Tomb Raider I - III remaster

Clicking the button to switch between old rendering vs new rendering is quite comedy. The janky 30fps motion even though the RTSS overlay says 139fps is also quite amusing. This game feels just infinitely better with smooth motion of high framerates.

I'm now playing on a proper controller and it's awesome. Got sent one of these metal series controllers and the dpad is like Nintendo d-pads which makes tank controls feel all the more awesome.

yLnN26i.jpeg

Interestingly the joystick analogue look works when in look mode so it's clear they could add camera control with the right stick in tank controls, hopefully that comes with the patch.

Just finished Barking Monastery. Lovely level, really well done and a lot easier than when I was a kid now I know not to attack the monks!

Last edited:
Patch is now out, 1.2GB:

All Games:
● Added missing HD textures
● Updated textures under ladders to no longer be impacted by camera movement
● Updated lighting in certain dimly lit areas
● Resolved textures that would occasionally disappear depending on camera positioning
● Reworked pickup items in dimly lit locations to be more visible

Tomb Raider I:
● Fixed image sizes so paintings were no longer cropped in Lara’s Home
● Resolved partial missing door in the Egypt level
● Updated textures on key pickups to be more visible
● Updated lava textures to not be transparent when viewed at certain angles

Tomb Raider II:
● Resolved a crash that would occur in the Home Sweet Home level
● Updated hitbox for spiders in the The Great Wall level
● Updated misplaced secrets in Golden Mask levels
● Snowmobile no longer rides backwards when firing in Modern Controls
● Updated door handles to include proper textures in Diving Area level
● Updated HD molten gold texture in the Kingdom level
● Updated snow camouflage in HD mode in The Cold War level

Tomb Raider III:
● Updated quicksand textures in HD mode
● Waterfall no longer disappears when switching the levels in the control room of Nevada Desert
● Gem is now visible in the Furnace of the Gods level
● Secret level All Hallows now triggers properly
● Skybox details are now visible in HD mode at beginning of Shakespeare Cliff

Apparently the patch does much more then the notes suggest (in a good way), for some reason they have played it down but so far there has been a lot of praise for this patch

Last edited:
Underworld is 84p currently on Humble Bundle, the 2008 game. Looks really good too and I forgot all about it as probably played it on PS3 back in the day. Got it installed just now and about to look for 21:9 mods and stuff :p

Let us know how you get on with 21:9. I finished Legend and Anniversary but never finished Underworld. I do remember enjoying it though.

Since the patch if you hold walk and look whilst Laras Home is loading in TR3 then her quad will be outside her home ready for you explore with

Let us know how you get on with 21:9. I finished Legend and Anniversary but never finished Underworld. I do remember enjoying it though.
Been playing for a couple of hours and can confirm that with Flawless Widescreen 21:9 gameplay and UI/menu all corrected worked flawlessly :cool:

Screenshots to best showcase the goods:

XEdtWoj.jpeg

z10IyAW.jpeg

Menu:
hIATD9u.jpeg

Last edited:
Been playing for a couple of hours and can confirm that with Flawless Widescreen 21:9 gameplay and UI/menu all corrected worked flawlessly :cool:

Screenshots to best showcase the goods:

XEdtWoj.jpeg

z10IyAW.jpeg

Menu:
hIATD9u.jpeg

Those look great, I came across your Reddit thread with your screenshot on earlier. Nice setup :)

• Love
Reactions: mrk
Tomb Raider IV-VI Remastered was announced a couple of days ago. This first remastered installment was obviously a commercial success.

Tomb Raider IV-VI Remastered was announced a couple of days ago. This first remastered installment was obviously a commercial success.

I'm so pleased about this. TR The Last Revelation is one of my favourite games and IMHO the best TR game.

Back
Top Bottom