This is why people are losing respect for the police...

Status
Not open for further replies.

When police never turn up to a burglary but 6 turn up to confiscate dolls :/

To be fair 5 years later.

The raid comes after the couple refused to remove the black-faced dolls after the local authority received a complaint in 2018.

Are golliwogs illegal? Genuine question.
Not illegal to own as far as I aware, massively inappropriate and offensive towards a number of groups. I believe most are removed under public interest and maintaining the peace.

When police never turn up to a burglary but 6 turn up to confiscate dolls :/
Ah my local...
Good riddance to those dolls, owners are your typical UKIP supporters.

Mr. Wakefield-Jones of Prestatyn had a robust response to photographers prior to being sentenced for displaying a golliwog hung from a noose in the window of his home.

The beak was not amused... Admitting it was racially motivated was his downfall, whereas claiming it was "art" might have clouded the waters I guess.

Not illegal to own as far as I aware, massively inappropriate and offensive towards a number of groups. I believe most are removed under public interest and maintaining the peace.

Ah my local...
Good riddance to those dolls, owners are your typical UKIP supporters.

My golliwog was given to me by my late parents LONG LONG before UKIP came into mind or existence, I don't think my late parents intended it as a mocking affront to coloured people, or to instil hatred into me at the age of four, so it remains welcome here, alongside other memorabilia some could no doubt assert some reason to find offensive.

ab67616d0000b2731177768f845e8dc3d8f6584b

My golliwog was given to me by my late parents LONG LONG before UKIP came into mind or existence, I don't think my late parents intended it as a mocking affront to coloured people, or to instil hatred into me at the age of four, so it remains welcome here, alongside other memorabilia some could no doubt assert some reason to find offensive.

How quaintly sentimental of you and your dolly.

Last edited:
How do they know there's nothing to investigate if they don't turn up?
Something has to have made them give up on burglaries as I highly doubt they decided to collectively ignore it at the same time. If I had to guess it's probably a huge drain on resources for minimal results when realistically they already know who the criminals are, maybe the sentencing guidelines are too soft?

We had 2 school age Teenagers come into our centre while we had a class on. They had a look around to see who was in the building. ( 60 people including around 20 with learning disabilities) They then took leaflets off the side and pulled out one of those long bbq lighters and set them onfire on the carpet and put a fabric armchair over it to try and get the fire bigger.

We reported it to the police. After 6 weeks of hearing nothing we phoned up for an update and they had done nothing. They hadn't even been to the local school even though we provided HD CCTV closeups of their face. Now the fire didn't end up doing too much damage due to the chairs being fire proof. But thats not the point, these teens didn't know they were fireproof and their intentions were very clear.

Well we are finally getting somewhere :

"I have been to ***** SCHOOL. This was to follow up on your report. As a result of your suggestion, I have obtained two names of possible suspects. As a result, I will continue to pursue this matter. I will be working with the school to get all details and look to progress this incident."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom