Poll: This Johnny Depp Stuff

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato

Amber-heard-met-costume-institute-gala-2016-in-new-york-25-560x783-1.jpg

Beg to differ. She could punish me all she wants :)

Soldato
Jury have come back with a question regarding the defamatory statement and if it relates to the whole Op-ed or just the headline of it (if I understand correctly) Judge went back to say it's just the title of the op-ed
Just for reference the title of the OP-ed is

"Amber Heard: I spoke up against sexual violence -and faced our culture's wrath. That has to change"

I guess a few questions the jury would be asking are.

Does this title count as her accusing Depp of sexual violence?
Did she prove her accusation in court? or the another way to ask the question would be did Depp prove that she was lied about the accusation.

Though I find it strange that is is centred around the title only.

Soldato
Sorry for the double post, there are three statements the Jury are looking at. One of them is the title the other two are as follows.

"Then two years ago, I became a public figure representing domestic abuse, and I felt the full force of our culture’s wrath for women who speak out."
"I had the vantage point of seeing, in real time, how institutions protect men accused of abuse."

Source: https://deadline.com/2022/05/johnny-depp-amber-heard-trial-jury-question-1235035935/

I can see how this could go either way.

Soldato
What institutions? in real time? a vantage point? " I became a public figure representing domestic abuse " did she? " culture’s wrath " . seems to me she was hoping to ride on the Mee Too movement

Soldato
The original article itself is what has cost him earnings. The title of the online version alone, isn't what has cost him. so a little strange they chose to sue for that. the statements in the op-ed itself should be easier wins. Be interesting to see how it goes.

Soldato
Did they figure out if re-tweeting made it a republication ?
It wasn't a re-tweet as she stated, it was clarified in the trial that it was infact a normal tweet and she had added additional text to it along with the link to the article. Under US/Virginia law it constitutes as republication which would make her liable for the article contents and the title, it is the title along with several other statements in the article that Depp is claiming defamation for.

Back
Top Bottom