This is why people are losing respect for the police...

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one said they all were... again, try to read and understand what you're replying to. Why wilfully ignore context?

What context? So they didn't arrest them all that makes it all ok?

You can't be that naive surely?

In all the footage I saw there was a police officer every 2m on the route plus soldiers on large parts of the route. So how are they going to block the route? Tell me how it would happen?

diversion - Sun Tzu ... look at the skate-border that was taken down at the funeral was it ?

wow a skateboarder and he was taken down. Now you will likely need 20+ people chained together to block the road and they'll need to be chained to say a lamp post at both ends. How do they do it when there is CCTV watching every inch of the route plus police lining the whole route?

What context? So they didn't arrest them all that makes it all ok?

No, that it's a big global event, watched by millions with heads of state present and a big security operation. People were allowed to protest, protesting isn't illegal, this issue they've got to be cautious about is people who want to do more than just protest - people who want to disrupt it. Part of that is the police presence but also part of it is stopping people form going equipped, keeping an eye on don't stop oil types etc. it's not just a case of lining the route with some police officers and tada, you magically don't need any intelligent operations, no need to be proactive, the mere presence of some police officers solves everything.

In all the footage I saw there was a police officer every 2m on the route plus soldiers on large parts of the route. So how are they going to block the route? Tell me how it would happen?

Tell me how protestors may block a road or else I don't believe it's possible... come on you're not that credulous, no one has ever disrupted any event simply because police officers are present?

No, that it's a big global event, watched by millions with heads of state present and a big security operation. People were allowed to protest, protesting isn't illegal, this issue they've got to be cautious about is people who want to do more than just protest - people who want to disrupt it. Part of that is the police presence but also part of it is stopping people form going equipped, keeping an eye on don't stop oil types etc. it's not just a case of lining the route with some police officers and tada, you magically don't need any intelligent operations, no need to be proactive, the mere presence of some police officers solves everything.

Republic were negotiating with the police for months. They weren't a threat to the event, they aren't Just Stop Oil. They had luggage straps that you can't lock on with. Still the police, likely on orders from the Home Office arrested them and stopped them protesting. You can dance around this for days dowie, there is no justification for what they did to Republic.

Tell me how protestors may block a road or else I don't believe it's possible... come on you're not that credulous, no one has ever disrupted any event simply because police officers are present?

Have they disrupted an event this big with this many police lining the route? You honestly think they'd get into the road all joined together? They'd be spotted in the crowd moving as a group long before they get near the road. You are being naïve in the extreme to think this event and the crowd didn't have more eyes on it than any other event ever in this country. I would imagine there were far more eyes on this than the US presidential inauguration considering we have CCTV on every street.

Last edited:
Republic were negotiating with the police for months. They weren't a threat to the event

And plenty of them did protest at the event, you're still missing the point.

You honestly think they'd get into the road all joined together? They'd be spotted in the crowd moving as a group long before they get near the road. You are being naïve in the extreme to think this event and the crowd didn't have more eyes on it than any other event ever in this country.

So you've made up your own hypothetical (massive group all moving together and being spotted) in order to criticize it then you're calling me naive.

And plenty of them did protest at the event, you're still missing the point.

No the point is they arrested a group they had no reason or right to arrest. The other protesters are irrelevant.

So you've made up your own hypothetical (massive group all moving together and being spotted) in order to criticize it then you're calling me naive.

Well considering how I asked you how they would block a road at the event by locking on and you couldn't/wouldn't I thought I'd help you out. Of course if you can explain how they could do it at such a heavily policed event then please inform me. It should be easy right?

No the point is they arrested a group they had no reason or right to arrest. The other protesters are irrelevant.

Nope, it's quite relevant to this obviously false claim:

Of course it happened for a reason. The establishment didn't want these people spoiling their special day with their speech. Sorry but that isn't how it works. Having people say things you don't like when you don't like is what free speech is.

No one was arrested for saying things that the establishment doesn't like and indeed plenty of protestors, including from the group you've mentioned did indeed attend and protest.
The police do have the right to arrest people suspected of going equipped, that's literally covered for them in legislation.

Well considering how I asked you how they would block a road at the event by locking on and you couldn't/wouldn't I thought I'd help you out. Of course if you can explain how they could do it at such a heavily policed event then please inform me. It should be easy right?

Nothing ever happens at heavily policed events? Again you're just being credulous, why try to pretend that being proactive and responding to intelligence etc.. isn't part of the overall efforts to make such an event go smoothly.

This notion that you can ignore everything else just because the police are present on the day is totally flawed.

Nothing ever happens at heavily policed events? Again you're just being credulous, why try to pretend that being proactive and responding to intelligence etc.. isn't part of the overall efforts to make such an event go smoothly.

This notion that you can ignore everything else just because the police are present on the day is totally flawed.

Are you going to tell me how they block the road with locking on or are we going to circle this dowie hole for the next week? You imply its the easiest thing in the world to do, so how do they do it with the roads lined with police facing the crowd?

Are you going to tell me how they block the road with locking on or are we going to circle this dowie hole for the next week? You imply its the easiest thing in the world to do, so how do they do it with the roads lined with police facing the crowd?
You shouldn't have to argue with Dowie if it's possible or not. The main point was arresting people before they have committed any crime and arresting people without evidence that a crime was going to be committed or conspiracy to commit a crime. I don't understand how Dowie just doesn't get it.

Some light reading for everyone: Plot of Minority Report

Last edited:
You shouldn't have to argue with Dowie if it's possible or not. The main point was arresting people before they have committed any crime and arresting people without evidence that a crime was going to be committed or conspiracy to commit a crime. I don't understand how Dowie just doesn't get it.

Some light reading for everyone: Plot of Minority Report

This is getting really boring - we know why they were arrested, we know the police were under a lot of pressure, we know the majority of the public don't care so put the tin foil away. :rolleyes:

This is getting really boring - we know why they were arrested, we know the police were under a lot of pressure, we know the majority of the public don't care so put the tin foil away. :rolleyes:
Tin foil hat? Did they or did they not get arrested without actually committing any crimes or proof that a crime was going to be committed?

Tin foil hat? Did they or did they not get arrested without actually committing any crimes or proof that a crime was going to be committed?

The Police have already explained why they were arrested - trying to suggest it's some sort of Putin style repression is ridiculous when we see the Police getting drinks for protesters locked on to tube trains. Just get over it - or better still get yourself a placard and luggage strap and go protest yourself if you feel so strongly. :D

The Police have already explained why they were arrested - trying to suggest it's some sort of Putin style repression is ridiculous when we see the Police getting drinks for protesters locked on to tube trains. Just get over it - or better still get yourself a placard and luggage strap and go protest yourself if you feel so strongly. :D
NVM:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Look at you cheering the state arresting and holding citizens without reason. You might do better in an illiberal state where this is the norm.

Thousands of people get arrested every year and subsequently get released with NFA so why are these 6 people so important to you?

As I said you clearly feel strongly so go protest somewhere - what are your plans to stick it to the man? :cool:

Thousands of people get arrested every year and subsequently get released with NFA so why are these 6 people so important to you?

As I said you clearly feel strongly so go protest somewhere - what are your plans to stick it to the man? :cool:

Thousands get arrested without cause? If that is the case we have a very big problem because no one should be arrested without cause in a liberal democracy. Maybe we need to bring in a US system where if you are arrested without cause you can sue the state and take them to the cleaners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom