This is why people are losing respect for the police...

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ed Scott Your posts are removed because of naming people. Your first post even gave addresses. Feel free to post your experiences but do not name specific individuals or post their addresses. Thank you.
Okay, understood. But I received a reply from someone after my second thread went out so he must have seen something?

People really really need to reign in their expectations of Police. This is the poshest nicest section of Bristol, the equivalent of Belgravia etc. How 3 Bali’s up’d kids on a stolen motor bike with no plate can waltz in in the afternoon through city centre traffic, encountering zero officers, spend 90 seconds threatening the public and committing a crime, and still not have any officers show up, is indicative of how horrendous policing in the UK is.

That's quite different to the image of the small pink water pistol the news sites used before.

That is effectively a replica of a Glock. It's not unheard of for a young person to be carrying one... especially in certain areas.

There are a number of examples (from the US, unsurprisingly) of live firearms being made up to look like they're toys, Nerf guns, supersoakers, made of Lego etc. Expecting the police to be able to immediately identify something grey and Glock-shaped as a water pistol is entirely unrealistic. I don't doubt that this would have probably received a different level of response in some other areas of the country but youths carrying weapons in London is rife.

Not the first time it’s happened to her.
Probably because the person in question has from memory been banned from various other activies there, so is now "silently praying" on a regular basis.

I wonder how many people would be happy with someone they know has caused trouble and been banned from doing certain activities within a specific radius of their work place, or home, standing outside their workplace/home "silently praying" for hours on end on a regular basis.

It's not "praying" it's another way to protest and make people who are vulnerable very uncomfortable.

Think @jpaul should read that article after some of his comments on that case
had read it - 2 police made up obvious lie on cannabis when they are drug free 'world class' athletes,
De-santos's subsequent stop by the police shows the mentality, and driving standard that, as a driver, he had probably shown on the first stop;
the findings didn't address any racist implications, but I suspect officers could have suggested cannabis had driver been white.
The 5 policemen involved in first stop did somewhat show they thought something was seriously amiss.

e: am perhaps surprised police database may not have told them he was an athlete by profession, such that drugs were unlikely

Last edited:
Police go fund me smh
You referring to this? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-67236220

Appalling really.

More than £50,000 has been raised for two Met Police constables who were sacked after carrying out a stop and search of two athletes in west London.

Author Alice Vinten, a former officer, condemned the donations in a post on social media, saying the officers had been "dismissed for lying about smelling cannabis during a stop and search on a black couple and their baby. Is this what we do now? Raise money for lying cops?"

(maybe) their colleagues think they have been made a scapegoat of ? the whole 'stop' has not been put in question, and, that penalty is too severe.

So the online safety bill has been signed off ... snapchat we are coming for you for the facilitating the grooming offences

Not the first time it’s happened to her.
Yes, you raise a salient point. Its an interesting comparison between this rather troubling intervention, by an agent of the state, and the shoulder shrugging -- smug complacency -- by the Met police stood gaping into thin air whilst a muslim was chanting "Jihad - Jihad - Jihad" only a few feet away on the streets of London. The police never moved off the spot over this ??!!

Probably because the person in question has from memory been banned from various other activies there, so is now "silently praying" on a regular basis.

I wonder how many people would be happy with someone they know has caused trouble and been banned from doing certain activities within a specific radius of their work place, or home, standing outside their workplace/home "silently praying" for hours on end on a regular basis.

It's not "praying" it's another way to protest and make people who are vulnerable very uncomfortable.
Historically the woman concerned has only prayed "out of hours" for the clinic concerned. There was a very good pair of articles on Spiked some months ago, one attacking the womans position in favour of the arrest and a rebuttal from the woman concerned.

She is clearly breaking the law but I don't think he is behaving in an unreasonable manner in the instance I have read about.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom