Poll: This Johnny Depp Stuff

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
That's fine but when the thread turned into discussion about smashing her up the jacksy, it all became a bit low brow.

You are nearly 12k posts in to OCUK forum and so you can't be surprised. This place can be toxic, I've never come across a forum quite like it. What does it say about tech nerds? Lots of angry disgruntled men/boys. Heard is clearly a loon, liar and abuser but it has bought out the worst (that they think they can get away with before mods intervene) in a section of posters on here.

The safest thing to do is to only read disparaging comments about Ms Heard from other women. That cancels it out right.
I read another forum which is largely dominated by women and I can tell you that the comments on here are really tame in comparison!!

The vast majority of them can't stand her and are absolutely furious that this "feminist" narrative of Amber being innocent, feels really insulting and that just because we're women and we believe that Amber is lying, it doesn't make us idiots or a misogynists.

I personally really dislike being told I'm wrong because I have a different opinion and different experiences and I've been in 2 hugely damaging abusive relationships myself.

Soldato
I read another forum which is largely dominated by women and I can tell you that the comments on here are really tame in comparison!!

The vast majority of them can't stand her and are absolutely furious that this "feminist" narrative of Amber being innocent, feels really insulting and that just because we're women and we believe that Amber is lying, it doesn't make us idiots or a misogynists.

I personally really dislike being told I'm wrong because I have a different opinion and different experiences and I've been in 2 hugely damaging abusive relationships myself.
I'm curious what forum is it? I want to see what they are saying.

Is it mumsnet :cry:
No and I've never been on mumsnet!! ;)

Not sure if I'm allowed to say? But it's not uncommon for them to say that Amber has a punchable face and that they want to slap her??!! :eek:

So trust me when I say it is mild on here in comparison!! Like Johnny's texts to his friend about wanting to burn her corpse and then shag it, they don't mean it literally.

Just women bitching and gossiping and pretty man hating at times I would say!!

It's why I prefer here and am a member of here because I prefer you men and you are more straight talking and easier to understand. :)

Soldato
You are nearly 12k posts in to OCUK forum and so you can't be surprised. This place can be toxic, I've never come across a forum quite like it. What does it say about tech nerds? Lots of angry disgruntled men/boys. Heard is clearly a loon, liar and abuser but it has bought out the worst (that they think they can get away with before mods intervene) in a section of posters on here.
This is one of the tamest forums going, as Alice said go check out others, 100 times worse then what's posted here.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Ocuk forums toxic and no other place like it?

Pull the other one:cry:

It's pretty obvious to anyone with some social skills that they're just jokes in context in the most part. Yeah there may be a few questionable people, but largely it's just jokes. Like Gervais and Chappelle say time and time again, we live in a society now where more people have weak spirits than ever before and it seems you can't say anything, even in the spirit of humour, without being cancelled.

Associate
Ocuk forums toxic and no other place like it?

Pull the other one:cry:

It's pretty obvious to anyone with some social skills that they're just jokes in context in the most part. Yeah there may be a few questionable people, but largely it's just jokes. Like Gervais and Chappelle say time and time again, we live in a society now where more people have weak spirits than ever before and it seems you can't say anything, even in the spirit of humour, without being cancelled.
There are probably a higher proportion of people here without those social skills compared to a Gervais or Chappelle audience!

The problem is that most people can tell they're just jokes, but there will be a group of people who think that everyone else is tolerant of or even encourages this type of language/behaviour in everyday life.

Back
Top Bottom