This is why people are losing respect for the police...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep thinking why not just pull over for the police?

I can't help but think between the acceptance of gangster rap in mainstream culture, American racial history, and senior figures in the police calling the police institutionally racist, is contributing to a general disrespect of the law and society.

I'm sure some of the kids living on poor housing estates think they are living in a version of South Central, LA, whether they are black, white, or any other race.

Probably because they are carying knives and have pockets full of heroin or crack. That's what they do.

This is an interesting listen though, you can listen to it without signing in...

I'd urge anyone reading this thread to listen to it before commenting further.

You do post some nonsense but this is right up there with the worst of them. You want to take away the police and you think everyone would just live peacefully? Criminals would be in heaven, with no consequences for their actions we would have a crime wave and organised crime would rule.

It was obviously hyperbolic, but it would genuinely stop some damaging behaviours of the UK police. I'm more likely to be arrested for drug possession than murdered for example so on the balance of probabilities the police are more of a concern for me than some axe murderer.

Some barristers are effectively calling the met a police state now.

Last edited:

I can't help but think between the acceptance of gangster rap in mainstream culture, American racial history, and senior figures in the police calling the police institutionally racist, is contributing to a general disrespect of the law and society.

I'm sure some of the kids living on poor housing estates think they are living in a version of South Central, LA, whether they are black, white, or any other race.

I was running from the police before ganster rap. Its usually just about crime or just fun.

Its not all about black culture you know. Infact Ive seen criminals running away from the police in the Sweeney.

Last edited:
It was obviously hyperbolic, but it would genuinely stop some damaging behaviours of the UK police. I'm more likely to be arrested for drug possession than murdered for example so on the balance of probabilities the police are more of a concern for me than some axe murderer.

I'm not sure I'd take legal council from anyone calling themselves 'black belt barristers'
But I hear Donald Trump is hiring! Hahaha

Last edited:
the papers keep reporting Electric Motorbikes as E-bikes so people get the impression they are just electric assisted pedal bikes which are legal on the streets(as long as they are restricted to 15.5mph), probably because most media have a "we have cyclists mentality"
Electric motor bikes are for private land only and should just be outright banned.
The other week I went past The city courts here and there were a bunch of youths on illegal electric motorbikes just casually hanging out opposite it like they didn't have a care in the world.

why are the police turning a blind eye? and why are the parents allowing their children to have whats essentially an illegal bike?
It's no different to driving around on an off road dirt bike with no license, no registration , no mot, no helmet ....

PROSECUTE THE PARENTS

I think this is good start. It won't stop everything but it will stop some.

I do wonder about bringing back some kind of national service for these yobs, a youth Wagner but probably needs a better description:)

I'm not sure I'd take legal council from anyone calling themselves 'black belt bareister'.
But I hear Donald Trump is hiring! Hahaha

You're a fool if you think youtube channel names reflect the quality of legal counsel, (which the video isn't). There are lawyers earning huge amounts of money they have casual channel names, legaleagle, CLR reacts etc.

What do you propose they call themselves that is youtube friendly?

Last edited:

I ran from the police more than once when I was young. I wasn't really acting criminally, more just mischief with mates and we ran because it was fun and its the adrenaline of running, never got caught either, though the copper in question would catch up with us at a latter date and try to find something to get us for. Never arrested once though.

Not sure why you are trying to find a "gangster rap" angle to this. You are always going to have a criminal element like this and that is likely to come from poor neighbourhoods. Just like white collar criminals are likely to come from middle class/upper middle class neighbourhoods.

It didn't read any more hyperbolic than other posts from you.

There was a video just 2 or 3 days ago of a man who lost control of 3 dogs and they were attacking a woman, its mentioned in the Dogs thread. As he points out we haven't seen the body cam footage, maybe it shows that the dogs were being aggressive and the owner didn't have control. I'm a dog lover and I don't like seeing any animals hurt but I believe there had been a report of dogs acting aggressively, that is why the police were there. I very much doubt the officers took any joy in having to kill those dogs.

Last edited:
Hang on a second..

The 'owner' of the dogs in question was already banned from having dogs from previous issues.

The dogs in question had already attacked a member of the public and/or thier dog.

Hence the police were called.

The police arrived and presumably came to the same assumption I did on looking at the video.

That is the dogs in question were a danger to the public.

The dogs in question would have been confiscated and 'put to sleep' anyway as far as I can see, but whilst the police were there, they were obviously out of control and dangerous.

Therefore they were destroyed at the scene in a reasonable manner as far as I can tell, too. Protect the public from more attacks from these particular dogs.

I'm not sure why anyone would take issue with that..

I'm a dog owner myself and love my dog!
But my dog is always under my control and isn't one of these nasty pit bulls or whatever that always seem to cause problems, and usualy owned by people who also cause problems.

Last edited:
It didn't read any more hyperbolic than other posts from you.

There was a video just 2 or 3 days ago of a man who lost control of 3 dogs and they were attacking a woman, its mentioned in the Dogs thread. As he points out we haven't seen the body cam footage, maybe it shows that the dogs were being aggressive and the owner didn't have control. I'm a dog lover and I don't like seeing any animals hurt but I believe there had been a report of dogs acting aggressively, that is why the police were there. I very much doubt the officers took any joy in having to kill those dogs.

That's a problem with your perception then.

As for the dogs they were on a lead for gods sake, and he clearly explains the flow chart that shows that you can't just kill a dog because it's acting aggressively, the legislation must be followed.

On that note why has the bodycam footage not been released if the police have done nothing wrong?

These dogs were not attacking anyone so you are comparing apples and oranges.

Last edited:
Therefore they were destroyed at the scene in a reasonable manner as far as I can tell, to. Protect the public from more attacks from these particular dogs.

I'm not sure why anyone would take issue with that..

Discharging a firearm which could have injured a member of the public, the other is that the police were not following the law as layed out in the DDA.

That's a problem with your perception then.

As for the dogs they were on a lead for gods sake, and he clearly explains the flow chart that shows that you can't just kill a dog because it's acting aggressively, the legislation must be followed.

On that note why has the bodycam footage not been released if the police have done nothing wrong?

Because this isn't America and we don't do it here, though we should.

I was running from the police before ganster rap. Its usually just about crime or just fun.

Its not all about black culture you know. Infact Ive seen criminals running away from the police in the Sweeney.
I didn't mention black culture. I would think more white people buy gangster rap music. I was one of them back in the day.

What do you think about drill music?

I'm sure you can't deny that there is a general lack of respect for authority and society in general these days?

Because this isn't America and we don't do it here, though we should.

Access to footage

The force are the data controllers of footage and as such ‘own’ it.

As with any police service, footage recorded and held on Met systems means we are the Data Controller of that footage and as such we are responsible for how we process and share it.

Digital/recorded material such as Body Worn Video, photographs, CCTV or interview tapes count as ‘police information'. You are entitled to request access to only your personal data contained within the police information where you can be identified, under Data Protection law (DPA 2018), by making a Right to Access Request (also known as a Subject Access Request). However, we reserve the right to apply the relevant exemptions set out by the DPA 2018 to the release of the personal data if the circumstances are required.

If you would like to request digital police information held for a third party, you will need to request this from the commander of the borough (at the local police station) where the incident occurred. Please note, the release of the material is at the discretion of the commander.

Contact us to submit an application for third party information.

Community Scrutiny

Scrutiny from communities is essential to the success of policing in London. As part of the Met’s commitment to increase accountability to the public and to improve the quality of its encounters, the information associated with your stop and search or police encounter (including, where applicable, body worn video footage) may be subject to review by independent public reference groups. You can find out more about this or offer feedback.

So it's possible they just refuse to do it which implies an adverse inference.

Last edited:
Discharging a firearm which could have injured a member of the public, the other is that the police were not following the law as layed out in the DDA.

The police, certainly in this instance, acted appropriately.

The dogs in question were clearly 'dangerously out of control'.

I've watched the video several times.

I really don't think there's anymore to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom