Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Kaz and gkp have pulled back to their recent lows.

Thoughts?

my thoughts on GKP recently were not impressed, not going anywhere and I expect lower.
I think it can dive faster then a peregrine falcon. I dont know if thats true but I at least try to stay consistent to my wronginess :p waiting for 100p or so

Kaz is government, tied up with a whole load of stuff. Not trending, not really predictable try studying politics of that homeland.
Bit like lloyds I guess

Market generally I was expecting a retest before much down

Associate
ETF's are a great way to get easily tradable exposure and to commodities, indices, emerging markets (short and long)

I'm holding 2 ITKY and XMID and watching a few others like AUCP, XVTD, DNRG

is the ishares fund like an etf? meaning one can be and out without having to stay in that fund for an x period of time?
and what terminology should i look out for to make sure there not any no exit clauses/fees?

china seems to be a plausible one to short IMO.

Associate
is the ishares fund like an etf? meaning one can be and out without having to stay in that fund for an x period of time?
and what terminology should i look out for to make sure there not any no exit clauses/fees?

china seems to be a plausible one to short IMO.

Some help probably explain it all much better than I can.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/e/etf.asp

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/mutualfund/05/060605.asp

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/mutualfund/05/062705.asp

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/exchangetradedfunds/11/building-an-etf-portfolio.asp

Soldato
China has strong currency potentially, which puts figures for stocks lower in price but maybe not value? Your gains are based in sterling .
Plus China pegs the dollar, which has grown stronger so its complicated :p

ishares is the company or fund manager (not the owner as such). Many etf are just trackers, not that much managing. Get the factsheet for the fund and post a link here, its like 99% you can sell it always. Stocks can get suspended overnight, even during a day and an exchange can halt trading on sudden moves.
Its possible not common, they want you to trust the market is always there to buy. Some etf trade like 20 shares a day, doesnt matter as the company is always there to buy it or sell.
Company stock can be less liquid, all this is probably more book study rather forum question plus Im completely unqualified :)

Took some POG, which is silly as gold is breaking down - watch $1250 see 2009. However they have rights to sell gold at $1600 still and they go ex div next week. MML seemed weaker still, losing all yesterdays gains

Less FED QE, means stronger dollar, lower prices potentially. Of course imo we are watching the snow shovels when its the avalanche thats the worry, I see cash much weaker.
Inflation is the lowest for over 50 years allegedly which mimics Japan except they always exported goods net but neither we nor USA do - I think the balance then resides in bond holdings/prices hence its deceptive

nah to IMG ?

Last edited:
Soldato
Just checked my ADVFN account as I had some watchers on there from March.

Stobart I added to watchlist at 85p, they went to nearly 100p shortly after.
Photo Me I added at 50p, they're now on 82p or so
Cupid I added at 100odd, they're now at 60odd - what happened to them? I guess bad annual results?

Caporegime
Soldato
So anyone care to explain the relationship between slowing down the QE/Stimulus and the general share trend going down?

Less money being printed = less investment potential in stockmarket?

Associate
So anyone care to explain the relationship between slowing down the QE/Stimulus and the general share trend going down?

Less money being printed = less investment potential in stockmarket?

Basic and simple is just less US printed money means less money out there.
ie: to buy mortgage backed securities and treasuries etc

Ironically it means that the US economy is doing well, just not good for equities in short term.

Dollar will strengthen and this will be bad for US exporters.

Dollar will strengthen and this will make imports cheaper and leave the US homeowner with more money in his pocket.

Truth is nobody knows what an end to QE will mean to markets so everyone going defensive.

Soldato
Basic and simple is just less US printed money means less money out there.
ie: to buy mortgage backed securities and treasuries etc

Ironically it means that the US economy is doing well, just not good for equities in short term.

Dollar will strengthen and this will be bad for US exporters.

Dollar will strengthen and this will make imports cheaper and leave the US homeowner with more money in his pocket.

Truth is nobody knows what an end to QE will mean to markets so everyone going defensive.

What you said makes absolute sense but I think ultimately its a knee jerk reaction to a relative "unknown".

Think things will pick up tomorrow?

Back
Top Bottom