Poll: This Johnny Depp Stuff

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Are the jury back tomorrow? I remember the judge saying back at 9:30 or earlier if you prefer, to reside in the deliberation room, and that the teams needed at least one person no more that 10 mins away.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Actor has traditionally always been "actor" for both men and women though. It's just become part of the gender bs going on in modern times no thanks to the weak spirited people of today.

Actor = A person who acts.

Man of Honour
Who knows. It's weird the English speaking world is trying hard to remove gender, so they are all actors, or air stewards, or waiters.

The Spanish speaking world is trying to add gender, so rather than doctor being solely Medico, you can use Medica.

I think that's due to differences in the languages. Spanish is a far more gendered language than English. Modern English only has remnants of gender in it. They serve no purpose so we may as well bin them as it's only a trivial change. Most of the feminine suffixes have already been dropped in modern English or were never used in modern English. Using the same word as an example - have you ever heard or read anyone using the word 'Doctress'?

Soldato
Gluing "ess" on the end of a professional job was a crude way to flag it was being done by a female even when the name of the job had no implication of being male in the first place.

The thinking of the time was that damn near all the jobs were done by men so they felt it necessary to indicate the rare time they weren't.

There are also jobs to this day with the reverse problem such as the "male nurse", "male midwife" and variants on the theme of male teachers of primary school and younger. The rare historical and modern sexism against men in such roles contribute to the low % of men in such jobs.

Last edited:
Soldato
Side note: does anyone understand why it's a 'male nurse' but a 'woman engineer'? I've always thought that the 'woman' before a job title should actually be 'female', but it seems that's not how it's done for some reason.

Soldato
Off topic of course but the brit awards dropped best female singer etc.in favour of best singer leading to accusations that in the bigger pool, women may lose out.

On topic, a quick resolution is needed here. A King Solomon judgement threatening to divide the baby between two claimed mothers. 50 and a 100 million dollar defamation cases are just too bizarre.

Soldato
So more on Depp playing those UK gigs, seems Heard's people are doing whatever they can to call to arms the online Heard crowd...

Actor has traditionally always been "actor" for both men and women though. It's just become part of the gender bs going on in modern times no thanks to the weak spirited people of today.

Actor = A person who acts.
Actress

I have to admit that I was on the fence at the beginning and that they both more or less played an equal and toxic role.

And although I think neither of them will win, I do hope against hope, that Johnny will as the factual evidence is just not there for what he has been accused of.

The evidence (particularly those video recordings where she is goading him and gas lighting him and taunting him) against her is piled high.

I do still think that Johnny was no angel and I guess we can never be 100% sure of what went on behind closed doors but my gut it telling me that he doesn't deserve this.

The best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour and Amber is the only one with a confirmed history of violent domestic abuse.

The accusations simply do not match the evidence.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Oxford english dictionary definition is "a person who acts" for actor, so male or female. This is the original wording for them and indeed in theatre "actor" has always been used from my short experience being in theatre.
The best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour
When I was really young ( maybe 7 or 8?) we live din Stoke and I once saw a cat on the wall and tried to poke it with a long stick. As an adult though cats are among my favourite animals (of which there are countless many) and often they run to me for pets and head bunting etc :D

What would the predictor say about me back in those days about my future self? :D

Soldato
Oxford english dictionary definition is "a person who acts" for actor, so male or female. This is the original wording for them and indeed in theatre "actor" has always been used from my short experience being in theatre.

When I was really young ( maybe 7 or 8?) we live din Stoke and I once saw a cat on the wall and tried to poke it with a long stick. As an adult though cats are among my favourite animals (of which there are countless many) and often they run to me for pets and head bunting etc :D

What would the predictor say about me back in those days about my future self? :D

Hello Vladimir!

Soldato
I have to admit that I was on the fence at the beginning and that they both more or less played an equal and toxic role.

And although I think neither of them will win, I do hope against hope, that Johnny will as the factual evidence is just not there for what he has been accused of.

The evidence (particularly those video recordings where she is goading him and gas lighting him and taunting him) against her is piled high.

I do still think that Johnny was no angel and I guess we can never be 100% sure of what went on behind closed doors but my gut it telling me that he doesn't deserve this.

This ^^ neither come out of this whole thing looking good but she more than deserves to carry a lot of the blame. Grateful I've never been in a relationship like that in my life. Life is too short for sticking by such people.

Back
Top Bottom