Triathletes

Well as far as I can tell the new bike improved things. I've generally had a lack of sleep recently though so I'm attributing it to that. I did think about taking the bike to a LBS to get fitted, but I don't know about one that will do it for a bike you own, rather then are buying.

Definitely overtraining, even if the bike does need looking at. I could use a massage, I think.

Am wondering, do you guys think I should have a tshirt (loose fitting so easy to throw on) ready at T1 for the bike? I'm going to be cold coming out of the sea..

I'd try and avoid it. But it depends upon the temp, wind & rain on the day.

I should imagine that once you get your legs wound up you'll be generating all the heat you need and your trisuit will dry out very quickly.

A loose t-thirt is probably going to undo a lot of the benefit you get form an aero bike and will just be annoying after a few miles.

Hmm, ok. Maybe a towel to dry my hair :p?

How about adapting this as an aero helmet and running it from a dynamo on your rear wheel?

512.jpg

2.5wks to go til the big day, seems weird as I feel I have really checked out of this now, I have so much going on. Plus with 'tapering' meaning I shouldn't be doing big amounts of training, doesn't seem right.
I think one more longish bike ride, long swim and long run over the 2wks should be good! Urgh getting nervous!

3 days until my big day and everything seems to be going wrong. My body seems to be unable to cycle or swim properly, and don't even mention the running. I've been tapering down for two weeks now, and won't be cycling after today apart from a quick ride Friday evening. My last run is tonight, and god knows how that will go, and I intend to do a 750m swim on Thursday, but everything has been getting progressively worse! Here's hoping my adrenal system takes over and does its job on Saturday.

I've never read into triathlons or iron man but it seems like an obscene amount of exercise, do you have to eat an outrageous amount of calories or do you end up thin as a rake?

I've lost 5 kilos since June, when I started training 'properly'. I'm not as thin as a rake by any means, but my six pack is coming back :eek:.

It is a lot of exercise, especially Ironman training. An awful lot.

It is a lot of exercise, especially Ironman training. An awful lot.

Ask my wife, she barely sees me anymore :( It takes an awful lot of your time up, long bike rides, trips to the lake for swimming etc.
I have lost about 26lbs or so since this time last year, and I barely had any fat on me then :eek: That is a side benefit, I'm in great shape :cool:

Back
Top Bottom