Titanfall 2

Associate
No its not a good deal at all as games used to cost the full price on Origin but key sites would have them for around £25 give or take a few quid. Prices in general have been on the rise on the pc for a while now and seem to hold their value for longer.

£37 for a pc game from a key site is a high price regardless of what Origin are charging.

Key websites went mainstream, that's why. :(

Soldato
Won't be buying BF1 after the dissapointments that were Hardline and Battlefront. Unless it's mega cheap.

Not played either of those but, from what I've heard, BF1 is massively better than both.

Whats the single player campaign like? Probably wont play much MP but I wouldnt mind playing the campaign

Good but don't think it's long enough to justify the cost on its own. If all you want it for is the SP campaign, I'd wait until its discounted a bit more.

Associate
This game plays real nice. It has surprised me.

Single player has been excellent and online is good as well.

I now see why some critical reviewers have praised this.

Associate
£37 for a pc game from a key site is a high price regardless of what Origin are charging.

What's the difference between a key site and Origin exactly? Nothing. You get the same game either way. So use a bit of logic...

If I as a consumer want to buy TF2 right now I either pay 60 Euros or 40. In that instance buying the key outside of Origin saves me 33% and is a good deal. Why is that so hard to understand?

Whether or not prices should be lower across the board is a completely different discussion. I was talking about right now someone who is wanting to buy and play the game

Soldato
What's the difference between a key site and Origin exactly? Nothing. You get the same game either way. So use a bit of logic...

If I as a consumer want to buy TF2 right now I either pay 60 Euros or 40. In that instance buying the key outside of Origin saves me 33% and is a good deal. Why is that so hard to understand?

Whether or not prices should be lower across the board is a completely different discussion. I was talking about right now someone who is wanting to buy and play the game

Are you having a laugh? £37 is not a deal for a pc game regardless of what Origin prices are. Since when have Origin prices on a new game been reasonable?

It might be cheaper than Origin but it is not a deal by any stretch of the imagination. As a comparison I paid £28 for Titanfall 1 with the season pass on launch, now that's a good deal.

As you like percentages £37 is about 50% more than games usually are on key sites (£25) when they launch. Or the fact that the price has increased by about £8 from its preorder price. £37 might be the cheapest price that's fair enough but its not a deal and I was just surprised that a pc gamer would see this price as being so. Console gamer yes, pc gamer from a key site IMO no.

If you look at my original post I was surprised that anyone would think that £37 was a deal for a pc game, not sure whats so hard to understand about this, seems fairly simple to me. We can keep on going round in circles if you wish but it seems pretty pointless, you think its a deal and I don't.

Last edited:
Associate
Are you having a laugh? £37 is not a deal for a pc game regardless of what Origin prices are. Since when have Origin prices on a new game been reasonable?

Do you like to argue just for arguement's sake or what?

It's a good deal compared to the price right now on Origin, so quit saying "regardless of Origin prices"... That's the whole damn point I was making!

Obviously 40 quid is expensive, I never said it wasn't. But once again if you are wanting to buy the game right now saving 33% is the good deal compared to your alternative.

I'm actually thankful these key sites exist, because they've saved me hundreds of pounds over the last few months, as I'm sure they have for many people

Soldato
Do you like to argue just for arguement's sake or what?

I was thinking the exact same thing of you. This is getting rather tedious.

It's a good deal compared to the price right now on Origin, so quit saying "regardless of Origin prices"... That's the whole damn point I was making!

At this point I really do not care and I can say what I wish as it is my opinion.

As I said pointless conversation and nothing else can be gained by going over what has already been said.

Associate
There's no opinion, it's just simple mathematical fact. If someone wants to buy Titanfall 2 right this moment, then buying from a key site is by far the best deal. Why that takes a debate is truly beyond me

Soldato
There's no opinion, it's just simple mathematical fact. If someone wants to buy Titanfall 2 right this moment, then buying from a key site is by far the best deal. Why that takes a debate is truly beyond me

Are you on a wind up or something, this is my original comment:

:eek: Whats happened to the pc buying crowd, £37 for a game off a key site isn't a good deal at all regardless of what origin are trying to punt it for. £20-25 fair enough.

Read it and soak it in. I am surprised at someone calling £37 a good deal for a pc game. Nothing more.

As for mathematical fact here is some for you once again.

The game is approx. 50% more than a typical new release.
The game has gone up by 27% since the pre order
Key sites are normally cheaper than Origin prices on new games.

Not once have I said that buying from a keysite isn't the cheapest option, only that the price is currently high for a pc game.

Last edited:
Associate
Read it and soak it in. I am surprised at someone calling £37 a good deal for a pc game. Nothing more.

How about you take your own advice and read my posts and "soak it in"? I never said 40 quid was a good deal by itself. I said right now compared to what I would pay on Origin it's good, which it is. That's it. It may be a totally crap price by itself, I truly don't care. I was never debating that.

The game is approx. 50% more than a typical new release.

It is? I'm looking on Origin right now and every new release is around the same price (Assassin’s Creed Syndicate, Fifa 17 and Watchdogs 2 for example). None are 20-30 Euros as new releases as you suggest and even games that have been out months are still around the 50 Euros mark.

Anyway think what you like. I'm sure a mod will delete these posts since they add very little to the thread

Soldato

10op5i8.jpg

Soldato
Really enjoying the multiplayer on this. Progression system is addictive as the old cods used to be for me, looking forward to what unlocks next etc

Like how you level up based on what you do in a match with merits rather than just an xp number

Associate
Bi confused by the above like has been said no AAA game these days on pc is 30 or below they just don't come out that cheap on Steam or from Ea or even the lol of ms store which you can't even get cheap cd keys for.

So what as pc gamers do we do buy them CHEAPER on cd key sites, The days of 30 quid games from in store have been gone for many many years.

I am happy to spend 33 quid on bf1 and the same on tf2 as that what they cost me or why do i spend £1000 on a x34 or £400 on a cpu that's hardly good value for money when i can get a £100 monitor or a i3 for £80 and worse when/if i won't spend £33 on a game.

Soldato
Bi confused by the above like has been said no AAA game these days on pc is 30 or below they just don't come out that cheap on Steam or from Ea or even the lol of ms store which you can't even get cheap cd keys for.

So what as pc gamers do we do buy them CHEAPER on cd key sites, The days of 30 quid games from in store have been gone for many many years.

I am happy to spend 33 quid on bf1 and the same on tf2 as that what they cost me or why do i spend £1000 on a x34 or £400 on a cpu that's hardly good value for money when i can get a £100 monitor or a i3 for £80 and worse when/if i won't spend £33 on a game.

Hi Leon,

This is what it has cost me to buy these games for launch and have come out in the last 12 months.

Doom £25
Tombraider £20
Mafia 3 £21.80
Deus ex £24.60
Far cry primal £22.80
Call of duty BOIII -£22.80

This is why I was surprised at seeing £37 being touted as a good deal. Nothing more really. I have no issue in paying for the game as like you I have an x34 display and have spent allot of cash on gaming.

Permabanned
Came here after the weekend expecting some nice back and fourth on the game, instead we have some needless, pedantic discussion about pricing. GG.

I totally agree with whomever above stated that the hit detection is way off. It's so sporadic at times that it often feels best just to spray and pray rather then actually aim up close. That nasty film grain effect can **** off as well. Even turning the gamma down on my monitor doesn't seem to fix it in the darker areas.

Overall though, It's undoubtedly an expertly crafted game. The campaign has some really fresh level design and tells a more then adequate story. The multiplayer would be damn near perfect if they could fix that dodgy hit detection.

Gun balance is almost spot on too, though I will argue till the ends of the earth that the time to kill is far too quick. I miss the hoppy jumpy gun fights of the last game.

Associate
Hi Leon,

This is what it has cost me to buy these games for launch and have come out in the last 12 months.

Doom £25
Tombraider £20
Mafia 3 £21.80
Deus ex £24.60
Far cry primal £22.80
Call of duty BOIII -£22.80

This is why I was surprised at seeing £37 being touted as a good deal. Nothing more really. I have no issue in paying for the game as like you I have an x34 display and have spent allot of cash on gaming.

Well since you didn't buy those on launch from steam or origin new as those are cdkey prices for sure so its kinda a bit different but i do understand where your coming from but origin games have always been more expensive as they are now most games on steam you can get quite a bit cheaper as above.

Then again i know people that have bought bf4 ultimate and b1 for over £100 and i think that's crazy when i can get bf1 for 33 and the session pack for 35

To me the saving is better than not at all regardless if i agree with origin pricing but you expect it these days :(

Titanfall 2 is worth it value for money wise as there is no session pack this time so no paid dlc which is a good thing.

Soldato
Well since you didn't buy those on launch from steam or origin new as those are cdkey prices for sure so its kinda a bit different but i do understand where your coming from but origin games have always been more expensive as they are now most games on steam you can get quite a bit cheaper as above.

Then again i know people that have bought bf4 ultimate and b1 for over £100 and i think that's crazy when i can get bf1 for 33 and the session pack for 35

To me the saving is better than not at all regardless if i agree with origin pricing but you expect it these days :(

Titanfall 2 is worth it value for money wise as there is no session pack this time so no paid dlc which is a good thing.

Yeah I always buy from keysites unless steam, uplay or origin are having a sale. I think all those keys I listed were from cdkeys.

I totally agree that £100 for a game is crazy, I can understand why fans of the game would do it though as they normally put in 100s of hours.

I don't mind spending the cash at all on games and when it comes to the console exclusives that I buy I fully expect to pay more than I do on the pc. I just think its a shame to see these sorts of prices as its always been low on the pc, I guess companies like EA want console money on the pc and are pushing prices that way.

As for TitanFall 2 I will definitely be picking it up once I have finished Mafia 3, I really enjoyed the first TitanFall. :)

Back
Top Bottom