This is why people are losing respect for the police...

Soldato
What’s the tldr with the Leeds situation? The video posted from some dad I couldn’t understand anything he said.

Police tried to engage with some children after one was presented with a head injury, parents wouldn’t let the police do their job, it escalated.

Caporegime
Good to see certain individuals revealing their true colours...again.

Edit: appears to be him but his true colours seem to be rather different that the one you are painting.

It is him, it's not clear what he was doing earlier and whether that later clip is a reaction to him previously being filmed/photographed.

It went viral so there is an obvious incentive to then be filmed condemning the rioting and saying a few words.

Soldato
Police tried to engage with some children after one was presented with a head injury, parents wouldn’t let the police do their job, it escalated.
Engage?
The police dragged them out of the house and into vehicles.
I won’t post the vid as there’s small kids in it, but it’s on Twitter.

Soldato
It is him, it's not clear what he was doing earlier and whether that later clip is a reaction to him previously being filmed/photographed.
Not clear as in you've made up a scenario, or not clear as in there are rumours he was part of it earlier?

Caporegime
Filmed doing what? Have you got a vid?

You literally replied to the post by Dis86 containing a still of him and saying something along the lines of "LOL that isn't him" then you've edited it since it was him but now you're apparently pretending he wasn't there earlier?

Soldato
What’s the tldr with the Leeds situation? The video posted from some dad I couldn’t understand anything he said.

Parental child abuse in a nutshell.

Kids were left home alone, the youngest fell out of a window and end up with a serious head injury. Social services decided to take all 5 kids into care (only done as a last resort & only when there are previous offences of abuse)

Due to the nature of the incident, police were called to assist.

Locals kicked off.

Soldato
You literally replied to the post by Dis86 containing a still of him and saying something along the lines of "LOL that isn't him" then you've edited it since it was him but now you're apparently pretending he wasn't there earlier?

? Yes I corrected my mistake.

You said he was filmed earlier and suggested he was up to no good. Hence the latter videos.

I’m just asking have you got a link to this video of him being upto no good? Or is it simply a still that the far right have then just wrote any old rubbish?

As it appears the man is a bit of a hero, literally fighting off / wrestling with rioters. Going above and beyond what you would expect from a councillor.

Last edited:
Soldato
The councillor was complaining the police retreated back from the area, which incited others to cause more trouble*.

I don't see anything wrong with what he said. He was trying to stop the destruction of the community.

I think some people on social media see certain people and a click bait title and assume the worst without actually listening to the evidence.

*That happened with the Oldham riots too years ago. If the police had stayed there wouldn't have been major riots.

Soldato
Engage?
The police dragged them out of the house and into vehicles.
I won’t post the vid as there’s small kids in it, but it’s on Twitter.

Ah yes, the police just rocked up and dragged them out of the house out of the blue.

There was zero engagement or dialogue before that.

How silly of me, that video recorded from the very start of the interaction and didn’t at all only include the bit that it eventually escalated to.

Caporegime
You said he was filmed earlier and suggested he was up to no good. Hence the latter videos.

I’m just asking have you got a link to this video of him being upto no good? Or is it simply a still that the far right have then just wrote any old rubbish?

I'm not sure what you're on about re: the far right tbh, perhaps address what I actually said and make an argument based on that which is commenting on his earlier inaction/lack of clarity re: what he was doing walking among with the rioters when police and others in authority were telling people to go home:

It went viral so there is an obvious incentive to then be filmed condemning the rioting and saying a few words.

He was only filmed intervening and telling people to calm down hours after the initial tweets went viral, did you see him saying anything during the initial rioting when it was still light outside or stopping people or was he just following the crowd, walking in the middle of the road with them?

This councilor filmed an update with police asking people to stay indoors and did not go and join them:

That other guy joined the rioters and doesn't seem to have done much until after it went viral that he was there. The clips of him are late at night with him filmed saying a few words and taking a bin/pallet off a kid. It seems somewhat opportunist/for PR when unlike the other councilor he doesn't seem to have done much earlier.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom