This is why people are losing respect for the police...

Associate
I've spoken to a few police officers since this happened in Manchester, all of them said the same thing really, that the force used was hard to justify.

The first kick could maybe be justified depending on what happened prior to the video starting, nut the head stomp in no situation can ever be used.

The officer clearly saw red, instead of making an arrest on the lad on the floor, cuff and securing, he goes off and takes down the lad on the bench.

It was pretty much agreed that for him to do that something has gone wrong before the video starts. I've got a feeling that the officer who had her nose broken could be his partner / girlfriend or someone he's involved with, hence the reaction.

Either way, he's out of a job and most probably will be charged with assault. But I suppose if I had broken a police officer nose in an airport of all places, I would consider my self lucky that I had a few bruises in places, no real injuries to show, rather then 4-5 bullet holes in my chest.

Try that in any other country and your dead mate.

Man of Honour
If anything I’ve gained respect for the police. I’m looking forward to seeing CCTV, body cam footage and the whole video, I’m sure we’ll see the whole thing in a very different light.

Last edited:
Associate
Airport police acting like airport police, nothing else to see here.

Dont kick off in an airport unless you want serious consequences and that's not just from the police.

Associate
If anything I’ve gained respect for the police. I’m looking forward to seeing CCTV, body cam footage and the whole video, I’m sure we’ll see the whole thing in a very different light.

lol, you gained respect for the police because one of them kicked a restrained man in the head twice ?

This forums ability to attract so many wronguns is amazing.

Soldato
Full respect to anyone wanting to enter the police force these days.
Everyone has a camera, you go too far and you become viral and possibly sacked. Don't do enough and you get criticised for that.

And they do this whilst putting their lives at risk and getting paid peanuts for it.
People really should have more respect for them.

Soldato
I will be surprised if the cop ends up out of a job. Usually in these situations they just move police forces.
Oh he will, with the amount of publicity and protest this is getting, he’ll be thrown under the bus. He deserves some repercussion for his actions but as I said earlier, we don't know the full story and in a heightened situation like this, with his colleagues potentially harmed, emotions and humans instincts kick in.

What gets me are the family members standing around filming like victims despite the guys likely having a long list of convictions, who knows what they’ve done in the past but forget that, the officer has stepped out of line so he’ll be punished and they’ll go on their merry way. There’s no deterrent like other countries.

Associate
I bet that if the guy who got a kicking was the same guy who broke the woman policeman's (person?) nose won't attack another policeman in the open ever again.

A friend of mine who had been a policeman said that police are NOT allowed to wear boots with toecaps because they were seen as being aggressive, so NO steel capped boots in this instance. I wonder if it hurt?

Soldato
Yes the officer did an oppsie but these guys are responsible for what happened.

Media needs to stop pushing stuff like this with them being saints and being reprimanded themselves for building a false narrative to sell stories.

Same thing as jay slater. He was in a gang that attacked another teen with a machete, stole stuff etc but painted out as our poor boy. He got lost as he was high on coke after going to a drug dealers house…

Soldato
Yes the officer did an oppsie but these guys are responsible for what happened.

Media needs to stop pushing stuff like this with them being saints and being reprimanded themselves for building a false narrative to sell stories.

Same thing as jay slater. He was in a gang that attacked another teen with a machete, stole stuff etc but painted out as our poor boy. He got lost as he was high on coke after going to a drug dealers house…

The media has a lot to answer for. That said I think more and more people are waking up to this nonsense.
Except for the middle aged mothers on social media that fall for everything they see.

Commissario
Let’s not forget the real victim here.
The officer who has been assaulted with a broken nose, plus her colleagues.
No one is saying the officer with the broken nose isn't a vitcim.

What people are saying is that the officer who stomped on someone's head when they were on the ground was almost certainly using dangerously excessive force and going against training.
Both can be true.

And as for "good on him" or "should have just shot the guy" those sort of responses are stupid, given we have a police service in the UK that is not meant to be beating up restrained suspects or killing them in revenge.

I've said it before, it's not that i'm, "soft", it's that if a police officer is willing and able to behave like that in public it raises very serious questions about their behaviour in other areas - especially at a time when the police are under scrutiny for the rapists and murderers in the forces whose previous criminal actions were ignored.

Back
Top Bottom