TV Licence Super Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ken
  • Start date Start date
Just realised I’ll need to pay now, too. Just moved into a place from abroad. Have a TV. £170 a year seems rather steep. I assume someone will come knocking to check I have paid, right?
Having a TV doesn't mean you need a license, depends what you do with it, but assuming you watch live tv then yeah you need a license. I agree it's very steep. Whether someone checks or not isn't really the point unless you plan on trying to evade, in which case I can't give advice as that's illegal.

Having a TV doesn't mean you need a license, depends what you do with it, but assuming you watch live tv then yeah you need a license. I agree it's very steep. Whether someone checks or not isn't really the point unless you plan on trying to evade, in which case I can't give advice as that's illegal.

We have Sky TV. So yea we definitely need a license. I’ll have to get that sorted at some point.

I haven't bought a licence since i moved to the new place 7 years ago. I basically use my TV as a glorified PC Monitor and I don't watch anything live.

Watching the formula one after the race has ended, isn’t fun.

Its better.
You can skip any boring red flag hour waits.
You don't miss the best hours of the weekend (midday) especially in summer.
If the forum rates it 4 or less you can skip wasting 2 hours of your life.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom