** TIME TO GET TRIIGGERED BY VERTAGEAR **

Associate
grimm;30500767 said:
Surely you'd just buy a Herman Miller for that price?

Well couple of considerations to this. This chair uses the same mesh so should be as comfortable and hopefully as reliable. A comparable new HM would be more. (Second hand would be cheaper but then you don't have the silly long warranty that both this chair and new HM's have)

Arguably (if you like red) this chair looks better and based on reviews actually has easier customisation to the seating position (see the arms and lumbar support). This also comes with a headrest and large castors (a benefit if the chair is to be used on carpet given how low the gas cylinder rides in most ergo chairs).

Despite all of the above a HM might be a better choice in the long run but we shall see once user reviews start coming in.

Soldato
Jasonst888;30500812 said:
Well couple of considerations to this. This chair uses the same mesh so should be as comfortable and hopefully as reliable. A comparable new HM would be more. (Second hand would be cheaper but then you don't have the silly long warranty that both this chair and new HM's have)

Arguably (if you like red) this chair looks better and based on reviews actually has easier customisation to the seating position (see the arms and lumbar support). This also comes with a headrest and large castors (a benefit if the chair is to be used on carpet given how low the gas cylinder rides in most ergo chairs).

Despite all of the above a HM might be a better choice in the long run but we shall see once user reviews start coming in.

Just because it has mesh similar to some Herman Miller chairs doesn't mean that it has as good/proven ergonomics.

I can see your point about the Herman Miller chairs being a bit more expensive though, but they do have very good guarantees attached to them.

Soldato
grimm;30500824 said:
Just because it has mesh similar to some Herman Miller chairs doesn't mean that it has as good/proven ergonomics.

I can see your point about the Herman Miller chairs being a bit more expensive though, but they do have very good guarantees attached to them.

I am one who's sitting on a HM Aeron but chose to give this a shot :)

On paper, the Triigger 350 (& SE) is ergonomically superior to the Aeron, because it offers 1. Seat depth, back panel adjustment and 2. MUCH more intuitive adjustment of the armrest level.

Don't get me wrong, the HM Aeron is a really nice chair to use, but I'm hoping this Triigger can suit me more :)

Soldato
look similar to my £35 mesh backed chair i got off the bay. that price is insanely high but if there that good then i guess its 'worth it'

Coming from a country where everything can be copied (hint: origin of thermaltake) I can tell you that I did own a Ergonomic chair that look far more sophisticated than Herman miller at 1/10 of the price, and the mesh looked exactly the same.

Yet once I owned my first Aeron and sat on it I knew the quality of the mesh is heaven and earth. At the end of the day, IF THIS IS AS GOOD AS ADVERTISED, for this price it's a bargain.

Soldato
Will be interesting to see peoples initial thoughts on the chairs once they receive them.
Got mine today.

Been sitting on it while typing this :)

Compared to the HM Aeron that I owned:
1. The out-of-the-box mesh quality indeed is inferior than HM Aeron. It is comfortable to sit on, but a little bit too rough on the skin as expected. It'll need some time to break in for sure, but otherwise, it is as good as a HM Aeron.
2. Assembly it is a breeze as well, plug in the wheels, gas lift and chair assembly and off you go.
3. Packing is on point, everything arrived in one piece although I would prefer the outter box to be taped a little bit more securely and elegantly.
4. Ergonomically speaking, I find this superior to the HM Aeron, mainly because I can fine tune the seat depth and back panel to fit my posture, while with HM Aeron you can only tune the lumbar support. Brownie point is that at its out-of-box setting, it already fits my posture pretty well, I only had to move the seat depth forward a tiny bit to get a perfect fit.
5. The Trigger control is on point. I cannot stress this enough, it's very on point. I find it much easier to quickly adjust the chair height, tilt lock etc. It's not bad per se on the HM aeron, but having it on the armrest is more intuitive IMO. But everyone's preference will be different obviously.
6. One minor point though, is that the QC seem to be a bit problematic for Vertagear on this. One of my caster seem to be stuck, so when I move my chair around, you can see that wheel is being dragged along instead of gliding nicely like the other casters. I'll contact OcUK to see what they can do about it.

Hope this will help other potential buyers :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Got mine today.

1. The out-of-the-box mesh quality indeed is inferior than HM Aeron. It is comfortable to sit on, but a little bit too rough on the skin as expected. It'll need some time to break in for sure, but otherwise, it is as good as a HM Aeron.
2. Assembly it is a breeze as well, plug in the wheels, gas lift and chair assembly and off you go.
3. Packing is on point, everything arrived in one piece although I would prefer the outter box to be taped a little bit more securely and elegantly.
4. Ergonomically speaking, I find this superior to the HM Aeron, mainly because I can fine tune the seat depth and back panel to fit my posture, while with HM Aeron you can only tune the lumbar support. Brownie point is that at its out-of-box setting, it already fits my posture pretty well, I only had to move the seat depth forward a tiny bit to get a perfect fit.
5. The Trigger control is on point. I cannot stress this enough, it's very on point. I find it much easier to quickly adjust the chair height, tilt lock etc. It's not bad per se on the HM aeron, but having it on the armrest is more intuitive IMO. But everyone's preference will be different obviously.
6. One minor point though, is that the QC seem to be a bit problematic for Vertagear on this. One of my caster seem to be stuck, so when I move my chair around, you can see that wheel is being dragged along instead of gliding nicely like the other casters. I'll contact OcUK to see what they can do about it.

Thanks for the feedback, I've already pointed Vertagear this way, particularly in regards to 6). Should have a solution for you sooner rather than later.

Soldato
Got mine today.

thanks for the review. I am tempted to get a high quality seat and am struggling to justify past my comfortable leather office chair. my missus wants that as she doesn't like the £35 mesh job from the bay.

definilogy: thanks for that feedback too. good to know.

Associate
Will be interesting to see peoples initial thoughts on the chairs once they receive them.

Great chair...

But someone had opened mine along the line somewhere. And the packaging was all messed up and opened. Because of this, the based of the chair had two small nicks or scratches on it.

spRtskF.jpg

SVuDWwz.jpg

GIVji6J.jpg

After paying just short of £800 I can't say I'm happy with a B grade item.

But other than that issue. The chair is really nice. And I've checked the rest of it over. And there are no other issues with it.

OcUK Staff
OP
Bit worrying on a £600+ product...

That affects 350 and 350SE?
Got mine today.

Vertagear will ship out some more casters by air, we'll send them on to you once they land. They are already looking into what has caused it too.

OcUK Staff
OP
Great chair...

But someone had opened mine along the line somewhere. And the packaging was all messed up and opened. Because of this, the based of the chair had two small nicks or scratches on it.

spRtskF.jpg

SVuDWwz.jpg

GIVji6J.jpg

After paying just short of £800 I can't say I'm happy with a B grade item.

But other than that issue. The chair is really nice. And I've checked the rest of it over. And there are no other issues with it.

I believe you've already been in touch with Bailey, we're both speaking to Vertagear to ascertain how this could have happened. Regardless of that we'll make sure you are satisfied with the purchase. Leave it with us for a day or so.

OcUK Staff
I believe you've already been in touch with Bailey, we're both speaking to Vertagear to ascertain how this could have happened. Regardless of that we'll make sure you are satisfied with the purchase. Leave it with us for a day or so.

Yes we are getting this sorted ASAP :)

Bailey

Back
Top Bottom