This is why people are losing respect for the police...

Soldato
I've been watching the first episode of this video showing the work of the police conduct group that investigate incidents and complaints (the video has 3 episodes).

I can't get over how a jury found the officer not guilty of having sex with that woman, when he admitted to having sex with her, having injected himself into a situation were he was taking her home. He tried to say he had ptsd from previous cases and the woman in the passenger seat forcibly climbed on him while he was in the drivers seat.... After he'd parked in a dark off road.

I'd say that is likely a lie. Anyone who as done that position knows it's awkward even when 2 people want to do it. Also why would she complain about it if that's what she wanted!? It doesn't make sense. It's more likely he succumbed to whatever urges he had, maybe from his ptsd earlier. He ended up being found not guilty in a criminal court and retired before the police before the misconduct case could hold him to account.

On the cases with the 2 vulnerable people. The attitude and lack of empathy shown was outrageous. The excuses used is they had become desensitised and said comments they shouldn't have. If they lack empathy for people resign from the police. In the end their punishment was to get a talking to from the line manager.

I think they need to remove the degree requirement from joining the police, and encourage ex military to join. Because I don't think the police in these cases have had enough life experience to deal with socially hostile situations.

Honestly from my experience of dealing with the police, brilliant at writing up reports, well spoken, but absolutely zero common sense.

Don't understand the need for degrees etc for becoming an officer, I want someone who drives past two teens with masks on at 3 am next to a burgled house and think ' hang on, could be these! Let's check '

But no....

Last edited:
Soldato
This isn't about the police. But the justice system.

To abduct a child and only get 200 hours community service is taking the pee.

These types of sentences will encourage others of his way inclined.

Caporegime
The justice system can't magic prison beds out of thin air ergo they're forced to consider that keeping them in station jails would lead to even worse problems.

Soldato
The justice system can't magic prison beds out of thin air ergo they're forced to consider that keeping them in station jails would lead to even worse problems.
I think it's a further collapse of society, which I think is being done on purpose.

I think in this case the conspiracy theory wins because the alternative is even more bizarre, that all of our leaders are so dumb none of them can plan ahead.

Commissario
I think it's a further collapse of society, which I think is being done on purpose.

I think in this case the conspiracy theory wins because the alternative is even more bizarre, that all of our leaders are so dumb none of them can plan ahead.
Our leaders haven't been able to understand that town gets bigger means town needs more energy/doctors/water for at least 50 years.
Let alone larger population, and putting people away for longer means more jail cells needed - we've been running out of them for something like 10 years now as from memory they've closed prisons down after they've had to fall back on using police cells and warning the likes of magistrates to not put people in jail if they can possibly avoid it. IIRC there were times as far back as 10 years ago when it was reported there were less than something like 200 (or was it 100?) empty prison spaces across the entire country at times.

They removed the local police station and magistrates courts about 25 years ago in my town, then imposed a milage limit for "routine" work on the officers working out of the nearest station, with the result that a town that was getting bigger had no local police and were surprised when crime went up as the criminals from the other town realised that if they travelled 15 minutes they'd effectively be outside of the patrol range for the police and would have 10-20 minutes to get away with the best response time.

At this point I work on the assumption that every politician is basically Baldrick, but less likable and has never actually done anything useful in their life (Baldrick at least tried, and in extremis was a useful weight/doorstop).

Last edited:
Soldato

I felt myself getting dumber as I read each comment on that knobbers post.... He is basically advocating for lynch mobs and vigilante gangs to go around and mete out "proper justice" in their local communities. That's all we need - knuckle draggers (as that's the type of person that vigilante groups attract) going around being judge, jury and executioners.

Don't respect the police? Thats fine but don't lets make the mistake of thinking that the above alternative is a good idea.

EDIT: I should add - if you see something happening at the time (assault, robbery etc) then, sure, get involved to stop it if you want. My comment above is referring to groups getting together to actively go after people after the fact based on rumours of something they may have done

Last edited:
Caporegime
I felt myself getting dumber as I read each comment on that knobbers post.... He is basically advocating for lynch mobs and vigilante gangs to go around and mete out "proper justice" in their local communities. That's all we need - knuckle draggers (as that's the type of person that vigilante groups attract) going around being judge, jury and executioners.

Don't respect the police? Thats fine but don't lets make the mistake of thinking that the above alternative is a good idea.

If the criminal justice system isn't going to protect people, what's the alternative?

Soldato

EDIT: I should add - if you see something happening at the time (assault, robbery etc) then, sure, get involved to stop it if you want. My comment above is referring to groups getting together to actively go after people after the fact based on rumours of something they may have done
Did you watch the footage or just jump into the comments?

Soldato
If the criminal justice system isn't going to protect people, what's the alternative?

Not group vigilantism as innocent people get hurt as has been documented in news reports in the past.

Did you watch the footage or just jump into the comments?

Yes I watched the footage and I stand by what I said - what are your thoughts on what TR and the people posting in his comments are proposing, specifically communities forming groups to mete out community justice?

Last edited:
Soldato
I haven’t read the comments, but if it takes people (who are rightly fed up of all the crime) to do the work that arguably the police should be doing, then bring it on.
You mention innocent people getting hurt, but what about the carnage these scumbags cause?

So the means justifies the ends then regardless of what "justice" these groups decide to mete out?

Soldato
I, nor you know what “justice” they may or may not have carried out.
The fact the scum have gone into hiding because of it means it’s served its purpose.

This kind of scum?

Sure, the emotional response is to think vigilantism is ok and is rationalised in people's minds with "the police are useless so someone needs to do something" thoughts. I wonder if you would agree with it if it was yourself or a family member/friend who was wrongly accused...

Caporegime
Check this officers tackle

10/10
Sure, the emotional response is to think vigilantism is ok
The one I liked best was

Bet him and his friends never robbed anyone in that area with machetes ever again, some times immigration just works.

Last edited:
Commissario
Maybe, but the work he’s done on his series “the rape of Britain” is commendable imo.
Watch that if you want to see how utterly hopeless the police were, and arguably still are.
LOL

Is that the one where he got done because he very nearly derailed several major rape trials by trying to publish information that would have meant there was no chance of the trial being legally considered fair, and would have meant the victims would never have got justice, or at best would have had to give evidence all over again in a new trial?

Good old fruadster, thug, and immigration offender Tommy "many names" Robinson, always on the lookout for a new grift and excuse to beat up people who are different to him, be it because they're wearing the wrong shirt, or because they'e a different skin colour or religion.

He only got on the bandwagon after loads of other people had done the actual work, and his only contribution was to almost stop the trials.

fez

fez

Caporegime
This will increasingly happen if the police cannot protect people. People are getting sick of everything and rightly so. Roads are a mess, schools are going downhill, crime is getting worse and the police do little to prevent the bread and butter crime that plagues communities. Its the thin end of the wedge. When things keep getting worse, areas degenerate. No one cares so why should I. All this coupled with taxes at ridiculous levels and general life being ridiculously expensive. Something has to give when people have had enough.

People shouldn't resort to vigilanteism but what should people do when their community is being terrorised and the police do nothing? They have 2 choices. Do nothing or do something. One has far worse outcome for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom