Tower block fire - london

The authorities need to learn the lessons from the Grenfell disaster and they won't do that until all the barriers are removed so that the victims can have they say without fears of reprisal.
Very unlikely the victims will say anything unless the authorities have a Ouija board to hand, if you meant the residents who survived then it's highly unlikely they will have anything worthwhile to contribute to the investigation unless they happen to have engineering qualifications or something.

So wait, if i had a car and rented it out to a friend for a bit and they died in a crash, it's my fault?

WOW GAIZ.

Or if i rented out a chainsaw and they chop themselves in half, it's my fault?

(maybe should be in a new thread) but I think the Prime Minster / MP's are misinterpreting significance of what they label
'online abuse/threats/racism during/after election', these should be condemned; but, are they not, the extreme percentiles of general
trend where voters/victims feel empowered by social media to comment/criticize MP competency and short circuit conventional media.
Local party associations should be paying attention and voting no confidence, if appropriate.

I thought this was exemplified on Newsnight interviews with grenfell relatives, last night, where residents were dismissing/menacing towards the BBC for their role -
"we do not need you, we have social media"

(sub-letter definitely irresponsible, if they contributed to increasing building population beyond that which evacuation/safety processes were specified - though seems
largely disproven that there was a flat with ~50 inhabitants - per newsnight)

My word what a bunch of pathetically wet PC'ers in here.

People who commit crimes must be held accountable to the law. If you're in this country illegally, flouting the law there is no excuse.

If they people didn't sub let the flat(which was illegal) the people that died in that sub-let place wouldn't have died.
It's very easy.

Instead the sub letters would have died instead. If the people letting illegally had known there would be a fire or caused it, then yes they would be entirely liable.

Unfortunately it was an accident, with many little factors contributing to a large conclusion. It's ultimately the TMO's problem if people sub-let out with no repercussion.

My word what a bunch of pathetically wet PC'ers in here.

People who commit crimes must be held accountable to the law. If you're in this country illegally, flouting the law there is no excuse.
There are times when it's more important to find out the full facts, as opposed to something relatively minor such as subletting (which is a civil/contract thing, not even criminal in most cases).

It's nothing about being PC, it's about getting the full facts of the case as it's more important to know what happened and who died than go after someone who sublet a property (often in such cases the people living in it may not even know it was sublet), or someone who may have over stayed their visa.

If nothing else it means you're hopefully left with fewer unidentified bodies, or have a more accurate idea of how many people died.

My problem with this is that now the message has gone out that if you're an illegal immigrant, be an arsonist and burn down your tower block and you'll get to stay.

Bunch of idiots

I don't believe you thought this through using sensible logic. Surely, if an illegal immigrant has deliberately burnt down his tower block then he'll be charge with arson as a minimum and murder if people are killed.

I don't believe you thought this through using sensible logic. Surely, if an illegal immigrant has deliberately burnt down his tower block then he'll be charge with arson as a minimum and murder if people are killed.
Yet people have faked things like child abduction because they thought they could get something out of it.

Back
Top Bottom