Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
I wont argue against it because it could be useful practical experience. ISA is for people who profit 10k a year or more

This unit trust will be a lot less hassle, risk, cost and probably more profitable
http://www.trustnet.com/Factsheets/Factsheet.aspx?fundCode=RYUKIT&univ=U

They will take 50 a month and charge like 30p a year, bargain . Choose slowly, buy regularly, know when to sell up or when its fair value I think is what works in whatever

Halifax last friday did a £3.95 deal day, thats about cheap as it gets. I swapped CREE for EGO with gold up today its looking ok, not cheap PE but good expansion possibly. The Greeks just set their gold mine on fire, C'est La Vie

Enter this, it shows spreads working if nothing else and thats the biggest cost to a lot of shares - http://www.stockchallenge.co.uk/

http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials_01/seymour062001.html

Italy without a leader is a bit alarming, see if Euro drops could lead us down

It's looking like 5p will hold. I sold quite a few of RRL at around 3.5p and threw it into my Spread betting account
Its doing ok so far, got to be hopeful I guess . Ive got 2x and 5x leverage on range bets depending on the company. They make the print of a national newspaper when they move, impressive really they only tiny

Last edited:
Soldato
Not happy with LGO. No reason at all for it to be dropping, which makes me in the red now. Seriously undervalued and I'm sticking with it because I'm sure it will go up.

Soldato
I remember in 2010 it looped aroudn 5p 6p so many times. In the end I just left it with the reminder profits of buying and selling continually.
Looks pretty similar now

What do you mean by "profit 10k a year or more"? The profit on trading?

Yea 10k gained over clear of whatever you put in. Pretty sure ISA is of most use to higher tax rate peeps or otherwise 'large' gains like that.
Gordon Brown stopped divs being tax free, this brings in billions extra in tax from pensions etc

The company now sits on free cash of c$172 million. It has another $405 million set aside should it lose a tax dispute case in Uganda

The market cap of HOIL is $499m Pretty sure they are very cheap vs production, makes range look bad. Reckon I should add some

http://www.iii.co.uk/investment/det...&display=discussion&action=detail&id=10429420

Not happy with LGO

Bit of a Ski slope graph that one, will it fly like Eddy the Eagle or cliff dive. Are they paired or parallel to Range at all

LGO) has announced that its Goudron and Icacos Fields in Trinidad, have averaged about 170 bopd

Drilling of about two new wells at Gourdan, at a cost of about $4m each, will commence by the end of 2013, the company said.
Revenue of 6m vs that bill of 4m, they could be doing a lot worse then

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Can anyone suggest a decent 'play account'? I'd rather make sure I understand things rather than just think I do before putting actual money in, which seems prudent. Spending some time with play money seems like a sensible way to do this.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;23849177 said:
Can anyone suggest a decent 'play account'? I'd rather make sure I understand things rather than just think I do before putting actual money in, which seems prudent. Spending some time with play money seems like a sensible way to do this.

Join advfn and use their monitor facility. It's on the front page, you add shares to it and can make comments such as "bought at 10p".

You can then monitor your losses. :)

Sui

Sui

Soldato
I have a play account on shares.com, can't remember when I started it but my initial £10k, is now worth £250k. Wish it was real money.

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;23849177 said:

Your decisions are often very different when its pretend money though

Soldato
You can start off playing then add the real money. Presume failure at first and success later and it makes sense or alternatively very little cash at first then more later

Got put a spin just now as this long playing dead share suddenly moved. Think its worth like 20p but easily it could just reverse also :/

I think its because of a gov license renewal

Man of Honour
Your decisions are often very different when its pretend money though

Of course, as you'll naturally receive greater returns with playmoney as the approach to risk is subconciously different.

But I'd rather not just plunge straight in and whack a pile of cash down only to find out that, frankly, I couldnt pick stocks for toffee. If play money is a disaster for me then it's a pretty big signal that I should stick to savings accounts :D

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;23851106 said:
Of course, as you'll naturally receive greater returns with playmoney as the approach to risk is subconciously different.

But I'd rather not just plunge straight in and whack a pile of cash down only to find out that, frankly, I couldnt pick stocks for toffee. If play money is a disaster for me then it's a pretty big signal that I should stick to savings accounts :D

Given your logical and pragmatic approach to everything, i give it 3 weeks before your telling us what to buy based on sound reasoning and understanding of the company in question and its future prospects.

Back
Top Bottom