Poll: This Johnny Depp Stuff

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
The delusion is staggering. I’m baffled but this is the culture we live in now.
I know nuance isn’t permitted in this thread, but I think it’s important to try and stand in the shoes of others who have been victims of domestic abuse and violence. One of the challenges is overcoming the often charming public face of their abuser in order to be believed. The reason this case is so upsetting for those people is this case, very publicly, reinforces the notion that how someone is in public reflects how they are in private, and will again make those voices harder to be heard. That is regardless of whether or not the outcome here was the right one.

However, as I said up thread, on the balance of the evidence presented, I think Depp was probably right to win this case, but he also comes across as a very complicated, damaged character with a history of substance abuse and anger management issues.

I feel most of all that this case would have benefited from being behind closed doors.

Soldato
It's not because she's a women... well it partly is, but mostly not. It's because some freaks have an exaggerated view of their political opponents and therefore must unquestionably oppose that manufactured evil to maintain their in-group clout.

Same goes for a minority of freaks on the other side or any 'side'.

It is because she is a women, people are ignoring the evidence (or lack of) and stating this is push back against #metoo. Complete delusion from the usual suspects.

Man of Honour
Someone want to explain how the bottom right article manages to pull the race card on a trial solely involving white people :confused:
I just popped over to check...
If the mistreatment of a wealthy blonde haired, blue-eyed white actress is ridiculed by the world, what does that mean for Black women?
For Black women, who do not have whiteness or fame or money to protect them, Heard’s words of the verdict as a setback ring especially true.
Heard was turned in everything from memes to murals mocking the validity of her abuse. Some even believed Depp when he said that she was the aggressor in the relationship. If all of Heard’s privilege couldn’t protect her from such viciousness, Black women—like always—remain even more vulnerable.

Soldato
OP
I know nuance isn’t permitted in this thread, but I think it’s important to try and stand in the shoes of others who have been victims of domestic abuse and violence. One of the challenges is overcoming the often charming public face of their abuser in order to be believed. The reason this case is so upsetting for those people is this case, very publicly, reinforces the notion that how someone is in public reflects how they are in private, and will again make those voices harder to be heard. That is regardless of whether or not the outcome here was the right one.

However, as I said up thread, on the balance of the evidence presented, I think Depp was probably right to win this case, but he also comes across as a very complicated, damaged character with a history of substance abuse and anger management issues.

I feel most of all that this case would have benefited from being behind closed doors.
The problem with this case is that it was a defamation trial, but a section of society seem to think it was a rape trial. It's no wonder they haven't encountered the result they craved.

Soldato

Oh I agree with you on both points there but I’m basing my opinions on the defamation aspect and evidence presented in court which a small pocket of pro-Heard activists are blatantly ignoring to push their agenda.

The issue with these opinion pieces is that your average Joe will take the bait without looking at all sides.

Years ago I remember saying ‘why are they still casting him in movies if he’s a wife beater?’. We now have the facts.

Why do so many people expect Johnny to be the sacrificial lamb for the benefit of all over the world, who are telling the truth?

I just don't understand why so many are refusing to understand or acknowledge that the only person responsible, for putting women back years, is Amber Heard.

Amber has weaponised the stories and the real experiences of women who have suffered domestic violence to further her own career and to make money.

She is responsible for making the courts an even more difficult place for victims and survivors.

Man of Honour
Why do so many people expect Johnny to be the sacrificial lamb for the benefit of all over the world, who are telling the truth?

I just don't understand why so many are refusing to understand or acknowledge that the only person responsible, for putting women back years, is Amber Heard.

Amber has weaponised the stories and the real experiences of women who have suffered domestic violence to further her own career and to make money.

She is responsible for making the courts an even more difficult place for victims and survivors.
Agree. It's frustrating, but not unexpected, to see media outlets saying Depp's win has set back the cause of DV victims, when it's actually the lies of Heard that have set them back.

fez

fez

Caporegime

Theres a lot of people who put ideology above everything else and either think the ends justify the means or they are simply so indoctrinated that they will use whatever mental gymnastics they need to in order to fit the reality to their narrative.

You can see this in everything related to identity politics. Trans right, gender, racism, politics etc.

We all see things in the world through our own lens but some people are so narrow minded that they are unwilling to accept that the world is not black and white and its not simple.

One of my favourite videos of this was someone asking college kids in the US about Trump vs Bernie policies while Trump was in Power. They lapped up all the "Bernie" ones and thought the Trump ones were awful and used rubbish logic to explain why. When they were told that the policies were actually for the opposite person they didn't know what to say.

Most people are very set in their views and find it far easier to twist the facts than question their own beliefs.

Soldato
Really its start of a revelation against women who have for years destroyed the lives of many using perverse laws(they created threw moaning of women rights to goverment) and manipulating them to selfishly get what they want. They have no qualms about ruining men's lives at a heartbeat, a lot of them are shocking mothers who raise fatherless kids which led to poorer quality moral-less men and women who think they are queens, from generation to generation it has got dramatically worse.

They have ruined the integrity of marriages. they should never have left the kitchen (or rather house) and should have never have had a voice, its for there own good. But they wanted the all in one package, wanted to protest the lives there are given as child bearers and now we can see it blowing up in there face.
:cry:
We still would have had all of these biased articles being posted, but nobody would have known any better.

I think it was important for JD that the trial was public as the whole aim for him was to clear his name - the same verdict but with no context around it would have given the militant feminist/misandrists all the ammo they need to claim he only won because he was male/powerful etc.

Back
Top Bottom