Toyota Yaris GR4 4x4 Rally going into production.....

Soldato
I can't see anyone paying a 14 grand premium for one lol

If it was some special one-off spec maybe, but it's just a regular one a few weeks early...

Last edited:
Soldato
Associate
I am more than happy to wait till April/May!

Fair play if someone gets the premium. Pocket the difference and just order another one and wait 4 months.

As it isn't a strictly limited production its not a bad play, if it was a definite limited run that would have been a bit different.

Soldato
Doesn't say where they got it and no miliage listed either. If it's an ex-press car it's probably seen a few hard laps around a track.

Soldato
Doesn't say where they got it and no miliage listed either. If it's an ex-press car it's probably seen a few hard laps around a track.

I would be extremely surprised if Toyota had defleeted any of its pressers yet. They're all on GY identifiers, anyway, I think – this looks to just be a car that's escaped from a dealer early (there are quite a few GRs in the country now).

Mileage is listed: 12.

Soldato
As hyped as it is, can’t see any going for overs. It’s not limited enough. There are a handful of customer cars here now so I guess it’s just an early order, press fleet will have a few weeks left I assume?

Soldato
As hyped as it is, can’t see any going for overs. It’s not limited enough. There are a handful of customer cars here now so I guess it’s just an early order, press fleet will have a few weeks left I assume?

Press cars and demonstrators will be at least 6 months old by the time of sale. I wouldn't touch a press car with a bargepole. Even more so a manual one. It'll have been ABUSED properly because all the press people seem to think they're super-duper drivers and they'll all have done multiple launches on the clutch and driven too fast over speed-humps to test the suppleness of the suspension etc.

Soldato
Even more so a manual one. It'll have been ABUSED properly because all the press people seem to think they're super-duper drivers and they'll all have done multiple launches on the clutch and driven too fast over speed-humps to test the suppleness of the suspension etc.

That's generally not the way we drive. A press car will sometimes get properly exercised, sure, but we don't go out and excessively beat the snot out of the things. Most events this year were on the road, too, so not much has been hacked around the track by many outlets. Even then, it's often no worse than what most cars would endure on a public track day and the cars are generally maintained to a high standard. :)

Plenty of high-mileage pressers out there doing just fine, too. I took a press car from '94 round a track recently and that was still going strong (154k on the clock, long been in private hands). The car in question really did spend a lot of its time going sideways, originally, too.

Obviously, there will be exceptions to that rule – but then a privately sold car or a demonstrator could have just as easily been abused and you'd otherwise know nothing about it. Swings and roundabouts.

Last edited:
Soldato
I did wonder if a remap could raise the rev limiter a smidge to avoid that 2nd -> 3rd change, looks like we won't even need that! Should feel properly rapid in that 30-70 range I think, looking forward to having a go.

No point really, it will be geared more for track performance like the gt86 was. 0-60 is just paper performance.

If you tune, tune for mid range torque :D

Last edited:
Soldato
RWHS5Fk7.jpg

Hmmmmmm, sticking with Flat White for now.

Soldato
I don't think red suits it. Red only really looks good on sports cars and exotic stuff tbh.

It has to be white (almost all of them will be white though) or black, or a vibrant colour like bright green or orange :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom