To whom you sign off texts with a kiss?

Man of Honour
As a straight male, nobody.

As another straight male, to my wife, my daughters-in-law, my nieces, my sister-in-law, my grandkids, all female friends, AND my ex wife, who gets one X.
The others mostly get ❤️s, sometimes Xs, elder son gets ❤️, younger son gets ❤️❤️.
Younger son shows me unconditional love, elder son never completely got over my split with his mother in 1969.
I love him to bits, but he gets embarrassed if I tell him, that’s why he gets only one ❤️.

Caporegime
I don't get the 'as a straight male nobody' comment and replies.

So as a straight male you wouldn't even do it for your wife/girlfriend?

There's a lot you don't get though tbh. And no, I wouldn't. It's a text message, pretty much as impersonal as something can get.
In my experience its typically only done by women or homosexual males. I'm neither and feel no inclination to do it. It's meaningless.

"Just washed the dishes, lol xoxoxo"

Caporegime
Random thought of a boring Friday night,

My family signs off every text to each other with a xx. I do it to mum, dad, brother, pretty much everyone in my family. I also do it on texts to certain friends. My mate though thought it was strange when I did it to him.

To me it’s just a nice symbol of affection to people you care about.

How about you? Do you sign off your texts with such a gesture?
just my mum xxx but only because she does it all the time and it seems uncaring not to do it back

she used to think LOL meant lots of love :cry:

My parents used to sign off messages with LOL. Which to them, meant “lots of love”. It resulted in some unintentional humour. My favourite was along the lines of:
haha mine too

Back
Top Bottom