Poll: This Johnny Depp Stuff

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
How's the recovery going?
Leg still in a cast (but at least now a below the knee cast rather than the full leg one before - it makes a lot of difference to mobility). Hand cast is off so I can use that although still painful to use and I don't have full strength or range of motion yet. But the real kicker was a blood clot on the lung a few weeks ago (resulting from a clot on the leg which moved), putting me in hospital again for a while.

Gradually getting better now though, thanks for asking.

Caporegime
Leg still in a cast (but at least now a below the knee cast rather than the full leg one before - it makes a lot of difference to mobility). Hand cast is off so I can use that although still painful to use. But the real kicker was a blood clot on the lung a few weeks ago (resulting from a clot on the leg which moved), putting me in hospital again for a while.

Boody hell, that sounds awful :(

Good to hear you're still in good spirits though, hope the recovery is speedy!

Man of Honour
Boody hell, that sounds awful :(

Good to hear you're still in good spirits though, hope the recovery is speedy!
Thanks.

Yes the lung was a bit of a worrying moment. Incredible pain and unable to breath. I later found out that if you don't get to hospital then the mortality rate is 30% :eek:

I got a letter from the police last week saying that the driver who caused this was being offered a one day safety awareness course. WTF!? That's all. A course. No points or anything for careless driving.

Caporegime
Thanks.

Yes the lung was a bit of a worrying moment. Incredible pain and unable to breath. I later found out that if you don't get to hospital then the mortality rate is 30% :eek:

I got a letter from the police last week saying that the driver who caused this was being offered a one day safety awareness course. WTF!? That's all. A course. No points or anything for careless driving.

That's absolutely shocking, it seems like a driver needs to either be on their phone or kill someone before the law actually serves a purpose nowadays. Can you seek damages thorugh alternative channels? I'd be going for the jugular if it were me.

Associate
Leg still in a cast (but at least now a below the knee cast rather than the full leg one before - it makes a lot of difference to mobility). Hand cast is off so I can use that although still painful to use and I don't have full strength or range of motion yet. But the real kicker was a blood clot on the lung a few weeks ago (resulting from a clot on the leg which moved), putting me in hospital again for a while.

Hope you fully recover and praying for your speedy recovery

Man of Honour
That's absolutely shocking, it seems like a driver needs to either be on their phone or kill someone before the law actually serves a purpose nowadays. Can you seek damages thorugh alternative channels? I'd be going for the jugular if it were me.
Yes there is a personal injury claim ongoing so I can't say too much. I'll give a lot more detail when it's all over.

Soldato
Why do so many people expect Johnny to be the sacrificial lamb for the benefit of all over the world, who are telling the truth?

I just don't understand why so many are refusing to understand or acknowledge that the only person responsible, for putting women back years, is Amber Heard.

Amber has weaponised the stories and the real experiences of women who have suffered domestic violence to further her own career and to make money.

She is responsible for making the courts an even more difficult place for victims and survivors.
That's what mordern feminism is - protect women at all cost...#BelieveAllWomen. And it's utter garbage.

qMWNOpM.png

I mean, that's what we're up against. Telling the truth, apparently, is not feminism when the truth is to the detriment of a woman. People with those views are the people MSM are trying to desperately to side with. It's disgusting.

Associate
:cry:

We still would have had all of these biased articles being posted, but nobody would have known any better.

I think it was important for JD that the trial was public as the whole aim for him was to clear his name - the same verdict but with no context around it would have given the militant feminist/misandrists all the ammo they need to claim he only won because he was male/powerful etc.

jlexyzvbo9a41.jpg

Soldato
Depp lost UK trial because the judge didn't fall for the common tactic of blaming the victim for being the abuser. But the jury in the US trial did fall for it.

Nice one BBC. Not too biased there are you?

sick to the back ****** teeth of ****wits bleating "darvo" all over the JD and MM threads. dunno who came up w/ that **** but it can be summed up as; if you're a man, get accused, and try and defend yourself, you're a scumbag trying to intimidate and threaten the "victim".

Caporegime
Agree. It's frustrating, but not unexpected, to see media outlets saying Depp's win has set back the cause of DV victims, when it's actually the lies of Heard that have set them back.
And they completely miss the fact that Depp won BECAUSE of Amber's lies.

"Johnny winning is bad for xyz."
"And why did Johnny win?"
"Because patriarchy and misogyny!"
"No, it's because Amber lied, maybe try targeting the actual causation you muppet."

And they completely miss the fact that Depp won BECAUSE of Amber's lies.

"Johnny winning is bad for xyz."
"And why did Johnny win?"
"Because patriarchy and misogyny!"
"No, it's because Amber lied, maybe try targeting the actual causation you muppet."
I want to add that he also won because he was truthful and had the evidence to back up his words. He showed the good and bad, his lowest and highest moments, and has never pretended to be a perfect person.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Can you imagine her kid in 15-20 years time as a late teen coming across this trial online and watching it all. Assuming the kid isnt brainwashed by her and her type, she's in for a world of sadness :/

Man of Honour
Can you imagine her kid in 15-20 years time as a late teen coming across this trial online and watching it all. Assuming the kid isnt brainwashed by her and her type, she's in for a world of sadness :/
Yes it is really sad they may well discover the trial.

Also... "Mum, did you really **** the bed?"

I don't think it'll be as bad as you'd think. People have low moments, and people have high moments. As long as the low moment is comfortably in the past then people don't tend to care about them.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I mean, that's what we're up against. Telling the truth, apparently, is not feminism when the truth is to the detriment of a woman. People with those views are the people MSM are trying to desperately to side with. It's disgusting.

Its simple tribalism. Its the very thing that all the people that a pushing identity politics claim to be railing against but they are making it worse. Its always us and them. Its always taking a point of view that is absolute and unerring and ignores any nuance.

Yes we should take any claims of abuse very seriously but that doesn't trump someones right to "innocent until proven guilty". Unfortunately the world isn't perfect and we cannot start locking people up on the say so of someone without evidence. Does that lead to a huge number of scumbags getting away with things they shouldn't? Of course. Does it stop a large number of people from having their lives ruined by lies? Of course.

The JD/AH case has been a fascinating insight into the minds of people and how their opinions are formed. The truth is that this case has been a disaster for AH. Whether the case reflects the reality effectively is up for debate but the idea that AH is the only victim in this is laughable. I think both of them are less than perfect however AH comes across very badly and the fact that she felt that she was in a position to put out a "tell all" about JD without fear of scrutiny should be cause for concern.

This is the issue. There has to be a balance between "believe all women" and "innocent until proven guilty". Christ, most issues in life are subjective and 2 people will have very different views on events. That is life and doesn't mean that one side or the other is "right".

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I don't think it'll be as bad as you'd think. People have low moments, and people have high moments. As long as the low moment is comfortably in the past then people don't tend to care about them.
Tell that to Kevin Hart who was asked to apologise again for a joke made years and years ago even after he voluntarily apologised back then, just because someone found footage online and reposted it.

There's some good post-commentary on this live stream right now, quite interesting really.

Soldato
Agree with the comments on this thread. The headlines in the press, after the verdict and ruling, seemingly ignoring it and claiming that Amber is still the victim and it’s Johnny Depps fault (for standing up to her lies ) are abhorrent.

If genuine DV victims are impacted by this verdict then it’s Ambers fault not Johnny’s.

I’m not surprised to see a push back. The fact that a person can, often anonymously with zero fear of repercussions, level defamatory and career ending abuse allegations against someone is clearly wrong.

The law needs changed back to the default position of innocent until proven guilty when it comes to abuse allegations. Either both parties should remain anonymous until the verdict or neither should be given that right.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom