This is why people are losing respect for the police...

Caporegime
They should deport the person who made the above twitter post
"Salma is a Muslim woman trying to calm the situation. She deserves credit….. But we know Islamophobic British natives will somehow blame her and Islam. "
Disgusting GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY WITH THAT ATTITUDE

we all know how muslims treat Christians and other religions so shut up with the holier than though attitude, it should be considered a hate crime to say the above, they are trying to add more fuel to the fire

So “revealing his true colours” was him being a decent person?
that video strikes me as staged.

the guy filming likely arrived with him.

oh look thats "mohin ali£ make surer you say the name multiple times, this is a true vote winner for the next elections.

Okay it takes some brass balls to actually go out there and try to tackle the issue, but 100% chance he is doing it for the camera imo.

I'd be more believable if we didn't know who he was based on the video, and then the news channels and media find out it's a local mp.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just seen the clip, there were a couple of white people joining in as well it appears, with one shirtless and the other burning his rubbish. I couldn’t tell you those two ethnicities, not that it matters, but the one at the back could certainly be Eastern European and the one in the blue shirt could be Roma or Pakistani. Neither are Bangladeshi that’s for sure.
Natives would be smart enough to hide their face, these people are probably from low tech countries and don't realise they will be identified within minutes.

The odds of them being born here are probably 0

the 2 people trying to set fire to the bus would have to be the dumbest people alive if they are born here or lived here for any length of time.

they might as well be smiling for the camera... They both have that weird look on their face like someone is talking to them and they don't understand the language

Last edited:
Caporegime
that video strikes me as staged.

the guy filming likely arrived with him.

oh look thats "mohin ali£ make surer you say the name multiple times, this is a true vote winner for the next elections.

Exactly!

Another local councilor was with police when it was still daylight and filming a video telling people to stay indoors. Did this guy reach out to fellow councilors or the Police and offer to use his influence as a community leader and try to stop the riot? It doesn't appear so.

Instead, he's seen wandering in the road with all the others from that area.

That goes viral on Twitter, so time to fix the narrative.

Gets some footage of himself "intervening" while the camera guy repeats his name a few times. What a "hero" right?

Associate
So what was the overall damage from the riots ? from the pics I can see a burned out bus and that's about it, seems kids can't even be arsed to riot properly these days.

Also the Daily Mail headline reads 'LEEDS IN RUBBLE' but then it's just 10 photos of the same bus from different angles ??

Meanwhile we've got MAGA on Twitter screaming 'THEY'RE BURNING YOUR CITIES DOWN'.

Alrighty then..

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not sure what you're on about re: the far right tbh, perhaps address what I actually said and make an argument based on that which is commenting on his earlier inaction/lack of clarity re: what he was doing walking among with the rioters when police and others in authority were telling people to go home:

You responded to a post i made to dis regarding a post shared by the far right of literally a still picture of Mothin Ali, alongside a video of him from another date. Along with captions suggesting he was part of the riots. A couple of examples, but there are many more of almost identical posts by the far right using the same still and videos of him from an earlier date.

You suggested he was filmed being upto no good hence later intentionally being filmed to cover his tracks for his undesirable actions earlier. I've simply asked for a video of said film of his actions earlier which you have not provided. You would have to be an idiot to accept the framing, from the far right, from a literal still picture of the gentleman in question. Your entire basis is off the framing of a still picture from the far right, and guilty until proven otherwise. From this insidious narrative set by the far right, you have then gone on to suggest his heroic actions later during the course of the day and evening were to somehow cover for his actions earlier. Surely you can see how this is flawed?

He was filmed earlier, it's not a rumour.

Again, doing what?. From the initial post dis made, using a tweet from the far right with there own narrative based off a still.

He was only filmed intervening and telling people to calm down hours after the initial tweets went viral, did you see him saying anything during the initial rioting when it was still light outside or stopping people or was he just following the crowd, walking in the middle of the road with them?

Hope this is "clarity" enough for you and the guilty until proven innocent attitude you appear to be displaying comically. This is the video the still appears to be taken from, and as you can see he was again trying to calm the situation. As you can see daylight.

And multiple videos through the coarse of the day and evening showing him risking life and limb to protect his neighbourhood without a police presence.

And a nice article by the independent covering the matter.

Last edited:
Soldato
Exactly!

Another local councilor was with police when it was still daylight and filming a video telling people to stay indoors. Did this guy reach out to fellow councilors or the Police and offer to use his influence as a community leader and try to stop the riot? It doesn't appear so.

Instead, he's seen wandering in the road with all the others from that area.

That goes viral on Twitter, so time to fix the narrative.

Gets some footage of himself "intervening" while the camera guy repeats his name a few times. What a "hero" right?

Can't believe I'm gonna say this, but I agree this is the most likely scenario, given his previous....

Soldato
Very multicultural riot right there. :)

Yeap it was, whilst it started with just one group of people, by the end of the night pretty much every community in the local and surrounding areas had people going there and kicking off. From the videos I watched til about 02:30-ish there was a complete mix of races all joined in together for a bit of trouble making, and only a few individuals telling folks to stop, from a random middle aged blonde lady telling a few masked teenage idiots in a sea of others to stop damaging the large business wheelie bins, to that Green Party guy amongst others.

The councillor was complaining the police retreated back from the area, which incited others to cause more trouble*.

*That happened with the Oldham riots too years ago. If the police had stayed there wouldn't have been major riots.

That rings true from what I saw. Whilst I can understand the Police wanting to de-escalate a flashpoint situation by tactically retreating, in reality it just emboldened people and it may have been better to absolutely flood the place (if they had the numbers). Plus the power of Social Media came around full force as videos of the Police "running away" gave idiots the idea that they'd "won" and could do anything. As I mentioned earlier, very few idiots covered their faces and I hope over the next days the Police reinforce their will on the streets with lots of arrests and raids, because right now they look very, very weak to those locals and that just means more trouble later on.

Last edited:
Associate
Seems to me the police were very heavy handed dragging the young kids (looked like a boy of 10 and a girl of 14ish) out of the house - they were terrified, crying and trying to resist the police dragging them away. The footage is shocking.

I believe the parents were at work at the time and the elder children were looking after the baby that had sustained a head injury

I usually support the police but I honestly think this was all handled terribly and I'm not surprised a riot kicked off (although that is not the appropriate response either).

Also there are reports that when footage of the mob appeared on snapchat and tik tok, people came from as far as an hour away to join in the riot

I expect heads will roll over this - Clearly lack of training in dealing with children. WY Police (Leeds) have form for heavy handed tactics in the last couple of years.

Caporegime
Seems to me the police were very heavy handed dragging the young kids (looked like a boy of 10 and a girl of 14ish) out of the house - they were terrified, crying and trying to resist the police dragging them away. The footage is shocking.
what are they supposed to do pander to them and offer incentives?
I believe the parents were at work at the time and the elder children were looking after the baby that had sustained a head injury
how old? if you leave someone under 16 looking after minors then its your responsibility, not the person looking after them.

all this modern mob rule crap needs crushing fast

Can we get back to rioting over taxes or the state of the government and our crumbling infrastructure , lack of investment etc

instead its always some local /global issue with village mob mindset

Last edited:
Associate
There is no minimum legal age for a child to babysit, but as I say the girl looked 14ish, could be possibly a bit older. Lots of working parent let siblings babysit, or have a teen babysitting while they go out. I personally wouldn't though.

Also your comment above about "Pandering" to children is pathetic - these were 5 children the a large number of police were dragging away to transit vans. Never heard the term "Kid gloves"

Last edited:
Soldato
You literally replied to the post by Dis86 containing a still of him and saying something along the lines of "LOL that isn't him" then you've edited it since it was him but now you're apparently pretending he wasn't there earlier?

Thats it... Body swerve the challenges of your post inferring the Green member was joining in the riot with a bait&switch :cry:

Last edited:
Caporegime
Thats it... Body swerve the challenges of your post inferring the Green member was joining in the riot with a bait&switch :cry:

There is, Richie has nothing of value to add so just goes for the old ad hominem approach as always.

You could try engaging with what was said or you can just go for some super constructive (/s) meta posting, what will it be?

Last edited:
Soldato
There is, Richie has nothing of value to add so just goes for the old ad hominem approach as always.

There it is, Dowie is unable to discuss being called out on his posting behaviour and just goes for the old dowie-hole approach as always to divert the argument.

You could try engaging with what was said or you can just go for some super constructive (/s) meta posting, what will it be?

You could try and engaging with what was said or you can go for super unconstructive Dowie posting, what will it be?

Deary me :cry:

Last edited:
Caporegime
There it is, Dowie is unable to discuss being called out on his posting behaviour and just goes for the old dowie-hole approach as always to divert the argument.

The thread is supposed to be about the police/current events not you having a chip you have on your shoulder re: dowie.

You could try and engaging with what was said or you can go for super unconstructive Dowie posting, what will it be?

I don't want to engage with whatever off-topic hangups you have about me personally, I'm in here posting about the thread topic, you've come in to make it about me.

So do you want to address what was said and discuss that or are you going to carry on trying to make it about me? It's a bit pathetic.

Soldato
The thread is supposed to be about the police/current events not you having a chip you have on your shoulder re: dowie.

Well that's quite an ego you have but ok :cry:

I don't want to engage with whatever off-topic hangups you have about me personally, I'm in here posting about the thread topic, you've come in to make it about me.

So do you want to address what was said and discuss that or are you going to carry on trying to make it about me? It's a bit pathetic.

It's not off topic... Someone called you out on potentially misrepresenting that Green guy by asking you for some kind of proof...

He was filmed earlier, it's not a rumour.

Filmed doing what? Have you got a vid?

Your response, instead of arguing that point, was to have a go at a previous post and ignore his question.. why?

So if you want to discuss the topic I will do so once you have answered their question

Do you have a video that you alluded to above? Answer or body swerve - that's up to you.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Your response, instead of arguing that point, was to have a go at a previous post and ignore his question.. why?

So if you want to discuss the topic I will do so once you have answered their question

No that's fine, what question do you want answered re: the topic or what I've posted?

Go ahead and quote whatever post by me you're unsure about and ask away. I'm not sure where you got the impression I'm shy about replying to things re: what I've said - quite the opposite.

Edit - re: your edit the previous post was the one being referred to! That was the one with the still from the video you were asking for, it was answered - see Dis's post. If you need any further clarification then first go back and read the posts then just quote the one you're not following and ask away, this all seems to have stemmed from you jumping into a convo mid-way through and not being aware of what was discussed.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
What I love about this is that they are all on camera being live-streamed. The police did the best thing, leave them burn themselves out, don’t insight then further, then pick them all off one by one the day after.

Back
Top Bottom