Thrones of Britannia - A Total War Saga

Soldato
So the name of the first "saga", as well as an animated trailer, has dropped.

TW Sagas are smaller, stripped down campaigns in the style of Atilla, with this first one concentrating on the British Isles. I like the time period, and if it's as polished as Warhammer TW was at release, I'll be happy!

Associate
Looks like it will be a remake of Viking invasion and kingdoms Britanica campaign.

It’s not really pushing the boat out and trying something new. They need to improve siege combat a lot and add some new features. They need to bring back naval combat and make it enjoyable.

I never bought Atilla, first total war game I did not buy, and I won’t buy this unless it brings something new to the table.

I enjoyed warhammer 1 as they introduced magic, monsters and flying units plus interesting factions that played different.

Warhammer 2 was good but nothing really New was added, ok you had rites and they did a good job on the factions but where was the improved siege maps, where was the naval combat, where was the underground map for skaven, dwarfs etc.

It feels like the new Total War is 2 steps forward and then 1 step back.

For me to buy this game I would need:

Great sieges with each city having its own unique map.

Unique battle maps that actual resemble where you are fighting on the campaign map.

Naval combat and naval invasions being fun with weather making a difference.

Family tree and factions playing integral part to running your empire.

Units have more than 160 men.

Units that look different with armour upgrades and weapon upgrades.

Factions play different to each other and have unique win conditions.

Armies can have more units per stack

Units of same type have different performance levels, depending on say its officer. Thus you can get attached to units instead of just replacing them at will.

Soldato
Looks interesting I'll buy it, love the total war series. The only one I didn't really like was attilla for some reason. And wasn't massively keen on empires even though the darthmod made it really playable just wasn't really interested in the time period.

Soldato
Looks interesting I'll buy it, love the total war series. The only one I didn't really like was attilla for some reason. And wasn't massively keen on empires even though the darthmod made it really playable just wasn't really interested in the time period.

I'm going to buy this as well. But the only two games I really didn't like in the Total War series were Rome 2 and Atilla. I'm never going to go back and play them. Just not my cup of tea. I hope this game is either more like the original games or more like that Warhammer games.

Soldato
Slightly old thread - is Attila actually worthy of a purchase? I enjoyed Rome 2 and with the price now quite low (see Humble Bundles) I'm considering it :)

PS. I like the sound of Vikings etc :)

Associate
Slightly old thread - is Attila actually worthy of a purchase? I enjoyed Rome 2 and with the price now quite low (see Humble Bundles) I'm considering it :)

PS. I like the sound of Vikings etc :)

I can't help on that as it is one of the few I don't have.
It was considered better than Rome 2... the good thing is you don't need it to play Throne of Britannia (which I will be getting when released)!

Associate
I am so looking forward to this game... campaign map looks great and the battles are supposed to use the map (so not limited ones like other versions of Total War)

Soldato
I only found out about this today. It seems like a great idea! Hopefully they do a Saga that focusses on the Holy Land next.

To me, the most boring bit about Total War is managing a huge, sprawling empire, as you attack the capital of generic faction number 187 in a totally one-sided battle that is, ultimately, a complete waste of time. I've always found the smaller campaigns much more interesting, more competitive.

Last edited:
Permabanned
If each saga has online or is it sp? This should be good historically they do well on small scale like shogun and flop on big games like empire. And it must be soon 15 years since Rome and I seen recently mike Simpson out doing his sorry routine again lol.

Great games but dodgy people, constantly rotating staff and biting off more than you can chew makes me nervous they might screw these sagas up. And they have not made a good historic game since shogun 2.

Associate
I wasn't really bothered about this until I saw the campaign map. It looks pretty great, looking forward to it now hah.

Back
Top Bottom