Titanic submersible confirmed destroyed with loss of all five souls onboard.

Soldato
If that happens, let's hope they can be spotted bobbing about on the surface because they're not getting out without someone to undo the bolts from the outside.
surely once they get to the surface they WILL then have access to some form of radio Comms? if not then frankly someone should be locked up for stupidity

Caporegime
So let's get this right.

These people were sent down in a sub which looks to be made by one of those overconfident and extremely dangerous idiots, it has no certification whatsoever, is controlled by a £5 gaming controller, is so primitive it literally has zero internal systems, has "70-96 hours of air" (which I will put £100 on being absolute tosh), launched from a vessel which has zero recovery capabilities and no communication methods. Going by the video posted earlier the entire vessel is a stainless tube with all manner of crap literally just bolted to it, and now the people in it have no hope apart from the various external agencies helping.

To be clear, I know that type of person extremely well and I can spot them a mile away. This man has likely been told many times that his sub is a pile of crap, has ignored all advice and carried on anyway because he knows best and is well aware that out at sea he's not governed by law. His contraption will be built using all manner of things that are either unsuited for this work or only barely scrape by. It's a miracle that his first dive was successful.

My prediction is he's going to be held responsible for this and the investigation will reveal what an absolute idiot he is and that he ignored many, many signs along the way and did it anyway. His whole setup is an amateur hobby grade dumpster fire of a company. Mark my words.

Soldato
So let's get this right.

These people were sent down in a sub which looks to be made by one of those overconfident and extremely dangerous idiots, it has no certification whatsoever, is controlled by a £5 gaming controller, is so primitive it literally has zero internal systems, has "70-96 hours of air" (which I will put £100 on being absolute tosh), launched from a vessel which has zero recovery capabilities and no communication methods. Going by the video posted earlier the entire vessel is a stainless tube with all manner of crap literally just bolted to it, and now the people in it have no hope apart from the various external agencies helping.

To be clear, I know that type of person extremely well and I can spot them a mile away. This man has likely been told many times that his sub is a pile of crap, has ignored all advice and carried on anyway because he knows best and is well aware that out at sea he's not governed by law. His contraption will be built using all manner of things that are either unsuited for this work or only barely scrape by. It's a miracle that his first dive was successful.

My prediction is he's going to be held responsible for this and the investigation will reveal what an absolute idiot he is and that he ignored many, many signs along the way and did it anyway. His whole setup is an amateur hobby grade dumpster fire of a company. Mark my words.

They’ve done more than one dive. I think like 10 or so. The CEO says whilst things bolted to it might be “junky” the capsule it self. The butcher keeps people alive is solid. Designed and helped engendered by NASA.

Soldato
Apparently there isn’t a single rescue vessel that can go anything like as deep as 4Km, the max is about 1Km so if they are indeed stuck on the bottom - there’s practically no hope…

What an awful situation, 96 hours too…
apparently there is a vessel ready to go on Guernsey. iirc it even has some form of winch that could grapple on to give her a tug ..... but their help is not wanted by the US or something.....

Soldato
If they're working rovs then they'll typically have manipulator arms. They can remove ballast. Attach airbags. Etc.

I see,

So you’re talking about the sort of thing that could legit rescue them or potentially free it from an obstacle or snag IF it can find them?

And i imagine that is a very big if

Soldato
So let's get this right.

What I'm surprised by perhaps even more is that someone intelligent enough to aquire billions of dollars has gone along with it all. Im honestly shocked at the complete lack of any back out plan.

I'm all for exploring and pushing the limits but this whole thing seems to have been incredibly badly planned.

Back
Top Bottom