Tomb Raider 2: Rise of the Tomb Raider Announced

Might like to be more specific.

How about:

Makes me laugh - when the xbone has a slightly more stable frame rate but lower res than the PS4 then the xbox fanboys claim frame rate is most important now we have a game with apparently nice graphics but crap frame rate and image is more important!

So now this is THE best game of this gen? Come off it. If this was multi plat the circle jerk wouldn't be happening. :D

For me, that's trolling.

Consider this a warning.

I caved in and bought it in Tesco when getting my beer. Installed very quickly too.

Will play it later, but genuinely excited about it after some of the comments in this thread.

** Quote and comment removed ** DJ

Just picked this up myself so looking forward to putting some hours in tonight. Really enjoyed the first one so high hopes.. Not sure I totally agree with this timed exclusive nonsense tho, but hey ho.

EDIT: Oh dear!!

Last edited:
Great game,intend to to play through this slowly and try to see everything,loved previous game and although not very far in yet,this one may well be better,visually excellent as an added bonus.
What with this and battlefront via ea access I'm enjoying my gaming right,happy days!

everything I have heard about this has been great, unfortunately I chose PS4 and this is the only XBO exclusive that has me interested in the console.... loved the first one too but not £250 worth of love unfortunately.

any concrete dates on exclusivity as I'm guessing we will get a PS4 GOTY/definitive edition at some point.

Quite some dispute on this it seems but I feel now I've played a good couple of hours I can weigh in with my early thoughts.

As someone who owns a PS4, Xbox One, and a gaming PC I can say with all honesty that this is at least up there with the best looking games of this gen. A little shimmering on some distant objects but I can't think of a console game that doesn't suffer from that to some degree. Genuinely impressed with it from a technical perspective.

Frame rate also seems pretty steady so far. A couple of very small drops but only feels like one or two frames max. Possibly something to do with the patch I was prompted to download on install?

Also it plays like a dream. Everything that was great about the last Tomb Raider seems to be fully intact with a greater focus on exploration and on a much grander scale. Early days yet but it's looking very promising.

Also, something that's started to bother me is this tech analysis digital Foundry constantly carry out. Yes it's informative and in depth but all it seems to do is spark debate among fanboys and detract from the immersion because people see this then automatically start looking for these minor flaws that 99% of games wouldn't normally notice. I remember when people genuinely enjoyed playing these games without constantly arguing and crying about which console is the best. Who cares? As I said, between myself and my brother, we have both consoles and a PC and we focus solely on the gaming.

Just enjoy what is shaping up to be one of my favourite games of the last couple of years. It's great on Xbox One, it'll be great on PC come February and in Q4 next year it'll be great on PS4 too.

Picked mine up this morning from Tesco. I had £43 of Christmas saver vouchers so I thought I'd use them. Not knowing that they are actually doubling their value on electronics and games at the mo. So £20 voucher, free Tomb Raider! Going to pick Fallout 4 or Battlefront up for the same amount next week. Pretty pleased with that!

Back
Top Bottom