of cars are pandering mobiles, no?

Shouldn't be too hard to show what percentage of cars are pandering mobiles, no?
I'm sure you could drop an FoI request in and find out if you don't think it costs much.

Just as an example - for one event:

"Kent Police has used £6,123 of taxpayers’ cash to buy curvy grip pens, trolley coins, rainbow erasers and wristbands - including £821 on purple Alaska Frost ball pens.

The force also used £1,050 to wrap three patrol cars in rainbow livery in support of LGBT Pride, Freedom of Information documents reveal."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom