Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
cash to put towards property purchase
Housing is a pretty good excuse to take profits. I reckon any mortgage rate should be fixed long term though

^^
What dreams are made of, iron ore :D

Garry White ?@GarryWhite
Rio Tinto: S&P Equity Research ups target to £42 from £38. Strong buy.

Bank shares rise after relaxation of liquidity rules

370p 2013 target for Barc now based on how its USA quote looks, BCS. Its left the negative trend since 2007, so being optimistic..

Sold some Petra diamond
BP is a heartbreaker but deceptively well today, I sold what I got in Nov
dK51T.png

AAL http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...merican-a-buy-ahead-of-key-announcements.html

old tips
new tips

Soldato
Good results this then ? Share seems pretty muted for a while but CEY is doing good volume this week almost +50%
5g/t should pay the bills (when its mined) anyhow

Assays revealed today from 19 of the 23 holes all confirmed gold mineralisation. They also outlined another high grade shoot.
The best results included intercepts with 11.95 metres 5.72 grams per tonne (g/t), 17.15 metres at 4.16 g/t and 18 metres at 4.18g/t.
Meanwhile, it also revealed findings from trenching, including 10 metres at 5.41g/t, which it says has helped extend wide zones of mineralisation on the America vein to at least 600 metres of strike length. Trenching is also underway on the Escondido Vein by 200 metres.
Chief executive Mark Child said: “Condor has made good progress with the completion of 3,462m drilling of a 7,000m drill
http://www.proactiveinvestors.co.uk...als-more-encouraging-drill-results-52270.html

CBVWj.jpg

computer says 480 for BP, yes please

Soldato
The brooker I bought from says BP should hit 500. I need it to get back 489 just to break even but the 6k I've invesyed in BP has yielded some nice dividends which is going to pay for my g/f and I to a weekend away in Vieena.

Soldato
Right, I cant decide if I should sell Barc, I have been travelling for the last 2 months and not been in touch with the news and papers.

So silver what do you think? I am now 16k in profit exc the deviants over the last 18+ months. Im getting tempted to sell but its been a long ride and it would be nice to come out with a little more profit. I was thinking closer to 330 ???

Soldato
Right, I cant decide if I should sell Barc, I have been travelling for the last 2 months and not been in touch with the news and papers.

So silver what do you think? I am now 16k in profit exc the deviants over the last 18+ months. Im getting tempted to sell but its been a long ride and it would be nice to come out with a little more profit. I was thinking closer to 330 ???

I walked away at 226 with 10k profit. Naturally wish I stayed in but I guess the question is do you need to take the cash out? Does it make sense to wait until after april for a new capital gains tax free limit?

Soldato
The money I do need but not for a few months, however Tax is not an issue because I have past losses to offset the profits.

EDIT: whats going on with Capital gains tax?

Last edited:
Soldato
It might be quickest to say my mistake then to recommend. 2 years ago Barc was a sell at 330 or so. It went to 340, I missed it and waited to get that price and Ive been waiting since :o
Its usually more profitable to be dynamic

I wouldnt invest in just one share though it can make a lot of profit. Usually I aim to buy more then once and sell more then once, really I want 550 or so on BP but its been kicking me for most of 2012. I sold all of it about 1 year ago then bought back in. 2 years ago I sold all and again bought it back way too soon

Barc, I dont feel like its a time to sell all. However the professional guys I follow always say dont play it all or nothing. Its not a lottery ticket. So I sold some BP though I think it could break higher.
Barc I did sell some around 250 as that is a solid line, nice that its crossed but how high can it go ?

300 is fairly solid last time I looked. So lets see just this last week
Strength, volume appears to confirm its a good move
SPJeT.png

MacD is an indicator some big traders use. I often dont but just a quick look and its sky high coming out of March 2009 and true enough selling around then was foolish. Which I did btw

So now it appears to flag up caution, I do expect some pullback but Im not selling any more till at least 330 and the other day I posted I decided 370 was feasible 2013 depending on nice news, etc
Gw82B.png
Oct Nov was a time to buy ironically, I did write that down but I was waiting for 200 really. Trading this way, 200 would then ironically not have been good it was the fact it held its ground like that to then indicate future gains. So often in practise I'm bad at this, you should decide what is best for yourself in the end

Bought some more of this. Islamic fundamentalist nationalism vs IMF bailout etc Gov owns half, great mine presuming capitalism wins

Soldato
GKP has done well but its in line with a general move. I got to check these things more often but anywhere near the December low was a good place to be attentive
Needs to stay above 210

lQ2xc.png

266KT.png

That was pretty interesting , did not realise how much of the trading was automatically done by computers.

This is an interesting documentary

It was kinda typical that it did bounce back but days following Dow did trade down 10% just to check for real is this the correct price or you could just say people got scared. Its never been lower since

Live footage

Soldato
Any advice on cheap index trackers?

I'm going traveling for 1-2 years so I feel my money would do better there than in a 3% savings account!

Never looked into them before so knowledge is very limited.

Soldato
India, nice. Tell me if they got any chance of booming like China

hw3aR.png
Quick take is that market is a bit hyped here, it might live upto that but people are lobsided in their opinions

I hope Apple report decent soon, down 3% today again

cheap index trackers?
cheap can be a fallacy, your capital is the main cost

I used L&G years ago. Only thing was I should have put in a regular amount not lump sum so much but anyway dividends reinvested it was ok.
However JII also a unit trust plus a 'share'. I was going to choose that but it was expensive and if I had it quadrupled vs ftse which didnt, so tracker can be worse then a 'proper' fund easily

Cheapest is vantage or HSBC ones. TER cost is what you want to know. Ask on MSE

http://www.morningstar.co.uk/uk/markets/NewsFeedItem.aspx?id=248841815574431
The Ex BP head ready to start another war :o

Soldato
Not seen this big a move for a while -

Herencia Resources PLC 0.0120 GBP 46.63%
Google say +60% whatever its been down forever, needs to double. I thought the good news was being ignored but hopefully this will stick

BP is doing great, cant find a reason to sell. I guess its higher because of FTSE new highs? Is this judgement coming pivotal maybe
Barclays I think is performing well, is hitting 300 like its solid ground to rise from which is really better then I expected. Again ftse, market generally is 'exuberant'

2 out 232 people picked CNR to do well in 2013, 1 was me :o

Back
Top Bottom