Poll: This Johnny Depp Stuff

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
That's just an opinion piece, it doesn't mean the entire guardian news team agree with her.

I think the entire Guardian news team most likely agree with that article if we're being honest, they're a pretty heavily left wing news organisation, I doubt anyone working there wouldn't describe them self as a feminist and share most the opinions in that article.

Caporegime
The judges imposes the cap so she only had to pay the 350k, punitive damages are more of a symbol, the fact she had to pay them, but he doesn't shows the jury found her behavior to be punishable.
She still has to pay the 10 million in compensatory damages though

Soldato
She still has to pay the 10 million in compensatory damages though
$8.35mill*

Don't quite understand why people are surprised she is appealing, obviously anyone losing in a defemation case to to the tune of over 8 mill is going to appeal. However shes so ******* blind, self centred and narcissistic that she will think that she needs to do this for women everywhere as she thinks shes the poster girl of SV and DV.

Caporegime
$8.35mill*

Don't quite understand why people are surprised she is appealing, obviously anyone losing in a defemation case to to the tune of over 8 mill is going to appeal. However shes so ******* blind, self centred and narcissistic that she will think that she needs to do this for women everywhere as she thinks shes the poster girl of SV and DV.
How did it get to 8 Mill dollars? Isn't that pounds

Caporegime
The BBC seems to now be doily reporting the guardian op Ed as fact

In both the UK and the US trial, Mr Depp's lawyers argued that Ms Heard was lying - to make their case, they attacked her character and claimed that she was in fact the abusive partner.
This is a common defence tactic in sexual assault and domestic violence trials called "deny, attack, and reverse victim and offender" or "Darvo", said Mr Stephens.
The strategy turns the tables on the alleged victim, shifting the conversation away from "did the accused commit abuse" to "is the alleged victim believable".

Caporegime
Ouch. Presumably most is in assets rather than cash. I wonder how strongly, if at all, Depp will push for the pledge payment, forcing her to sell everything. Or maybe Elon will come to her rescue.

My suspicions were the same, Mr musk will come to the rescue. I imagine a large chunk of her assets are the divorce settlement.

Soldato
I think the entire Guardian news team most likely agree with that article if we're being honest, they're a pretty heavily left wing news organisation, I doubt anyone working there wouldn't describe them self as a feminist and share most the opinions in that article.

Ah you can't beat a massive generalisation can you. There is no shortage of people on the left criticising Heard, twitter is full and men and women who would lean left tearing into her. In your mind all feminists are radical loons. Talk about looking in a mirror.

Back
Top Bottom