Poll: This Johnny Depp Stuff

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
No you don't. You can take an accusation seriously, doesn't mean you HAVE to believe the accuser. People lie, people can say things out of hate or heightened emtions. Too many variables just to take their word at face value. Doesn't make it true just because they've said it is.

Maybe that’s a better way of phrasing it. But as I’ve said so many times, the point of the believe women movement is to challenge prejudices that have long existed. Do people really believe that women have been able to speak up over the last 50 years in high profile abuse cases? If that were the case, why are many of these only being raised so much later on?

That's NOT what you said first time. No wonder people are confused by what you say each time you post.

I am a family man furiously typing on my phone between looking after my kids :D I normally don’t partake in forum conversations because I don’t have the time for it a lot of others do. This subject rankles me slightly but must admit I’m not on a mission about it. These are just my views and I appreciate a forum is never a place to change any bodies mind. I have my views and I feel good about them :)

Caporegime
lolwut? I’m supporting the investigation of any accusation, from man or woman. What I would like to see is more punishment for raises of false accusations.

But you are both well off the mark there, and that’s why this thread is such a train wreck. Wonder if y’all are single and/or have no children.

Absolutely we should believe Women until the evidence proves otherwise.

Edit you've changed your explanation of your view since so nvm

Just badly worded with "until proves otherwise" as it can be impossible to prove a negative

Last edited:
Soldato
I don’t know how many times I have to state this, but if she goes and reports that then an investigation should be opened. This is what I have stated since first questioned on this. Is that not the due process for any reporting of a crime?

You wouldn’t convict somebody if there wasn’t any evidence that they had abused anyone. My wife would not be able to get me convinced on a lack of evidence.

fez

fez

Caporegime
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

OK now I'm genuinely not sure if this is all one big troll now.

I have always wondered how he made us think he had scissors for fingers when in reality he didn't. That was the genius of his performance. No makeup, no prosthetics, just unholy acting talent that made us believe he actually had scissors for fingers when all along it was just his little sausage fingers on our screen.

Consigliere
Forgive my legal knowledge...but is AH allowed to come out and say the trial was wrong etc/Depp lied? Obviously I am massively summarising but surely Depp could then take her back to court?

The trial is done and dusted..so thats it no?

Soldato
Everyone is equal

If you disagree you are perpetuating racism, sexism etc

Positive discrimination is racist
BLM is racist
Feminist is sexists
Etc

The supporters of such groups fail to grasp that thier actions are just prolonging the inequality.

Soldato
No, I’m saying people who have spent their life in a privileged position tend to not realise their privilege.
White Privilege?

Lol go tell all the poor white kids growing across the county they are privileged.

Just stop spouting garbage you have read on the internet.

Man of Honour
I don’t know how many times I have to state this, but if she goes and reports that then an investigation should be opened. This is what I have stated since first questioned on this. Is that not the due process for any reporting of a crime?

Belief is the assumption that something is true. Belief is completely different to opening an investigation. In fact, opening an investigation is the opposite to belief. If you already "know" something is true, why would you investigate whether or not it's true? That makes no sense.

You wouldn’t convict somebody if there wasn’t any evidence that they had abused anyone. My wife would not be able to get me convinced on a lack of evidence.

She might, if a jury believed her. Believe women, remember? That's the slogan. "believe women". Not "conduct a fair investigation regardless of the sexes of the people involved". So if you're a man and she's a woman, under that idea you should be convicted. Anything else is going directly against the idea that all women should always be believed.

If not, she could certainly cause you other harm if she wanted to. You would, for example, have a record that would show up on background checks done by a potential employer or potential partner. You might lose your job. You'd definitely suffer some degree of harm from being widely presumed guilty solely for being the "wrong" sex. Could you prove your innocence? Could you afford to hire lawyers for a civil case? Would it make any difference if you did? The whole point of the idea is that all evidence should be ignored. Look at this case - what difference has it actually made other than lots of media articles speaking against the idea that a man should be allowed a chance to defend himself and show evidence that he's not guilty?

It's one of the things that usually follows belief in unchosen group identity (which is irrational prejudice in itself as well as being the foundation of all other irrational prejudice). Prejudice and discrimination based solely on unchosen group identity (sex, "race" or whatever) is often claimed to be "justified" by claiming that everyone you assign to your target group identities is "privileged" (and thus deserves to be discriminated against) regardless of individual circumstances, but that is just a pretence. Calling it "equity" is just another way of phrasing the same "justification". It's normal and fashionable nowadays and in sadly many other times and places. The group identities that it's fashionable to consider legitimate targets change, but the idea remains the same - that the victims deserve it because they're "privileged". Regardless of whether or not they actually are privileged, of course. So, for example, there was a period of time in medieval England in which prejudice and discrimination against jews was "justified" by the idea that jews were "privileged". It didn't matter if a particular jewish person was living in abject poverty in a hut with a couple of shillings in total assets and the constant threat of starvation and a particular gentile person was living in the highest luxury possible at the time in a mansion with thousands of pounds in total assets and the finest food money could buy - belief in unchosen group identity requires ignoring individual circumstances and instead pretending that whatever stereotypes are attached to each group identity apply to everyone assigned that group identity.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Looks like AH may have been totally cut from Aquaman 2 and her role recast.

Or she hasn't. Or she has but it hasn't been announced yet and she's trying to prevent it. Or she thinks she might be and she's trying to prevent it. It's all just rumours so far.

Soldato
you also need to ensure they are judged equally by persons not influenced by personal or external bias (as likely in this case by social media, due to poor court tv decision)

After sitting in a court for weeks being forced to view the facts the jury unanimously agreed to be biased because social media :)

Back
Top Bottom