This is why people are losing respect for the police...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't follow this thread but I suspect this might be interesting to those that do in relation to it's title.
I find this guy a great follow in helping you understand the law better in all different scenarios, not just ones involving the police..

Would you be happy with a known paedophile to be "standing in the street minding their own business" outside your children's school?

What do you mean by paedophile? A convicted child molester? Obviously I would not be OK with that, but part of their licence conditions would be that they cannot be within a certain radius of the school, as far as I am aware she had no such condition, there was not a no loitering law, she was only arrested when she said she was thinking about prayer, it's Apples and oranges.

Create a no loitering law and you solve the problem immediately.

Last edited:
The missing sex offenders who have changed their names , outside of release(legal?) conditions are more concerning

BBC debate last night Casey, smallman , rowley, opportunity for politicalized BBC sound-bite re-iterating met needs to hang the institutional tabbard around it's neck.,
they discussed that - and whether home secretary told Rowley not to use it ,
rather than lack of resourcing which probably means we get the police we can afford. -
the report has really conflated a lot of issues - crazy - poorly managed rape accusations (resourcing) shouldn't haved been merged with racism , or internal mysognony

I don't follow this thread but I suspect this might be interesting to those that do in relation to it's title.
I find this guy a great follow in helping you understand the law better in all different scenarios, not just ones involving the police..

This guy puts out some great videos, one of his best was when he completely dismantled all the nonsense arguments forwarded by 'Freeman of the land' morons detailing how the law has changed since the inception of the Magna Carter and how all by one provisions in the MC have been overridden.

I am still struggling to understand
The BBC's debate account V - if you read casey report you see what a mix of anecdotal officer accounts it is, covering many years from which she then concludes autocratically - the problem is institutional, whatever that means.
BBC set up the debate as a confrontation,

the (lack of) met resources police have to resolve some of these issues needs to be questioned.,
hmmh seems the met has a budget of £3Bn and similar sized New York $10bn

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65110300
Speaking on BBC Radio 4's The Today Debate, Baroness Casey said: "I think it's really important for Londoners, and particularly people of colour in London, and women and children, that somehow there's a moment where actually just sort of accepting what people want you to accept is more important than me, or you, or even the report I suppose, Mark."
She urged Sir Mark to accept the description, adding: "I just think it would really help move things on."
Sir Mark said he accepted the diagnosis of racism, misogyny and homophobia in the Met - but he refused to use the term institutional.
He said the the term means different things to different people and is "quite ambiguous".

the (lack of) met resources police have to resolve some of these issues needs to be questioned.,
hmmh seems the met has a budget of £3Bn and similar sized New York $10bn

The worrying thing is that the Met have an absolutely stonking great budget compared to every other force. The rest of the police forces wish they had even 10% of the money the Met has. The underfunding is absolutely diabolical.

I was assaulted on my work vehicle a few weeks ago.

Took police almost 2 weeks from reporting to actually contact me about it.

Yeah this seems to be about right these days. Most of the time I think they just crime something and throw a crime number at someone. Really poor show.

"what would you want done about it?" - Erm since I reported it to you I'd think that was fairly obvious.

You'd be very surprised. You get some people who want something done, some people who say "I'd just thought i'd let you know", some people say "Oh i didn't think this would ever go near court - i don't want to make a statement if i have to go to court" etc etc. It's a completely valid question.

"do you think you'd recognise them in a line up" - Given it's 2 weeks ago probably not but then there are at least 3 camera angles of the incident, including footage of him using his debit card to pay for his ticket prior to the assault, which was in the report and all the footage and card data is available to you on request to my company.

Again, completely valid question. If you were to say you'd never forget what he looked like it means a line up is likely to be a good thing to do go down if you get a suspect. I myself have done a line up and picked out a guy on a laptop some 3 months after he assaulted someone in a club and ran off. And yes, CCTV cameras. The public seem to think that CCTV cameras are the be all and end all of everything. I've lost count of the number of people ranting and raving on FB about that they've had their car broken into and the "police didn't do nuffink" - then they post the footage of said CCTV and it's pitch black, with a man with a baseball cap and a Covid mask running off down the street. It's useless. And the quality of CCTV cameras is hilarious too. We seem to be able to get better videos of the surface of Mars, than we do of the local Tesco carpark.

And card data. Oh if only it was that simple to request anything electronic - it'd be freaking wonderful. The data protection forms to fill get electronic data are legendary in how complicated and lengthy they are. I literally can't stress how many hoops you have to jump through and how much justification needs to be given so that the police aren't accused of snooping on an innocent member of the public who was in the car park at the same time. You'd first need to identify who ran the car park machines, then get them to tell you who operated the card reading machines, then send in a data protection pack to the card reading machine operator. You'd probably need a court order for this - so that would involve filling in endless amounts of paperwork, having to organise a time with a judge to drive to your nearest crown court (mine is a 70 mile round trip), then wait until the card handler told you the details of the card used (if they even would?). Then you'd need to start all over again, and do the same for the bank who issued the card to finally get potentially a name and address of the person who owned the card. The amount of justification you'd need to give to do this would be absolutely mind blowing. Also, don't forget that the team that requests all of the electronic data runs at about a 6-8 week backlog for none urgent jobs - and that's if you get all the paperwork done correctly the first time which there is a 100% chance that you will not.

This is obviously on top of working night shifts, getting called out to emergency jobs none stop, being assaulted, sitting at hospital for 6 hours with someone from custody abusing you endlessly, having people turn up at the front counter, any annual leave you *dare* to take, going off and covering other districts and fitting in your training. And probably in addition to the other 30-40 crimes sitting on your workload with people equally unhappy as you demanding results - or reporting further crimes directly to you. Then when you come home you turn on the TV to find that the BBC accuses you of being racist/homophobic/transphobic/sexist/misogynistic/generally useless/bullies/being heavy handed/not heavy handed enough etc etc, and then you hear that the government hold you in such high regard, they're going to give you a payrise of only 8% less than inflation (but don't you dare mention striking!).

So when you're 30 hours of time into an argy bargey between two blokes in a carpark - you start questioning if this is even a good use of your time. Obviously to the victim, it will be, but the way successive governments and police leaders have pandered to everything and appeased every vocal individual means that simple investigations that used to be fairly quick and straightforward - now are so time consuming, they're simply not viable to do. It's a proper sad state of affairs and it's so broken that I can't even see a way of even beginning to fix it. Society as a whole has gone too far down this line that i think it's irrecoverable and we will need to get used to this level of service at best.

It's not fair to say that the police have to work with one arm tied behind their back. It's much much more accurate to say they have to work with both arms and both legs amputated whilst simultaneously being kicked and stamped on by the government, media and vocal sectors of our society. The bureaucracy and justifying of everything in the name of privacy is absolutely never ending in it's width or breadth (but people seemingly are happy to give every bit of personal information to Facebook and Google and not bat an eyelid?). Recently they've now introduced new forms that have to be filled in whenever you stop someone on the road, even if it's just to tell them they have a light bulb out. For every person you stop, it's 10 minutes of form filling about the person - on a mobile device it's 5 pages worth questions and justifications as to why you've stopped this person.

This isn't to excuse or cover up some of the **** for brains idiots that have been let into the job - but you know what? That's because they've started paying peanuts, and they've started getting monkeys - on top of having to suddenly recruit 20,000 more officers no matter what. Some of the absolute morons that are being let in because of this 20,000 target is an accident waiting to happen. Needless to say, the 20,000 officers that are being recruited aren't a patch on the 20,000 that were lost.

This is a geniune interaction with my local f̶o̶r̶c̶e̶ farce (South Yorkshire), 18 days ago.
Ha, you're hoping for a lot in 18 days

Last edited:
I'm struggling to think of a way they'd have been able to do so safely.

Anyway it's gone viral now so I'm sure he'll be getting a visit soon enough.

No helmet, driver probably not pursuit authorised and certainly not an advanced driver given the car. Easier and safer to disengage than end up being investigated for years when he falls off.

I've been waiting over 6 months to get a copy of my custody record which PACE say must be given as soon as practicable after someone is released from police custody, I have had to report it to the ICO, shocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom