• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Threadripper on Zen+ 32 Cores - Launching Q3 2018

Associate
The Nvidia vs AMD driver thing is probably due to how the two handle CPU overhead. Doesn't the AMD driver do draw calls in a single thread while the Nvidia one uses multiple?
NUMA + the latencies that it involves probably don't really bode well for Nvidia's implementation. Has any outlet tested with "Threaded Optimisation" turned off in the Nvidia control panel?

Permabanned
I ordered mine today... looking forward to a new fresh build and playing with this monster, especially now I'm doing the odd bit of video encoding :)

Will probably stick with my main rig & pass this onto a friend of mine who's in need of something new and is going to be doing a lot of content creation work for me. Just looking forward to the play & funky simple build that'll still look nice, just without any OTT watercooling solution... first time I'll have installed an AIO in years haha...

Caporegime
^^ Good video. Thanks. :)

I doubt I'll need something quite that beefy when I upgrade, but I certainly don't intend to skimp on the mobo, that's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom