Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
So the government plans to sell it's share in Lloyds soon.

Does anyone know how this might affect the share price and why?

I've been considering buying into Lloyds but now I'm unsure.

Soldato
Peston is the Don on these things, maybe a link appears on this page later with some insight: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23378272

JP Morgan to 'handle it' whatever that means, usually they have to underwrite these things in case of a bad market

Lloyds has been very buoyant recently so I guess less gov involvement would be well liked. Im generally selling it off and will hold a little. I sold last of RBS today, I didnt buy enough at 200 and I failed to add at July start which was a silly mistake

Mark Woodford says he will refuse to take up any of Lloyds and no doubt he is right on its continued struggles

Float adjusted, 70p is near to the best prices Lloyds has held since 2008

I bought some POG and AMA as I think people were overly scared vs actual prospects, but I doubt I will see it double that soon

Soldato
Anyone else looking at gold mines?

Theres been some big trades on SHG that appears to be somewhat undervalued thanks to the low gold price. With gold making a recovery* it might well be worth a punt?

I purchased 150 shares in Petropavlovsk last week.

Rising nicely, already making a profit.

Looking at their position a year ago, potentially it could be a nice margin.

Soldato
Nice rise in gold today. POG is ironic as they hedged gold at least half plus they own IRC in HK (iron ore)

MML really rose well, again they can make a profit either way 900 or 1300 afaik
Margin expansion is why stocks can move exponentially, I used to have slides to explain why but I lost them. Pog can be 10 quid again hopefully not kidding myself there, but nearterm purposeful pessimism is profitable :p

I made 10 million
traders lose least, not win the most but easier said then done :o
Check out Jesse L. Livermore, homeless to self made billionaire and back again
http://moneymorning.com/2013/01/04/nine-lessons-from-the-greatest-trader-who-ever-lived/

GKP better then I feared but still slow

>
> No typo. Thousands of staff at #*SportsDirect*
> https://twitter.com/search?q=#SportsDirect&src=hash, will net
> more than £70,000. Some made £20K /yr got £70K bonus $*SPD*
> >
Some very jealous ex workers I know from there
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...aff-line-76-500-windfall-profits-leap-40.html

Last edited:
Soldato
hmmn, might have to look into pog! :) shg is looking more of a long haul at them moment but I'm still 25% up.

Gold mines are well gold mines at the moment with the current prices as long as your watching the gold prices like a hawk!

On anther note BPC is looking interesting but i think its to unstable/early at the moment.

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
Soldato
Hate to say it but this guy is probably correct. Could be the end of the gold rally, as quick as that.
Hopefully it'll be a bit more resilient and even defy $1350 as a top but the odds favour down
Especially in the summer, without major news or high volume, etc Its hard walking up a ski slope as many share graphs look like. Momentum/relief on stocks might also take us higher before any stall
Scott Redler ‏@RedDogT3Live 12m
If you switched gears in the #metals around June 28th when the technicals flashed to do so. Good job being flexible. $gld $slv.
Scott Redler ‏@RedDogT3Live 11m
If you traded it better than me . Which was horrible since I tried being long $gld & $slv since those lows. I'd take some profits here
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Apple results out later http://t.co/zQsBorDEv8

Last edited:
Associate
Hi Guys,

Back from my hols and have felt like **** for 4 days. Blood tests showed me fighting off an infection but I'm feeling better now.

My gold short got taken out at its stop while I was away but have taken out a larger short now @ $1342 which I am very hopeful for.

Only other downside while I was away was the Microsoft results but everything els showing nice profits.

Kicking myself for not buying more Barclays before my hols. but never mind

Hope you are all winning some.

Soldato
This guy is http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000182758 and has been for years

If short anything you then take the other side which is currency really. China is fixed to dollar so its not that straightforward I reckon

Amara is so strong, looking at charts yesterday I was thinking I should have bought more because its not in the price
Im not Jesse Livermore so Im not chasing it doubling up bets but thats how to get rich in theory or very broke
If it dont get 20 in a month I call that a failure and I was wrong again

130 for POG though I sold some.

dlnCcms.png
Bit of a gold rush

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone brave enough to risk Fastjet? they are now selling there international tickets. I'm sorely tempted by the potential gains but the fact its Africa really puts the shakers into you!

Anyone here have SGP (Superdry) shares?

They've jumped quite substantially recently, I'm wondering If I should sell up..

They seem pretty solid at the moment. Though admittedly haven't looked into them deeply! Unless you need the money I'd probably hang on a while longer

Soldato
Easyjet is supposed to be a good one for excess cash. Theres an airline in western Australia doing well Questor says, think I'd prefer that if any.
Rolls Royce shares are safest, easiest to buy I reckon. Sell shovels in a gold rush.

Retail always does better then I expect. Look at Next, I know nothing about if they will do well though

Cheasapeake is my best today. Pity I got fed up late last year and didnt buy more. USA has +GDP almost 3x UK so seems to be lots of optimism
Gold is snared

Soldato
Funnily enough Stelios has involvement in Fastjet (hence the name), big big big risk mind, Easyjet did start off in similar grounds but Africa really is an untamed beast compared to Europe but also a hugely untapped market. I'm watching this one closely though that's for sure!

Gold is snared

Aint that the truth
The people who be are doing there best to keep the price ~1300 at the moment!! I've pulled my investments from anything to do with Gold at the moment, made a nice profit mind :) I'll come back when there's more movement.

Should be a good day for TCG tomorrow. Wish i could plough more into it tbh!

Soldato
Im -25% average on a gold fund I bought regularly, I sold just a bit that I had +10% just so I can buy at $900 gold if we get there

TCG another retail stock :o graph looks sound still

That fastjet sounds worth a look, might be good in a commodities boom for workers. Im sure they got rising demand anyway

Lloyds is doing great, looks like 80p is possible - 16PE? Got another graph to gauge it by with some cpu drawn levels
Dfa90kc.png

Back
Top Bottom