** TIME TO GET TRIIGGERED BY VERTAGEAR **

OcUK Staff
OP
Ok, saved me a job, it is DuPont TPEE mesh used on the Triigger. Not 100% sure if it's the exact same type as the Aeron but I can find this out at some point today.

OcUK Staff
SE at £790, 10 Years warranty, works out at £1.52/week.

Seems like great value for money to me!

post-19715-Brent-Rambo-gif-thumbs-up-imgu-L3yP.gif

Soldato
Definitely not. I wish I had your expertise in how much it costs to spray a chair in China with a quality paint finish without adding much to the cost. Please enlighten us.

Well you obviously don't. Car paint isn't particularly expensive, and getting a smooth spray isn't either. I actually do have expertise on this subject, quite extensive in fact. Due to the shape and size of the parts of the chair, it's significantly easier than spraying a car body because there are no large flat planes with compound curves that could be collection points for paint to run if you spray too heavy.

My point is that it isn't really a selling point, you have numerous cases for sale that have been painted with "car grade" paint up to the same standard. It's called using hard wearing paint and spraying it properly. That really isn't a selling feature. I think you've just been trying to list as many things as you can think of to hype these chairs up.

OcUK Staff
OP
Well you obviously don't. Car paint isn't particularly expensive, and getting a smooth spray isn't either. I actually do have expertise on this subject, quite extensive in fact. Due to the shape and size of the parts of the chair, it's significantly easier than spraying a car body because there are no large flat planes with compound curves that could be collection points for paint to run if you spray too heavy.

My point is that it isn't really a selling point, you have numerous cases for sale that have been painted with "car grade" paint up to the same standard. It's called using hard wearing paint and spraying it properly. That really isn't a selling feature. I think you've just been trying to list as many things as you can think of to hype these chairs up.

So it's gone from being 'not remotely expensive' to 'not particularly expensive' over the course of two posts. Truth is Spoffle you and I have no idea how much is costs to achieve that kind of paint finish on this chair, we certainly know it will add some cost, it would be silly to think otherwise. As it is a clear difference between the 350 and 350SE it is most definitely a selling point. Did you forget about the improved casters, weight limit and headrest too? Plus, listing the different points of the chair is called 'being helpful'. You should try it sometime.

Soldato
IT's funny really, Vertegear make a gaming chair people say it's too pricey and they'd rather pay more for a task chair, they make a better task chair and charge more and people say it's too expensive.

rjk's hypothesis was spot on chug :)

Associate
Very nice addition to the range and definitely a contender for anyone who spends several hours a day in front of their PC and doesn't want to end up looking like Quasimodo in later life.

Considering a full-spec Aeron is £850 they seem reasonably priced too (adjusting for brexit), assuming the build quality isn't too far behind Herman Miller's. The SE is the obvious exception with the usual price premium associated with the high-end model.

Soldato
So it's gone from being 'not remotely expensive' to 'not particularly expensive' over the course of two posts. Truth is Spoffle you and I have no idea how much is costs to achieve that kind of paint finish on this chair, we certainly know it will add some cost, it would be silly to think otherwise. As it is a clear difference between the 350 and 350SE it is most definitely a selling point. Did you forget about the improved casters, weight limit and headrest too? Plus, listing the different points of the chair is called 'being helpful'. You should try it sometime.
Okay, not remotely expensive. I don't know why you're making assumptions about my knowledge. I know for a fact that the cost isn't particularly expensive for car grade paint. There isn't really "grades" of paint for one, and I've already told you that I've got experience with this. The cost of the paint will be a tenner or less.

So yes, I do know and that was my point. I'm not even making a negative comment about the chair, you're just inferring that because you've disliked what I've said. I actually find the chair interesting. I just found it in bad taste that you were talking about "expensive car grade paint" when you clearly don't know about that.

Sell it on its points that you know for a fact, don't add meaningless ones to try and fluff it up a bit.

OcUK Staff
OP
Things I know for a fact : -

- Spoffle is not an expert on the cost of manufacturing a operator task chair, particularly in regards to the cost of the paint used ON A CHAIR. Neither am I in the interest of fairness and I don't pretend to be.
- There are different grades of paint, there are also different types of paint. Vertagear class the 350SE as having 'professional automative grade paint'.
- Having a superior paint finish to a chair is a 'sales point' and is treated as thus in all sales material that is put out by Vertagear, and in turn, OcUK
- I never said 'expensive car grade paint', you said that.

Get your facts straight.

Last edited:
Associate
- Paint job - They've basically used the same grade of paint found on cars, so it's long lasting, hard wearing and it looks really nice (providing you like red)

This makes no reference to the cost of the paint, Spoffle. You sparked that discussion yourself.

While the cost of paint, whether expensive or negligible, isn't a full justification of retail pricing, nor representation of overall manufacturing costs, people who are interested in the longevity of the aesthetic of the chair and its overall finish, will see this as a selling point.

The prices will be set by the manufacturer to one, cover the base cost of manufacturing, and two set any sort of profit margins so that the business can grow, expand and improve.

If prices drop in the future, that's down to Vertagear to decide. For now, if you're interested in the chair fair enough, but you'd get more out of life by doing some nice finger paints with the paint in question rather than dragging out your useless back and to argument with Chug about something he didn't say in the first place.

:)

OcUK Staff
Hold my beer, I've got this:

EOAsEf5.gif

The way I see it on the forums is that whenever we launch a decent product that costs a lot of money people are eager to shoot it down, looking for flaws or other reasons why they should not WANT it. This is usually a good sign and the product sells really well, case in point: Asus ROG Claymore, yes it's a keyboard that costs £200, yes you can buy a keyboard for £5, yes it will do the same job, but still there have been 100 people that have still wanted to spend their hard earned crust on one, and I know they have enjoyed their purchase (a 1% unwanted return rate). I now worry more about products I list that do not illicit a reaction, more so than the products that cause people to jump out of their internet foxholes and throw a few meme grenades.

In this particular case Spoffle is bang out of order, the reviews for this chair are all great, the ten year warranty means you pay about £7 a month for a chair which offers great comfort (and gives a great seated posture reducing back pain for those who suffer from it (like me), and I'm sure many appreciate the style (unlike me). So unlike the above example where you can find a product that is much cheaper, which will do basically the same job, this is just patently untrue. Hell, I could stand at my desk for free and have more floor space in my dining room to boot, but I don't...

If I had the money I would be buying this chair.

Soldato
In this particular case Spoffle is bang out of order, the reviews for this chair are all great, the ten year warranty means you pay about £7 a month for a chair which offers great comfort (and gives a great seated posture reducing back pain for those who suffer from it (like me), and I'm sure many appreciate the style (unlike me). So unlike the above example where you can find a product that is much cheaper, which will do basically the same job, this is just patently untrue. Hell, I could stand at my desk for free and have more floor space in my dining room to boot, but I don't...

If I had the money I would be buying this chair.
Oh wow, you're clearly not actually reading what I'm saying. I'm not even criticising the price. I'm literally pointing out that it's pointless referencing "car grade paint" when trying to explain why it costs as much as it does. All the other information is more than enough.

But again, I'm not criticising the cost of the chair, and it's well within the range of affordability for me so the whole "you're only saying something because you can't afford it" mentality that you're subtly hinting at isn't even remotely applicable.

Soldato
This makes no reference to the cost of the paint, Spoffle. You sparked that discussion yourself.

While the cost of paint, whether expensive or negligible, isn't a full justification of retail pricing, nor representation of overall manufacturing costs, people who are interested in the longevity of the aesthetic of the chair and its overall finish, will see this as a selling point.

The prices will be set by the manufacturer to one, cover the base cost of manufacturing, and two set any sort of profit margins so that the business can grow, expand and improve.

If prices drop in the future, that's down to Vertagear to decide. For now, if you're interested in the chair fair enough, but you'd get more out of life by doing some nice finger paints with the paint in question rather than dragging out your useless back and to argument with Chug about something he didn't say in the first place.

:)
It's really obvious what the intent was by saying car grade paint. But again as I keep having to say, I'm not even complaining about the price. It's pricey for a chair, that's for sure but I didn't actually say it's an issue.

Associate
Well at least it isn't a childish car seat and you won't get back ache because it has lumbar support.

This is a step in the right direction for the gaming market but I'd personally still go with known task chair brands like Steelcase or HM if I had this kind of money.

My Ikea Markus is sill going strong for anyone moaning about chair prices.

Back
Top Bottom