Tower block fire - london

If they were living in similar high-rise and visiting Grenfell on that night it happened then I can sort of see that - though they need professional help as Jokester said, otherwise it is just ridiculous.

But he wants a one bed flat (not a studio) and he's one house share so he want s to go from a house to a building like grwnfell

It sounds insane at first, but reading the whole story, it's because they was staying with friends because they was homeless and their friends at the tower was providing them somewhere to sleep.

So, it's kinda reasonable that they are also given a place but at £1000 per week, that's just silly.

With all the money they are spending and time, they could had built these people new homes or even a tower could be almost built, but as always, the UK is slow, slow at everything we do.

No some were he isn't. He has his own place

It's bad, but it is what it is. Just more idiots on social media. No one got hurt or lost anything so who cares.

The police shouldn't be wasting their time with this when real crimes are getting ignored due to being "understaffed".

It's British humour to laugh in the face of traumatic events.

I think its in bad taste. But thats all.

The media trying to whip up a story.

This goes far beyond bad taste or black humour - it isn't excusable at any level. In a world where this a lot of bad things going on that we have limited if any ability individually to have an influence on we can atleast not contribute to it by doing stupid **** like this.

Grim but how's it racism?

It was pretty racist if you listen to what people are jeering about, etc. in the video a large part of why they were burning it was about who the types of people living in the tower were (or they perceived them to be).

EDIT; I take it some people didn't actually watch the whole video? not that I can blame anyone as I didn't really want to watch it myself - some of it for instance they were jeering about how people should jump after identifying them as foreign, etc.

This goes far beyond bad taste or black humour - it isn't excusable at any level. In a world where this a lot of bad things going on that we have limited if any ability individually to have an influence on we can atleast not contribute to it by doing stupid **** like this.

It was pretty racist if you listen to what people are jeering about, etc. in the video a large part of why they were burning it was about who the types of people living in the tower were (or they perceived them to be).

Yet a number if the caricatures in the window are...white?

Yet a number if the caricatures in the window are...white?

There was one that looked like it was supposed to represent a ginger - seemed to be a whole lot of spitefulness behind it not just racism but racism was certainly a component.

EDIT: PS I'm having a bit of a bad week in this respect and have no tolerance for anything like this amongst other things this week:

-First aid kit when needed someone has stolen anything of note from it
-A defibrillator discovered vandalised (subsequent to above)
-Someone I know was buying a load of toys for a Christmas charitable thing and on opening one up to check it found that someone has bought it, replaced some of the parts with their broken ones and returned the set which on checking the rest wasn't the only instance - which wouldn't have been much fun for whatever kid opened that up.

So I'm in a **** the human race mood tonight.

Last edited:

EDIT; I take it some people didn't actually watch the whole video? not that I can blame anyone as I didn't really want to watch it myself - some of it for instance they were jeering about how people should jump after identifying them as foreign, etc.

I didn't see any of that in the video tbh

There was one that looked like it was supposed to represent a ginger - seemed to be a whole lot of spitefulness behind it not just racism but racism was certainly a component.

EDIT: PS I'm having a bit of a bad week in this respect and have no tolerance for anything like this amongst other things this week:

-First aid kit when needed someone has stolen anything of note from it
-A defibrillator discovered vandalised (subsequent to above)
-Someone I know was buying a load of toys for a Christmas charitable thing and on opening one up to check it found that someone has bought it, replaced some of the parts with their broken ones and returned the set which on checking the rest wasn't the only instance - which wouldn't have been much fun for whatever kid opened that up.

So I'm in a **** the human race mood tonight.

Yeah...people suck. Including those toss pots in the video.

It’s not racist to laugh at the misfortune of others. Sure, it’s not nice but it’s hardly a police matter.

Agreed not really a police matter just very depressing - while I don't think it was purely motivated by racism there is definitely undertones of spitefulness including racism in that video making a mockery of people they perceived as different/inferior.

Back
Top Bottom