Poll: This Johnny Depp Stuff

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
The independent allowing this "journalist" to publish such a trash article. She pretty much states that if you're accused, you must be punished! It's sad how many people are driven by race/gender/sex tribalism and nothing more. The guy is innocent, proven by a jury yet is still a perpetrator because he is a man. She is proven to be a liar and guilty, yet is still a victim because she's a woman. These kinds of journos should be out of a job.

Soldato
It's an opinion piece. Everyone hires rambling muppets to do opinion pieces when they feel reporting straight news isn't enough get the attention of the modern audience.

Soldato
It's an opinion piece. Everyone hires rambling muppets to do opinion pieces when they feel reporting straight news isn't enough get the attention of the modern audience.
It's the echo chamber of similarly opinionated people that bothers me. I don't believe it would be this bad if it was the other way around. In fact, I doubt there'd be anyone being published on a MSM news site rambling about an accused but innocent woman getting what she deserves whilst crying out that the guilty man is really the victim in all of this. Could you imagine the backlash?

Soldato
Come on guys. We can show our appreciation for the truth coming out without these remarks. Plenty others have shown it without needing comments like this. We can do better :)

I'm grateful for this whole thing as not only did it remove Johnny depp from fantastic beats (he was such a poor choice) it also may mean we get a new pirates movie and it'll be given the love they deserve, as all the pirates movies after the 3rd have been a giant pile of turd on a bed.

Maybe jd won't go back to Disney, but fingers crossed he does and it's for a good script and a good send off for Jack sparrow.

I appreciate the tone of your post, however I don't agree that my comment was over the top or unjustified. I quite happily called Kurt Zouma a disgusting man for booting his cat, so gender is irrelevant.

Caporegime
Personally I disagree, simply because it's an insult only ever said about women and the fact she's a woman shouldn't add anything. She's vile. Why mention the sex at all? That's my view any way.

Whenever a woman has done something wrong, you can always count on a whiteknight like you to run along and defend her honour.

She IS a vile woman. Simple as that. And there are plenty of these types of women in society that will lie to ruin a man's reputation and career whilst playing the poor victim, and they almost always get away with it because of their sex. She deserves everything she gets.

Soldato
Those that are still defending AH both online and the media are now confined to my virtual ignore list, AH was enough crazy for a lifetime.

As predicted though AH came out swinging from the get go refusing to accept responsibility and blaming everyone else. Her rabid fans are just as mental as she is.

Soldato
CNN posted a muted headline about both or them winning. Then an hour later they changed it. I wonder if they started looking at public opinion and panicked.
I wonder if they realised that lying to people who have hours of video evidence on what actually happened in the court room only serves to erode the little trust people have in them.

Associate
But will agree with Apex here, some of the comments on here are very much gender biased. We should take this as an example of innocent until proven guilty not women are this and that whilst using gender based derogatory terms.
Not so sure about that tbh.

I have sat and watched a fair bit of the trial and for me she truly is a sick woman. This is nothing to to with it being a woman, she really did dig her own grave.

The evedence pointed to a woman with a plan right from the start, she and a few friends set out to frame JD with fake stories and photos manipulated to prove abuse that never happened.

She was caught so many times and keeping the divorce money promised to two charities further proved she was a manipulator in it for the money and the contacts JD could further her career with..

What is sad however is the people that are now coming out the woodwork to deny women can be adusers, despite many of them supporting JD.

I didnt set out to watch this trial. tbh i thought it was just another sad attemp by JD as he had already lost everything so nothing to lose type case, like most people i originally though he was probably guilty.

The UK case made he think he was but now I hope the UK case can be pulled apart to see what went wrong there.

Soldato
So dumb question time. Johnny Depp won $5m on the punitive damage award alone. But he only gets $375,000 or whatever it is because of limits. But does AH have to pay the $5m anyway and it just goes to the state or whatever?

Caporegime
The independent allowing this "journalist" to publish such a trash article. She pretty much states that if you're accused, you must be punished! It's sad how many people are driven by race/gender/sex tribalism and nothing more. The guy is innocent, proven by a jury yet is still a perpetrator because he is a man. She is proven to be a liar and guilty, yet is still a victim because she's a woman. These kinds of journos should be out of a job.

Trash articles gets clicks.

Also,
ZcR7UYE.png
Also,
Owner(s)Evgeny Lebedev (41%)
Sultan Muhammad Abuljadayel (30%)
Justin Byam Shaw (26%)
Minor shareholders (3%)
The wonders of a broken society.

Soldato
So dumb question time. Johnny Depp won $5m on the punitive damage award alone. But he only gets $375,000 or whatever it is because of limits. But does AH have to pay the $5m anyway and it just goes to the state or whatever?

The judges imposes the cap so she only had to pay the 350k, punitive damages are more of a symbol, the fact she had to pay them, but he doesn't shows the jury found her behavior to be punishable.

Back
Top Bottom