Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
I think he said not all company purchases are his decision, theres Charlie Munger. Considering he said he never has had a clue about tech valuations, it probably is down to others that BRK took up INTC though IBM gets a lot of contract kickbacks on machines they supply? he'd understand a propriety exclusive income stream I guess like Rolls-Royce get maintenance money on their engines for decades after a sale

Ive taken back GENL on the basis they are acting strongly. Rather then waiting for 600 odd, its possible Im wrong as its hard to judge a stock thats majority cash? Most stocks repeat high and low for a while but I hate losing out on something just powers higher and this could do either

CEY Egypt gold reflecting confidence in their new presidents actions. ABG bid talks helped CLF also I think, Chinese circling like sharks on cheap gold resources, they like Africa ?

I really should sign up to the staff share scheme where you get them taken out of your pre tax pay, that's a hell of a saving, but have to wait 5 years before you can touch them without incurring any tax.

Lots of companys do this I think. Its a good deal because you can change your mind at the last moment, its a free stock option? I have a relative in the BARC one who saved money like this, declined to buy in 2008 then got them at 75p later anyway

Bought them, still waiting :o Financing, dont they flow oil fairly soon. Should pickup by the time they actually get revenue, right now they are doing things like issuing loan notes for 14% ? Would pay a lot better then the shares to date

I like LAIRD, BAE and Faroe petroleum at the moment.
Iam a long term sufferer of BAE but at least they pay good and the company is actually stronger then most would expect. They need to be able to export to any country not just UK or USA, I would sell if they fail to focus correctly on growing countries. They might struggle to get over 330 now

I might buy CNR at 90 or so depends if gold can do anything but sideways. Thinking its drifting now, didnt really want to sell any at its 'peak' 120 so

Last edited:

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Lots of companys do this I think. Its a good deal because you can change your mind at the last moment, its a free stock option? I have a relative in the BARC one who saved money like this, declined to buy in 2008 then got them at 75p later anyway

Sadly it's not a share save scheme but a share purchase, shares are bought at the end of each month taken out of salary pre tax.

Where I've worked previously has operated a true sharesave scheme where you get the option price at the start of the period, then 3/5/7 years later after putting in money each month you either buy at the option price or take your money back, so no risk involved. Last time I did this it worked out great, got 3 times what I put in back :)

Associate
Bought them, still waiting :o Financing, dont they flow oil fairly soon. Should pickup by the time they actually get revenue, right now they are doing things like issuing loan notes for 14% ? Would pay a lot better then the shares to date

Tipped on Friday, up 8% so far today :)

They've been flowing the well for over a month. Expecting two pieces of very good news this week.

Soldato
I'll be impressed when XEL doubles :p decent volume, it needs to break the ice around 90-100 to really get proper gains otherwise we just on a roundabout I guess

Looking at BP as strong into a pullback today. Think I will add some though Ive missed the div 2 weeks ago. Asset sales possibly could bring interest as they are most likely undervalued really depends what value TNK could fetch, russian politics :confused:
Shell is probably more sensible if they are really 7 PE also

Volatility or the spike index is at its lowest since 2006 era which is really wrong seems to me. [as we make new highs on lowest volume for years] I think IGG is a good way to collect money from that, weak again today probably a buy here and pays a fat div in a couple weeks. Finance Betting firms like this gain when everything goes haywire

@gtotoy said:
friday was the smallest SPX range in 7 and 1/2 years

Last edited:
Soldato
Wonder what's going on with RMP/RRL....duster anyone :D

:o Bloody hope not! Bit of a joke really that one partner issues a halt pending update from the drill and the other releases an RNS stating no reason for the halt. Aussie cowboys!

Ah well, set myself a buy at 3.2p just incase it is a duster and at least it will mean I make up some of the losses I have at the moment!

Back
Top Bottom