Triathletes

Soldato
well...went open water swimming on sunday morning and did a nice 1.5miler. Feeling good and confident on the swim distance now seeing that I had naff all to eat/drink prior to the swim.

Then picked up my nice new shiney bike. :) Happy days.

Then got a stonking cold/flu sunday evening and done nowt but look at my new bike since. Sunday was the first thing ive done post Outlaw 1/2; taken me a lot longer to recover than I thought!

Soldato
1q2639.jpg

:)

Yet to put the zipps on. Gonna be awesome when I swap them.

Permabanned
Went for my first open water swimming session this year this evening. Completely forgot how strange it is to swim in a wetsuit. Water was 17.x degrees so fairly warm although my hands and feet felt a little cold still.

My wetsuit seemed to be rubbing on my neck a fair bit, other than lubrication can fitting make a massive difference here at all?

Soldato
OP
You can cut the neck if you want.

The only other tip I have is to avoid swimming in a wetsuit for a few days after having your hair cut if your barber does your neck with a cut throat razor. You don't want to be 750m out and feel like someone is trying to cut your head off.

Permabanned
Hmm, think I'll be cutting the neck then as I can imagine it will cause a decent rash if I end up being as consistent as I want to be.

Swam in open water for the first time last year as part of my first Triathlon. 1500m swim with no lubrication, no cut neck and a freshly shaved head and I ended up with a very red patch on the back of my neck which was sore for weeks. :(

Didn't actually realise the hair would make much difference but it does make sense. I pretty much always cut my hair (do it myself with clippers) a couple of days before a race, this will change!!

Associate
I'm the same. Not at all motivated for this one I'm afraid. I just want it done and dusted.

Got a recurrence of my Achilles problem and also have a sore hip when running.

Bike and swim should be ok. Just hoping all the downpours happen on Saturday and Sunday stays dry.

Roll on monday :)

Soldato
Wierdly in the exact same boat, just it out the way now. Not particularly looking forward either. Training has been okish, only managed two 100mile rides and have barely been swimming either!

Weather is looking severe now too

Back
Top Bottom