Poll: This Johnny Depp Stuff

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Suspended
Personally I disagree, simply because it's an insult only ever said about women and the fact she's a woman shouldn't add anything. She's vile. Why mention the sex at all? That's my view any way.
Because it was all about gender...if you can't see that then you unfortunately possess the IQ of a frog.
Her baseless lies were believed because she was a woman. He was exiled because he was a man.
She offered no evidence anywhere but everything she said was taken as gospel and his career and reputation destroyed as a result. She's literally the one that has brought gender in to it with her comments and statements.

#believeallwomen

Caporegime
I see the Guardian isn't happy with the result.
I thought to myself:

"I'll check what people mean"

Then I read this article and am really not sure how you could interpret their reporting of the outcome as "not being happy"

the only work she will get now is at Chick-Fil-A

I doubt she will work again in the film industry but I have a feeling that she will proclaim herself as the crusader for all abuse victims and milk it for a lifetime.

Which absolutely sickens me as I'm a female DV survivor and she does NOT speak for me and I feel disgusted that she is continuing to turn it into an anti-woman thing.

Abuse is not a gender discussion as it can happen to anyone and abusers are not ok irrespective of gender.

Soldato
The independent allowing this "journalist" to publish such a trash article. She pretty much states that if you're accused, you must be punished! It's sad how many people are driven by race/gender/sex tribalism and nothing more. The guy is innocent, proven by a jury yet is still a perpetrator because he is a man. She is proven to be a liar and guilty, yet is still a victim because she's a woman. These kinds of journos should be out of a job.

The Independent; proudly supporting domestic violence, perjury and charity-robbing.

Soldato
I would love Disney to re-hire JD simply to troll the woke. The problem with Disney in recent years is that they have wokified Star Wars and the Marvel franchises. Their share value has almost halved from a high of $185 down to just over $100 this month.

I am a huuuuuuuuuuge fan of Disney, but for me, the Disney how I've always known it e.g. Jungle Book, Snow White, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast etc, plus their hybrid stuff such as Bedknobs, Fantasia and Enchanted. Then of course, Lilo & Stitch trumps everything as it's all about hula girls and aliens :D I even liked their more recent Pixar stuff such as Tangled, Frozen, Moana and Ralph Breaks the Internet, but they stopped doing those kinda films after Ralph.

Much more recently, they did Encanto, and that's looking promising for me from Disney.

Lose the woke agenda and keep it up :)

Was it just this that ended his relationship with Disney or did they use it as an excuse? Some reports say he was turning up on set drunk for the last movie and clearly the guy is an alcoholic and drug addict. Having worked with both they aren't the most reliable people when they are off the wagon, in fact they can be a liability.

Caporegime
It is. She offered no real evidence and much obviously fake evidence. Yet many chose to believe her for no reason other than she's a woman so must therefore be telling the truth.
Which she wasn't. She's a liar.
It's not because she's a women... well it partly is, but mostly not. It's because some freaks have an exaggerated view of their political opponents and therefore must unquestionably oppose that manufactured evil to maintain their in-group clout.

Same goes for a minority of freaks on the other side or any 'side'.

Soldato
Unfortunately the response from the usual media outlets and certain blue checkmarks on twitter was obvious right from the get go once Depp won, despite the mountain of evidence showing Heard lied, and that Heard was the physical abuser in the relationship they automatically fall into the outdated gender stereotype that men cant be the victim of domestic violence. Its eye opening and also extremely sad to see, to be fair I don't think anything will change.

Clearly it was toxic relationship but only one person resorted to violence, the same person that was arrested for DV in previous relationship, the same person that lost yesterday and the same person that will most likely appeal.

Soldato
Unfortunately the response from the usual media outlets and certain blue checkmarks on twitter was obvious right from the get go once Depp won, despite the mountain of evidence showing Heard lied, and that Heard was the physical abuser in the relationship they automatically fall into the outdated gender stereotype that men cant be the victim of domestic violence. Its eye opening and also extremely sad to see, to be fair I don't think anything will change.

As Bill Burr says - when having an argument and women realise they are losing, they go rogue and start changing the argument and throwing in all manner of irrelevant issues.

"Just know that, in this moment, you have won the argument. Take a knee and run out the clock" - Bill Burr

YouTube Bill Burr how women argue (some swearies or I'd link it)

Caporegime

Clearly it was toxic relationship but only one person resorted to violence, the same person that was arrested for DV in previous relationship, the same person that lost yesterday and the same person that will most likely appeal.
The fundamentalist, militant feminists essentially have no choice but to defend her as that's their whole MO. They must double-down.

In reality Heard has done a great deal of damage to how women are treated with her actions and any sensible feminist ought to recognise that.

It's because these people are hardcore feminists and the guys siding with heard are just manlets.

This outcome has undone nothing for MeToo etc, it has actually boosted it because MeToo now has additional relevance for men who experience DV.
These hardcore feminists are just as bad as these Incel men because there is nothing less feminist, than believing someone, just because they are a woman.

Feminism is about equality and not reducing women, to the role of victim.

I actually find it incredibly anit-feminist to constantly reduce the role of woman to victim and man to attacker too. That particular narrative is so damaging and makes me want to have nothing to do with the feminist movement at all. The majority of the awful dialogue surrounding this trial comes from women, rather than men.

The hardcore feminists to me, are just man haters and probably can't face their own prejudice. They possibly also like going against the majority as it gives them a feeling of superiority and of course, attention.

Soldato
I thought to myself:

"I'll check what people mean"

Then I read this article and am really not sure how you could interpret their reporting of the outcome as "not being happy"

This is the article I was referring to, which was trending in my news feed at the time I posted.

Apparently it was hearsay when I pointed out that some posters can’t criticise her without exposing their own misogyny.
Indeed.

Aren't you the bloke who inconveniences his neighbours by parking 15 cars all over your road and then whinging when the road gets shut to celebrelate a literal once in a lifetime event?

Get back in your box, you manipulative clown :cry:

EDIT: Apologies, "higher than average value cars" :D
Lol. Nailed it.

Caporegime
Personally I disagree, simply because it's an insult only ever said about women and the fact she's a woman shouldn't add anything. She's vile. Why mention the sex at all? That's my view any way.
I dunno go on mumsnet and every man is vile

Back
Top Bottom