Thrones of Britannia - A Total War Saga

Associate
https://www.pcgamer.com/thrones-of-britannia-makes-significant-changes-to-the-total-war-formula/

Nice article about what the game brings. Full British Isles to play on, ten playable clans including Gaels and Vikings amongst other British factions.

Changes to recruitment and training to make it more realistic, you have to use archers if you want to improve them rather than just waiting until they are unlocked before recruiting a load of them.

Might finally be able to tempt my dad away from playing Civ 5 and on to the Total War franchise instead

Soldato
Will these be full size games at full price like Rome/Warhammer etc? Or are they 'mini series' games? Do we know what engine it will be using? Hopefully it'll run more like Warhammer than Attila!

Soldato
Will these be full size games at full price like Rome/Warhammer etc? Or are they 'mini series' games? Do we know what engine it will be using? Hopefully it'll run more like Warhammer than Attila!

Nope, map is smaller but it's priced 'less than a full release', how much less though I'm not sure. From the footage I've seen it looks like attila.

Soldato
OP
£30 on Steam (although I don't know if that's with a pre-order discount or not), with 25% of the pre-order profits going to War Child.

And yeah, unfortunately it's a version of the Attila engine, which even if they get running smoothly, isn't as good looking as the Warhammer titles. However, given the time period, leaner campaign, and cheaper price, I'd be perfectly fine with that tbh.

Associate
As this is a smaller scale map, I hope the occasional AI turn ctd bugs aren't there. Total War used to be my fav franchise, but some of the issues which have been around for a decade, I just don't tolerate anymore.

Associate
I'm so hyped for this game. I'll try and pre-order it so I get the small discount but might have to wait a month before I can afford it. Either way, I think it'll be a fun game to play.

Did you pre-order any of the previous titles? If so remember how awful they were on release and wait! If not, it will be awful on release, please wait!

Soldato
Did you pre-order any of the previous titles? If so remember how awful they were on release and wait! If not, it will be awful on release, please wait!

I'm a complete sucker for pre-ordering Total War games I'm afraid. I'm moving house at some point soon, so there will probably be time for the first bug fix patch to sort out the issues (I hope).

Associate
Was trying to ignore this, but who can not want to conquer their homeland in the olden days :D

Whats the deal with DLC on this one? Is it an all in one package, this is it sort of thing? I mean we will get blood etc from the get-go?

Id prefer 19.99, so i might hold on for a bit... lets see if I get sucked in come May.

Soldato
I think Warhammer Total War (I am not a Warhammer fan, per se) has eroded any interest I had in this game. Its undoubtedly going to be a great edition to the TW series, but the variations in the Warhammer factions were a complete joy. Now it goes back to factions that are more or less identical aside from the colour of their uniforms.

Also, is this going to be a bit of a filler in the series? Much like Napoleon was after Empire?

Back
Top Bottom