Poll: This Johnny Depp Stuff

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Permabanned
hasbulla-hasbullah.gif

Associate
Jury have come back with a question regarding the defamatory statement and if it relates to the whole Op-ed or just the headline of it (if I understand correctly) Judge went back to say it's just the title of the op-ed

Soldato
Jury have come back with a question regarding the defamatory statement and if it relates to the whole Op-ed or just the headline of it (if I understand correctly) Judge went back to say it's just the title of the op-ed
Lots of people are going to be disappointed by the outcome.

Soldato
Surely they can't just ignore the contents of the op-ed?

Soldato
Surely they can't just ignore the contents of the op-ed?

The defamation claim by Depp is about the title specifically in this case, she has already admitted to writing the op-ed and that it was about Depp. Obviously the entire article is in question here but as she has admitted liability for that, the title is at question because she claims she didnt write it, but as she tweeted a link to the article which had the defamatory statement along with adding extra text to it, she effectively published it and therefor is liable for the statements within it.

The question asked by the jury was wether they are just deciding liability based on that title alone or the whole article, the judge said just the title, which would mean as she published it via a tweet, she would be liable. Probably attempting to work out damages involved etc.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
No those tapes are on the scat sections I've been told by @Em3bbs

This judge has been pretty awesome have to say. Seen many court cases where judges are either end of extreme but Judge Penny seems a class act. Supposedly a former marine so that explains a lot I guess.

Back
Top Bottom