Triathletes

Cycled about 60miles of the Louisville Ironman course early this morning (which is most of it, as there is a 25mile loop). Very hilly, which is good and bad, but really enjoyed it.........until the last 2miles left I had a blown tire :-( with no spares (bad Clipsey).

What was far more interesting that it the Half Ironman was this morning also (same route just not as far) and I set off about an hour or so ahead of them. By time I was on the way back people were cheering me thinking I was in the lead lol :D

I worked out I could do a sprint distance triathlon by swimming in the sea from a point to my office, cycling the 20km back home then doing a 5km run around the neighbourhood. Whether I will do it or not however is a different question entirely :p

Anyone know of any events that don't include swimming, or replace it with something else? For example last weekend I did the Winchester PPP which is 20km cycle, 5km run and 2km kayaking.

Well I did a 2 hour bricking session last night to try out my new music mix, and it felt fantastic. Given me a lot of confidence ahead of my first Olympic in....2 weeks :eek:.

Good luck platypus! I did a 40mile bike followed by 10k run on Sunday and really did feel it. Definitely going to try incorporate more brick sessions in my training.

Anyone know of any events that don't include swimming, or replace it with something else? For example last weekend I did the Winchester PPP which is 20km cycle, 5km run and 2km kayaking.

You could also look at adventure races (eg Questars, Open5) though they add self navigation as part of the challenge.

All depends on how far you are traveling and hard you push yourself. 17mph is pretty good going. But if it's just for 1hr or less, then you can probably push harder :) If it's over 4hours (which I doubt as it's a commute :p) then it's great.

It's 14.6 miles, and pretty flat, and I usually do 20mph average, with some 30mph parts (on the brand new road :cool:), and some slow bits on the few hills (if you can call them that :p).

Back
Top Bottom