Titanfall 2

Associate
right ive bought the game and had a quick blast on both story and multiplayer, the story mode seemed like it could be quite good which is surprising but the multiplayer...wow... I was getting MASSIVE stutter where I could hardly move for 2 seconds! my frames dropped massively in one part but even when I was getting good frames like above 70fps I was still stuttering bad and I have gsync!

does anyone know what the problem may be? I'm on the newest NVidia drivers, could it be lag? I'm going to try another online game in a mo to see if it happens again but even when getting good frames It was a stutter fest for me :(

Are you using wifi to play?

Associate
yes i am but I don't get problems in any other game, just this one, even bf1 runs smooth for me maxed out so I'm not sure what the problem is ?

I had the exact same issue. Every game rans perfectly on wifi apart from Titanfall. Upon switching to a wired connection the stutter went away. Try a powerline adapter or ideally wired ethernet. It could be a variety of other issues causing it though. One way to check is to press tab (to open scoreboard and ping info) and leave that menu open for a few mins. If you see your ping continually spiking by 100ms+ every few seconds then it's likely a connection issue.

Other people have had luck turning their settings down to low, turning resolution scale off, turning the origin overlay off, turning off any overlay programs (msi afterburner etc).

Try one at a time to see if it helps.

Last edited:
Associate
I had the exact same issue. Every game rans perfectly on wifi apart from Titanfall. Upon switching to a wired connection the stutter went away. Try a powerline adapter or ideally wired ethernet. It could be a variety of other issues causing it though. One way to check is to press tab (to open scoreboard and ping info) and leave that menu open for a few mins. If you see your ping continually spiking by 100ms+ every few seconds then it's likely a connection issue.

ok thanks, will check that next time, I did check ping but only for a short time like a couple of seconds and it seemed very good like around 21ms but like you say it could be spiking, just seems weird as I get way over 60fps most the time with it maxed and its mostly in the 90fps range but still get stutters, bit strange if it is the wifi when every other game plays amazing but if you say it happened to you then it may be it.

thanks for input

Associate
ok thanks, will check that next time, I did check ping but only for a short time like a couple of seconds and it seemed very good like around 21ms but like you say it could be spiking, just seems weird as I get way over 60fps most the time with it maxed and its mostly in the 90fps range but still get stutters, bit strange if it is the wifi when every other game plays amazing but if you say it happened to you then it may be it.

thanks for input

I worked out my issue from:

https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/5166/titanfall-2-troubleshooting-faq#latest

A very in-depth list of potential fixes written by the TF2 community manager.

I should mention that the stuttering I was getting was that I could move fine but everyone else stuttered for a split second. That maybe different to the stutter you have.

Last edited:
Associate
I worked out my issue from:

https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/5166/titanfall-2-troubleshooting-faq#latest

A very in-depth list of potential fixes written by the TF2 community manager.

I should mention that the stuttering I was getting was that I could move fine but everyone else stuttered for a split second. That maybe different to the stutter you have.

just had another game and it was as smooth as silk lol no stutter at all, I think my pc may have had a slight glitchy 30mins or so as everything seems faster now from the game loading and also quiting.

no my problem was me, I was like freezing then moving, sometimes I couldn't move for 2 seconds, I think these new drivers act a bit weird with my card and sometimes cause it to be...well...poop lol

Associate
im actually liking it more than I thought I would, infact MUCH more, to me this game is better than bf1 by quite a long way, its more tactical and not so much a twitch shooter, I'm still getting the occasional game whaere I'm getting stutters but most are smoother now, yeah I'm liking it :)

Soldato
Syks,

I had a GTX 980 when the game first came out and although I had good fps, I would get a bit of stutter now and again.

I *think* I had to turn down Texture to one lower than the highest available setting
Worth a try perhaps.

Associate
Syks,

I had a GTX 980 when the game first came out and although I had good fps, I would get a bit of stutter now and again.

I *think* I had to turn down Texture to one lower than the highest available setting
Worth a try perhaps.

thanks for the advice, I will try it, I also think it may be because I was on my other user account on my pc and for some reason that account seems slower overall than my main account even at opening web pages etc I have to have 2 user accounts on my pc as something is wrong with my main one, even though everything works fast and things like steam/origin etc work I canot install any game from the windows store on it, I had 4 techs from Microsoft take control of my pc and none of them could work out why, the only solution was to make another user but as I say EVERYTHING seems to run worse when using that user so will give it a go on my main one a bit later :)

Soldato
I have server timed out problems after restart works but after a match server error problems again any Ideas please ?

I have done some research on line, old network connections e.t.c but no joy.

Jamie.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom