This is why people are losing respect for the police...

Soldato
@Werewolf I’ve known some Herbert’s in my time, but one thing they have always been respectful at airports, you know with armed officers about.
You mess with these guys you EXPECT severe consequences.
100%

Don’t fight or attack the police, it’s like human 101. Unless the police attack first ofc.

I’d love them to do the same in the US, Middle East or china.

Soldato
No one is saying the officer with the broken nose isn't a vitcim.

What people are saying is that the officer who stomped on someone's head when they were on the ground was almost certainly using dangerously excessive force and going against training.
Both can be true.

And as for "good on him" or "should have just shot the guy" those sort of responses are stupid, given we have a police service in the UK that is not meant to be beating up restrained suspects or killing them in revenge.

I've said it before, it's not that i'm, "soft", it's that if a police officer is willing and able to behave like that in public it raises very serious questions about their behaviour in other areas - especially at a time when the police are under scrutiny for the rapists and murderers in the forces whose previous criminal actions were ignored.
I'd agree if there wasn't such a thing as 2 tier policing going on.

Soldato
Normal people with a functional brain, yes.

But lots of the people in Leeds and here have mob mentality brought in from their countries.
You’d think that coming from places where the police or army have no issues breaking up protests with live ammunition would induce a healthy fear for the authorities. Of course, Britain hasn’t done that in a century or so.

Soldato
Man of Honour
Last edited:
Soldato

No level too low for this parasite.
Now apparently the brother is a victim, colour me shocked.
I've just been doing a bit of digging on this guy although in the tweet he is referred to as the guys 'lawyer' he's not a qualified solicitor. He runs a Solicitors office in Birmingham and is effectively 'the boss' but all the legal stuff if handled by his brother. He does alright for himself though, he has a bunch of fancy cars parked up at his house.

Caporegime
You mess with these guys you EXPECT severe consequences.

It's not up to them to impose severe consequences on the spot, outside of life-threatening/terrorism scenarios, because a colleague has been assaulted. The level of force used should be appropriate to the threat faced.

You do not American History X stomp on an assailant lying face down on the ground after they have just been tasered. He also had no interest in actually restraining the man after doing so, as he moved on, and you can see the one he stomped on moving freely again later in the clip, so he became a threat again. This could imply negligence and a lack of adherence to proper procedures.

It's easy to think 'I'll never get into trouble so I don't care if this level of force is used'. However, we've seen from other countries where that leads once you allow your police force to increase the use of force and get away with it, often on people who've done little and sometimes even nothing wrong. Maintaining strict standards prevents a slippery slope into more widespread and accepted brutality.

Soldato
I've just been doing a bit of digging on this guy although in the tweet he is referred to as the guys 'lawyer' he's not a qualified solicitor. He runs a Solicitors office in Birmingham and is effectively 'the boss' but all the legal stuff if handled by his brother. He does alright for himself though, he has a bunch of fancy cars parked up at his house.

Probably rented. You'd be surprised how often that happens around here.

Soldato
It's not up to them to impose severe consequences on the spot, outside of life-threatening/terrorism scenarios, because a colleague has been assaulted. The level of force used should be appropriate to the threat faced.

You do not American History X stomp on an assailant lying face down on the ground after they have just been tasered. He also had no interest in actually restraining the man after doing so, as he moved on, and you can see the one he stomped on moving freely again later in the clip, so he became a threat again. This could imply negligence and a lack of adherence to proper procedures.

It's easy to think 'I'll never get into trouble so I don't care if this level of force is used'. However, we've seen from other countries where that leads once you allow your police force to increase the use of force and get away with it, often on people who've done little and sometimes even nothing wrong. Maintaining strict standards prevents a slippery slope into more widespread and accepted brutality.

If you class what that police officer did as "brutality" then I'd gladly accept that over the namby pamby approach that we have been seeing.

Many of these riots would not be taking place if the police could sort it the good old fashioned way.

Soldato

Back
Top Bottom