This is why people are losing respect for the police...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The police, certainly in this instance, acted appropriately.

The dogs in question were clearly 'dangerously out of control'.

I've watched the video several times.

I really don't think there's anymore to it.

Well if you read the DDA you'll find there is more to it I'm afraid, this was not lawful.

I already have, the video above explains.

I would not have an issue if legislation provided the police powers to do what they did, but since it doesn't, that makes it a summary judgement by the police which no one should want.

Okay, I'll throw you a bone, if you'll excuse the pun.

There was a clear and immediate danger to public safety due to these particular dogs and the owners lack of control over said dogs.

Therefore the police had a duty to stop the dogs and possibly thier owner, from wreaking further havoc.

The end result would be the dogs in question being put down anyway.

Why would the police let it go?
They shouldn't and they didn't.

It wasn't pretty and no one likes to see death, but these particular dogs would more than likely have gone on to bite or maim more people or other dogs if allowed to continue.

I went to the Pharmacy this morning to collect my Meds and a Meth Head came in totally out of it.
There was quite a few people in the shop including my wife and suddenly he drops a 12" knife.
I immediately tell everybody to get out of the Pharmacy through a back door while I'm asking him not to pick it up.
He starts apologising saying he got it off a kid, picks it up anyway and walks out of the front door.
I followed him and he threw it in a dustbin just down from the Pharmacy.
He came back in the Pharmacy because the most important thing was his Methadone and the staff had already rang the Police.
While he was begging for his Methadone I ran out and got the knife by the tip of the blade and put it in my pocket obviously sticking up underneath my t-shirt.
He then goes out and I hand the knife over to the staff and waited round for 10 minutes for the Cops.
No one came, I gave the Pharmacy my details and nobody has been in touch.

Okay, I'll throw you a bone, if you'll excuse the pun.

There was a clear and immediate danger to public safety due to these particular dogs and the owners lack of control over said dogs.

Therefore the police had a duty to stop the dogs and possibly thier owner, from wreaking further havoc.

The end result would be the dogs in question being put down anyway.

Why would the police let it go?
They shouldn't and they didn't.

It wasn't pretty and no one likes to see death, but these particular dogs would more than likely have gone on to bite or maim more people or other dogs if allowed to continue.

The police have the powers to seize the dogs, and I'm sure that a court would order their destruction, but it's hard to argue that dogs on a lead pose an immediate threat unless you decide to stand right next to them. Legal processes can't just be ignored at the police's discretion, furthermore the police themselves created a danger to the public by discharging a firearm.

Last edited:
The police have the powers to seize the dogs, and I'm sure that a court would order their destruction, but it's hard to argue that dogs on a lead pose an immediate threat unless you decide to stand right next to them. Legal processes can't just be ignored at the police's discretion, furthermore the police themselves created a danger to the public by discharging a firearm.

You must have seen a different video to this one then.
If the dogs (or a person for that matter ) are immediately posing a threat to public safety then the police can use reasonable or even lethal force to stop the threat.

Last edited:
I went to the Pharmacy this morning to collect my Meds and a Meth Head came in totally out of it.
There was quite a few people in the shop including my wife and suddenly he drops a 12" knife.
I immediately tell everybody to get out of the Pharmacy through a back door while I'm asking him not to pick it up.
He starts apologising saying he got it off a kid, picks it up anyway and walks out of the front door.
He came back in the Pharmacy because the most important thing was his Methadone and the staff had already rang the Police.
While he was begging for his Methadone I ran out and got the knife by the tip of the blade and put it in my pocket obviously sticking up underneath my t-shirt.
He then goes out and I hand the knife over to the staff and waited round for 10 minutes for the Cops.
Jesus thats a poor show

thats nuts but i called the police for a car theft in progress, i stopped them while wife phoned police. On the phone 20 minutes giving them our details then for them to ask is it still in progress
its been 2 odd months they still haven't told the owner that his cat converter was tampered with luckily we found him & i told him
Thefts left tools behind around 800 pounds worth police said they come out never did victim kept the tools & his company paid for repairs via insurance

this is the 4th incident ive called for nothing been done on any of them, on the police report site we had 400 reports of issues in last 2 months with 1 suspect found...
what's the point might as well deal with them old fashioned way

thats nuts but i called the police for a car theft in progress, i stopped them while wife phoned police. On the phone 20 minutes giving them our details then for them to ask is it still in progress
its been 2 odd months they still haven't told the owner that his cat converter was tampered with luckily we found him & i told him
Thefts left tools behind around 800 pounds worth police said they come out never did victim kept the tools & his company paid for repairs via insurance

this is the 4th incident ive called for nothing been done on any of them, on the police report site we had 400 reports of issues in last 2 months with 1 suspect found...
what's the point might as well deal with them old fashioned way
The irony being that dealing it with yourself is far easier to convict than what they're doing which the police would love to pump up their stats with.

Last edited:
To my knowledge a request has been lodged as there is an investigation into the incident. There would not be an investigation if it was obviously lawful.

A firearm was discharged, of course there will be an investigation.

How you think that was an added danger to the public baffles me. They aren’t using armour piercing rounds or anything silly. He killed the dogs at very close range pointing his weapon at the the ground.

Pharmacies used to have panic alarms that resulted in an immediate police response. I bet they have stopped that now.

That's just as silly as saying you get all your PC advice from Linus tech tips.

What? He has a name he used for a martial arts channel and simply kept the blackbelt name for his legal channel. He is a practising barrister in England. I've watched his channel for a while and it can be very informative on UK law. If you've got an issue with his explanation of UK law then what it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom